Demigod “Oak” Developer Walkthrough

By Jim Rossignol on March 5th, 2009 at 11:00 am.

The mighty Brad Wardell of Stardock has done a lengthy narration of in-game footage for Demigod, and it’s been hosted over at GameTrailers. I’ve embedded that after the jump for your eyebrow-raising consideration. Wardell is playing as one of the demigods we’ve not seen before: the Oak, who has some splendid necromantic talents. The man from Stardock also talks about the Pantheon, which is Demigod’s “persistent world” battle tracking system. That will basically allow you to put your efforts into fighting for a particular faction, pushing one of the demigods towards ascension to full godhood.

Anyway, go take a look. Demigod is due to ascend to digital retailhood in April.

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. ROFL says:

Sweet game.

2. Colthor says:

Most literal interpretation of “fog of war” yet?

Looks pretty. Lot of RTS-type games around at the moment, aren’t there?

3. Leman says:

I love how he never really explains anything, its just im gonna move my guy over here and take this thing.

4. Ceremony says:

I was fearing the game would be dumbed down or overly simplified, but this looks sufficiently confusing enough to allow for a huge skill gap between novice and expert players. This way if I play the game for way too many hours I can feel superior over those who just play it casually.

5. Oak says:

Such a shock I felt, and then nothing.

6. Uglycat says:

So, expensive DOTA?
    It might be beta, but I’m quite visually confused by what’s going on – it’s hard to see units.

7. Flint says:

I see a big white square instead of an embedded video.

8. Butler` says:

Same as Flint.

9. danielcardigan says:

“I see a big white square instead of an embedded video.”

That’d be Brad.

Nero says:

Yeah I couldn’t really tell which his units were and what he was actually doing. But we’ll see.

11. skizelo says:

It only makes me want to dig out Sacrifice again.
    That may be more a reflection of me than of Demigod though.

12. Heliocentric says:

My ‘adjective’ girlfriend sat and watched me play Company of heroes once, she told me that it was practically a blur of visual noise and she had no idea what had just happened for most of the match.

So hearing you say that about the demigod video doesnt disuade me of demigods quality(the video wont play on my uni’s linux box). But i’ll be needing a demo to know if i want to spend space bux on this.

13. The_B says:

Dunno, he looks a bit wooden to me.

Geddit?

14. Mr. Brand says:

The thing about Demigod is that you really just control your demigod. The other units just fight alongside you.

15. Dominic White says:

Mr. Brand: Kinda – half the Demigods are ‘Assassin’ types which are focused entirely around their own powers and presence on the battlefield, but the other half are Generals, who are still powerful, but also command a small force of their own that you control RTS style, in addition to the constantly spawned waves of troops that march out of your base.

MonkeyMonster says:

I vill be slapping some purple beer tokens on the altar of the internet for this when released – does look rather gnarly (no oak pun intended)
    There are some (well one when I last looked) biopics of the demigods on the main site which was quite entertaining to read.

17. CMoney says:

Hey, you can play this game right now! Its called Dota :)

18. Tei says:

Demigod Gameply for Dummies:

Portals automatically spam units.
    Theres something like a central HQ updateable (automatic defenses, type of units the protals will spawn).
    You control a hero, will skills that have a cooldown, you win XP killing stuff, to unlock skills. So you move to flags, take flags. If other hero is on the flag, you try to kill him. If you take all the flags and destroy the enemy HQ, you win.

The video already shows all.

:-I

19. Rei Onryou says:

Hard to follow, but I feel better seeing the game in action, rather than just tidbits of info. Will have to wait and see if I’ll get it.

20. north face denali says:

Wow! Some amazing effects. Definitely some great ideas here.

21. the north face denali says:

Definitely some great ideas here. Thanks for sharing!