Argonauts Risen, Delayed In Avalon

By Jim Rossignol on December 12th, 2008 at 6:08 pm.

Like me, Achilles bows to no man. But, come to think of it, perhaps that’s just because we’re not big on bowing in middle-class Somerset, and things were probably quite different for the legendary warrior.

Anyway, you can watch Achilles not bow to anyone in this latest Rise Of The Argonauts trailer, which proffers a pixelated spread of fresh in-game visuals for you to ponder over. Initial thoughts: Pan is a bit funny looking, and Jason is wearing the armoured version of Bill’s t-shirt at the end there. And also: where’s our copy of the game, Codemasters? Oh right, it’s not out in the UK until next year! Which is a little upsetting, since this trailer has been timed to coincide with the release of the game in Europe today, and in the US next week. Brits will have wait until “early 2009″ for Codemasters to fleece your gold.

Rise of the Argonauts `Allies` Trailer

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. A-Scale says:

I predict poor reviews for this game.

2. Larington says:

PC needs a sexier logo, it looks so small and unimportant next to the XBOX LIVE and PLAYSTATION THREE (You get the idea) logos. I actually struggled to see the PC logo on that developer/publisher/platforms screen at the end.

3. Fumarole says:

So the male equivalent of the chainmail bikini has arrived.

4. Brann says:

Er… it’s not [b]Achilles[/b], it’s [b]Jason[/b] you silly Briton.

5. Wayward says:

Try watching the trailer Brann.

It’s a shame Achilles is in it. It’s not like the Argonauts roster was short of big name heroes. Squeezing the moody rock-star of ancient Greek myth in there seems a bit cheap.

Usually I’d be cheesed off that we have to wait for this, but I’m still backed up with games thanks to the recent glut.

6. The Poisoned Sponge says:

I’d rather Ajax to Achilles, but I guess they’ve got their big bloke in Hercules.

7. Mister Yuck says:

I don’t think I have big enough balls to play this game. Even the token girl had more testosterone coursing through her veins than I do.

8. Subject 706 says:

Is it just me, or do all the protagonists look really fucking stupid?

9. Rook says:

It’s sad when the news of the delay is
    a) good, as I have too much to play anyways
    b) heads up on the need to cancel a pre-order.

10. Gap Gen says:

This game should be available solely from Argos. It is only right and proper.

11. Gap Gen says:

“Is it just me, or do all the protagonists look really fucking stupid?”

Reminded me of Advent Rising, where you play someone who is basically a boy band member, in space.

12. Ozzie says:

Gee, I just played through Advent Rising last week on PC!
    Despite some annoying crashes, jerky performance, some repetition in the middle part, terrible balancing and under-used powers (the timeshift power could have been a great mechanic for some jumping puzzles, but nooo!)……..it was silly, brainless fun.

Oh, back to topic: Trailer looked disappointing. I dunno, I liked the stuff that I saw before, but in comparision with all the other creative new titles out there it looks oddly generic.

13. Jim Rossignol says:

@Brann, I am well aware of the difference between Jason and Achilles: watch the trailer!

14. N says:

I’m playing it and it’s a pretty decent thing, the next step after God of War me thinks, nice melee action, four different tipes of attack plus the blocking/ shield bashing and dodging. So far it fairs nicely…

15. Jochen Scheisse says:

I’d prefer an emo Odysseus, who constantly goes on about how he wants to go home and how the plot is a big pile of crap. Because I think the plot will be a big pile of crap.

Comment on this story