Walkie Tonky

By Jim Rossignol on January 22nd, 2009 at 10:45 am.

Indiegames linked us to a lovely little prototype demo from Pieces Interactive. It’s a side-scrolling smash ‘em up called Walkie Tonky. In it you play an alien robot with telescopic legs, who, having been dropped off on the mothership, is off on a rampage. Kick and flail arms to do damage, or simply extend legs to step your way over trouble. I love the silhouette/shadow-puppet visuals on this one. There’s a direct link to the 20mb download here.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Heliocentric says:

Damnit! I downloaded this already, but the smallest of my offsprings took too long to fall asleep and I was tired by the time I came back to my pc!

Now the only opinion I can offer is that the screen shots are pretty, I am a failure of a human being.

2. Rattus says:

Definitely try this, i was overjoyed with sound effects, which are tied to game action – kick something and get a cymbal sound perfectly fitting music.

3. Fede says:

Reminds vaguely of one of Kyle Gabler’s experimental projects

4. Pags says:

Oooooh hoo hoo hoo!

Slow download is slow, so I’m just going to sit and look at the pretty screenshots for a bit and OH MY GOODNESS a trailer! Oooh hoo hoo hoo!

5. BC says:

the mirrors on the website download it a hell of a lot faster

6. Pags says:

Yes, when I saw there was a Mediafire mirror I used that instead. This game is officially ‘pretty super’. I especially enjoying plucking the shells tanks launch at me out of the air and throwing them back at them. I also like the noise the robot makes when he is hurted.

7. SpoonySeeker says:

Ugh, besides the graphics this game really doesn’t have anything going for it. Boring gameplay, frequent bugs, uninspired, etc

8. Smee says:

I love the classic keyboard sound effects. Love them.

No mention of the unlockable Challenge mode in which you have to take a garden gnome to the end of the level? It’s the recoloured gnome from Half Life Episode 2 to boot.

9. Smee says:

Actually, it’s all very reminiscent of Kyle Gabler’s experiment ‘Robot and the Cities that Built Him’, now that I come to think of it.

10. Angel Dust says:

Visually it looks very much like the awesome PSP game Patapon to me. I will definitely download this and give it a go as soon as I get home.

11. rob says:

The clapping in this game is glorious.

12. A-Scale says:

Why is this not a flash game?

13. Wedge says:

Oh wow, this is pretty cool actually. Love the music integration, and fun little bit of gameplay.

14. WarpRattler says:

So is that 20MB in English megabytes?

Just installed, but I need sleep, so I’ll play after classes…14 hours or so from now. If the suspense doesn’t kill me before then, of course.

15. Dan says:

Really fun game, I must have played through it 3 times in the last hour or so.

Spoonyseeker, I’m not sure you’re playing the same game? I’ve not encountered a single bug.

16. Naurgul says:

The gameplay is not excellent but it’s anything from mediocre to above average. The graphics/style and the music/sounds make this worth a try, at least.

Comment on this story