Majesty 2: Videos 4

By Kieron Gillen on February 17th, 2009 at 7:14 pm.

Yeah, totally being lazy with this screenshot.

What’s better than a new video? Two new videos. What’s better than two new videos? Three new videos. What’s better than three new videos? Four new videos. However, if you go any higher than that it loops around and becomes rubbish again, so it’s lucky Paradox stopped there when choosing to release a new mass of footage of RPS-Unknown-Pleasure Majesty 2. You’ll find it below the hut, complete with Paradox’s video titles.

“Fighting is good for you”

This one’s about fighting.

“Build the fantasy city of your dreams”

This one’s about building a fantasy city.

“Buy the stuff heroes are made of”

This one’s about buying stuff for your heroes, to keep them sweet.

“Make your heroes earn their living”

This one’s about making your heroes to do stuff you want them to, which they’ve little interest in.

It seems like Majesty’s treatment of heroes is much like my treatment of lovers. Man!

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Fumarole says:

I played the demo of the first Majesty and thought it was a good concept, but poorly executed. Maybe this one will correct that?

Is that soldier in the second video beating something with a broom?

2. Uglycat says:

Ooo even the same noises!

3. Flint says:

Any information or estimate on release date?

4. Jeremy says:

Here is some release information, though Q2 is a bit… ambiguous.

5. Jubaal says:

Aye Uglycat, I noticed that too. Those sounds brought back some happy memories.

6. elvedrano says:

Rotating camera is so nineties…

7. Mythrilfan says:

Manchester United: 2.

8. Carra says:

Poorly executed? Still stands as one of the best games of all time in my book.

9. Gassalasca says:

I really enojyed that little bit of original Majesy I got to play. Here’s hoping that the sequel will retain the juicy, irresistible pith and add a scrumptious layer of innovation and general technical uptodateness.

10. jackflash says:

mmm this looks yummy.

11. Digit says:

OMG! It’s even got the sounds from the original. <3

I can’t wait for this, Majesty was so good!

12. Arathain says:

Hold on just one second. It has the sounds, yes, but where are the voices? Those wonderful, characterful samples! “You won’t get my gold” from the running Rogues… “I’m melting!” from the ever-dying Wizards, and, of course “Oo, a pretty star!” from the Cultists when they leveled. I love those samples. It won’t be Majesty without them.

13. Transient says:

@Arathin

Who could forget that smug, whiny, “Tax collector?” I think the one that annoyed me most and I remember best was “I’m melting!”

14. Levictus says:

The original Majesty was an excellent game. It introduced quite a few interesting ideas, like independent heroes that need incentives to do stuff. Anyone who likes strategy/management type games will love Majesty. Hopefully, the company that is developing the second title will capture the spirit of the original.

15. Digit says:

Well I’m not sure we see much of people dying and levelling in the videos. It points to a positive step that they have acknowledged the sound is good, and if they add their own voices, so much the better. I would prefer rather than the old ones, that they were remixed and re-recorded.

16. vanarbulax says:

Agreed needs more original voices “Goolllddd your majesty.”. Plus I have heard “I join… the wild spirits” so many times I think it will never leave me.

17. Hmm-Hmm. says:

The sound effects, they are coming back to me!

It’s interesting how small details such as those pay off. And yes, the game should feature the taxman’s voice. That one is iconic.

18. N says:

Well since I still have the original on my drive, alongside Master of Magic hah, I really don’t see that much of a need for the whole 3D thing, the pre-rendered godness of the first one still holds up nicely, then again… the full 3D world seems to be the only improvement these guys are making.

I forgot how annoying those goddamn saws are… they should completely change the building effects ffsake.

19. Ziv says:

I hope they don’t do what that happened w/ the northern expansion, I had it but played only a couple of levels of it because it had all those new buildings w/o an explanation of all the new stuff, in short – make a GOOD tutorial for new stuff!

20. Arathain says:

“I think the one that annoyed me most and I remember best was ā€œIā€™m melting!ā€”

Stupid wizards. Get one past the first few levels and they were ridiculously powerful. This was balanced by them dying when a monster accidentally brushing them as it passed. So that sound gets played a lot.