Love Gets Closer

Just a random bit of newsflash from one of the games we’ve been following most closely this year: Eskil Steenberg’s latest blog entry closes with the line: “I don’t know if is possible to “manufacture” great control bugs, but its worth a try, maybe I already have. Next week when i get back home from LA, my first alpha will go out so I guess I will find out.”

Hopefully we’ll get to find out too. If you missed the trailer for this amazing looking indie MMO, check out the trailer.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. Saul says:

Wonderful! I just sent a link to the Love site to a girl I want to impress with games =)

2. Meat Circus says:

I think I’ll forward my dry cleaning bill to you, if that’s okay Jim.

3. manintheshack says:

@Saul: Surely that’s not an effective relationship-starter?! Why don’t people write poetry anymore? Where’s the romance, eh?

phuzz says:

@manintheshack
    Leave off the boy! If he can impress a girl with games, well, don’t we all wish we could do that?
    Also, as Scroobius Pip has taught us: “Don’t use music, art or poetry to get into a girls pants, use it to get into their heads” :)

5. Heliocentric says:

To get into girls pants i suggest baileys. To get into girls heads i suggest a chisel.

6. Pags says:

Using Love as a chat-up line? Isn’t that the equivalent of saying “get your coat love, you’ve pulled”? Subtlety is required: Doom for instance – try telling me that the shotgun isn’t phallic, or the cacodemon isn’t strongly vaginal.

7. manintheshack says:

Hmmm, perhaps you’re right. I bet the giant testicular monster in Half-Life would make any girl’s belly fizz.

8. James T says:

I think the Icon of Sin’s much more gynecological than the Cacodaemon. Maybe it’s because Romero is a

DOONK
    [a fatal exception has occurred at 0028:D4029XD1 in VxD MSIMX(01)+00000721]

9. Radiant says:

These comments were not what I was expecting.
    *showers*

10. Eli Just says:

I saw this earlier. I hope it’s open.

11. manintheshack says:

What? I love it when the comments turn sexy…

12. Squiff says:

That’s what she said.

13. Meat Circus says:

Eskil Steenberg is not writing this game just so you can get ladies’ front bums wet, you know.

FOR SHAME.

14. Pags says:

He’s writing it so you can get their back bums wet.

YOU HEARD ME.

15. Dominic White says:

While I love the visual style of this game, and some of the overarching concepts sound great, the guy really seems to have a hardon for ‘pro’ gaming, ala bunnyhopping and wall-sliding and proto-skiing.

Such things might work great in the context of a tight deathmatch shooter played by very dedicated people with the reflexes of a hummingbird, but most people (and I’m talking about gamers in general – even action gaming types, not just the MMO crowd) really aren’t up to that kinda stuff. It looks weird and really only appeals to the most hardcore of perfectionists.

I really worry how things will turn out of he tries melding ultra-twitch ‘deliberately buggy’ FPS gameplay with a dynamic-world MMO.

16. Tei says:

I am looking forward for this game. The graphics magnetize me, and the gameplay seems will be open and experimental enough to use it half as a toy, half as a game, in a good way. Or maybe I am wrong, but anyway sounds cool.

17. Saul says:

Well, I’ve written poetry too– trying to cover all bases, see?

18. Hmm.Hmm says:

Much love to come from Eskil Steenberg.

*cough*

19. Tim says:

I wonder if he’s a ‘genius’ at scalable server and network architecture too.. cause there’s so many people following this, I suspect not everyone will be able to play it when it goes live. Must be a tough thing for any indie, let alone an mmo.

20. Larington says:

Well, being an independent, at least he’ll have an excuse for server downtime on day of release. Whereas there are plenty much bigger development teams that have summarily failed at such a task.

A stable mostly bug free MMO at release? What are the chances eh?… (That said LOTROs was pretty good and AoCs wasn’t bad, aside from failing to have a key element of the promised feature list in game from day of release of course).

21. Joseph says:

@Dominic White

Personally I agree with the way he talks about controls in his blog… and I enjoy bunny hopping & skiing although no idea what you mean by wall-sliding unless it’s like in Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater.

I’m not a pro gamer (although I’m not quite sure how you’d define that), I just like those things. I think they add fun, and like Eskil says, make it feel more like you’re in control, making it a more personal gaming experience.

22. Blizzard2 says:

@Tim

Look at his work on (uni-)verse , eskil seems to be really proficient in network architecture.