Democracy 2, New Demo And Stuff

By Jim Rossignol on January 12th, 2009 at 5:54 pm.

Just in case you’re casting about for something to play in the dark hours of our Northern Hemisphere winter (damn you, Southern Hemisphere dwellers!) Cliffski has put up a new demo for the rather realistic governmental simulation Democracy 2. It’s a genuinely excellent game with lots of icons, and we all love icons. But there’s more than icons: there’s brains too. And they’re not so visible. Anyway, Kieron discusses the game in a bit more detail here. The new demo is here, and there’s a patch out for those of you who already own the thing.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. Pijama says:

Don’t get so uppity. It is FUCKING HOT down here, and my caucasianess is allergic to the sun. :(

Hmmmmmm, Democracy. Gotta try it eventually…

2. FernandoDANTE says:

Trust me, the Southern Hemisphere is TOO FUCKING HOT right now.

(not where I live, because I live down South, so it’s not that hot, but still…)

3. phil says:

Currently living in London is like existing in a cool, dank, dingy distopia where you see the Sun for thirty minutes at lunch time, clouds permitting. Otherwise the city could be used for a sequel to 30 Days of Night.

4. Grandstone says:

The demo’s too short, but it’s good. I’m too hooked on Civ III (the whole thing for five bucks on Steam!) to bother with this, but maybe when a few paychecks come in I’ll give this more than a look.

5. JKjoker says:

I agree with Pijama, it really is fucking hot down here, i can put more clothes on but i can’t rip my skin off, plus those damn mosquitoes love the heat

6. Unlucky Irish says:

TOO much sun you say? I live in Scotland, and without wishing to sound too twee or cliched, and i get so little sunlight i fear I’m beginning to develope rickets. ¬_¬

7. Nahkatakkimies says:

Stop whining. You guys ever been to Finland? It’s the dark winter that makes us all depressed and suicidal and brutal death metal.

Although I love the snow.

8. Winterborn says:

Finland sounds nice. My aircon broke last summer and this house holds heat like nothing else. I’m still going to be sweating at two am.

9. Heliocentric says:

I don’t go outside when the sun is out. Giant ball of fire IN THE SKY, does no-one else see why this might be bad?

10. Muzman says:

How can you call yourself ‘Heliocentric’?

11. Dizet Sma says:

Heliocentric =/= Heliophile, Muzman.

12. Muzman says:

There’s a joke about heliotropes in there somewhere but I can’t figure it

13. SanguineLobster says:

Heliotropes? more like HelioTRIPES!

Nailed it.

14. Naurgul says:

The demo is really short. You don’t even get to see the effects of your biggest policy changes once. How are we supposed to decide whether to buy this game or not?

15. Anonymous says:

@Naurgul: My thoughts *exactly*. That’s why I pirated the game, tried it out until I got to see said effects, and then decided I didn’t like the game (and promptly uninstalled it).

Comment on this story