RPS Podcast Takeover Prt 2: One Life Left

By Kieron Gillen on November 25th, 2008 at 4:02 pm.

Ooh, I do like a  nice bit of terrain.

It’s not just John who can barge into one of our peers’ expensive recording studios and marvel at their fancy mikes. I was the special guest on the award-nominated One Life Left last night, with comrades Ste Curran and Sir Ann Scantlebury. You can get the podcast here. In it we talk about all the important issues, such as where I was when I heard the PC had died and why anyone would play a Civil War game anyway. Also, talk about the Sugababes. You’ll also find details of the OLL Christmas party, which I’ll be attended on Satuday. Do come! Here’s the link again, in case you read with your mouse-cursor as a guide. Which podcast should RPS crash next, readers?

__________________

« | »

, .

1. Schtee says:

Yours, OLL and PC Gamer’s are the only podcasts to which I subscribe, so if you put one out soon you’ll’ve done ‘em all in a week. Good job.

2. Senethro says:

Chaotic Neutral/Neutral Good Schism? Whats that about?

(CN4lyfe)

3. The_B says:

Which podcast should RPS crash next, readers?

The Shipping Forecast, clearly.

4. Nero says:

That’s great. I used to listen to lots of podcasts, but stopped after most had the same contents (also very console focused which bored me) but OLL is the one I have not stopped listening too, since it’s so funny. Good to hear you on there.

5. Dreamhacker says:

Wait a minute… SIR Ann? Women can be sirs?

6. Mr Wonderstuff says:

I like OLL. Shame my web banner and tshirt submission never got used…*shakes fist*.

7. Zoso says:

Clearly you must gatecrash either Mark Kermode’s film reviews from 5live, or In Our Time from Radio 4. As you’ve missed the golden opportunity of Max Payne on the former, it’ll have to be the latter.

“Hello, and welcome to In Our Time. Today, World of Goo. Albert Einstein said ‘The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible’. Was he talking about the World of Goo at the time? Does Goo make a world more or less comprehensible? And how, exactly, do you do that tricky bit on level 7? With me to discuss the subject, Neville Bamshute, Professor of Modern European Computer Games and Fellow of Hatstand College, University of Swindon; Norman Tebbett, AG Leventis Professor of Gaming Culture at the University of Bognor; and Doctor Rockpaper Shotgun, Senior Lecturer in the Department of History and Philosophy of Science at Cambridge University.”

8. Man Raised By Puffins says:

@ Zoso: You missed out those handsome gaming luminaries Professor Game and Doctor Watch.

9. ImperialCreed says:

Which podcast should RPS crash next, readers?

I think I speak for precisely no one but myself when I say any RPS talking head is welcome on the J-Server Podcast anytime.

10. Muzman says:

Gamers with Job’s had a fairly respectable show last time I listened. Fly over and use a lot of swear words.

11. Iain "DDude" Dawson says:

I would similarly love to hear RPS meet J-Server.

You would all also be more than welcome on DDude’s Quiz if the lazy ass-hat in charge of that get the new episode organised.

Oh..

12. Zain "PPude" Pawson says:

I agree with the (talented and handsome) gentleman above. And lol at Zoso.

13. Leeks! says:

LAN party. They certainly namedrop you guys enough.

14. Andrew Wills says:

The ModDB podcast… The Modcast!

15. The_B says:

Which podcast should RPS crash next, readers?

Aww man. But my guest appearance on there will now sound even worse than if I had gone on there spending most of the time making Your Mother jokes!

Oh wait….

16. ImperialCreed says:

Truly sorry I wasn’t in the session for that one B…

17. RichPowers says:

RPS should crash BBC4′s “In Our Time” podcast. Listening to Kieron or Jim talk about Aristotle, baroque, and Hitler? Count me in!

18. nabeel says:

Which podcast should RPS crash next, readers?

Crash? What about your own podcast? Where is episode 7? HMM?

nabeel

19. Unrein says:

Wait… Is that the Simon Byron on that site from what-used-to-be The One magazine?

20. Radiant says:

Did anyone mention the ratings fixing malarkey that Byron got caught up in?
    Greatest press release ever.

21. Schtee says:

Did anyone mention the ratings fixing malarkey that Byron got caught up in?
    Greatest press release ever.

Covered in the OLL podcast ;D

22. Ginger Yellow says:

Yeah, make it LAN Party. It’s about the only “corporate” gaming podcast without any Brits on it.

Comment on this story