Zeno Clash Comic

By Jim Rossignol on March 26th, 2009 at 8:39 pm.

ACE Team have released a Zeno Clash webcomic. Not sure if it’s ongoing – the last page suggests that it might be – but it gives us a touch more flavour of what to expect from the game. Zeno Clash is out in April, and we’ll hopefully bring you a startlingly witty and insight, perhaps even poignant, review of the game before then.

, .

Sponsored links by Taboola

solipsistnation says:

Well, okay. It’s not as weird as the rest of the concepts seem to be, but it’s interesting.

…note to self: when playing game, if you see little squirrel dudes with giant barrels of gunpowder tied to their backs, RUN.

2. Ian says:

I think we can extend that advice to real life, too.

3. Nighthood says:

I’m really looking forward to this game. The best thing about it is the developers themselves, and how they always seem to acknowledge everything their community says. Maybe it’ll work out for them, it did for Valve.

4. Brother None says:

You guys forgot? There *are* exploding squirrels in the game, as shown in the trailer, about half-way through, the things spat out by the long-necked creatures look to be squirrels (or raccoons, rather) with barrels on their backs.

5. Thiefsie says:

Hope that picking this up in the 24hr steam sale was a good idea still!

6. hydra9 says:

This guy (with his squirrels) is definitely one of your opponents in the game. I have to say – beautiful art, very good writing – This kicks the crap out of yer average video-game tie in comic. Hope they do more of them.

7. TychoCelchuuu says:

Very good comic. Makes me feel even better about having preordered it.

8. skalpadda says:

Am I alone in thinking this makes The Old Republic mini comic look very bland? I picked the pre-order as well, if nothing else this should be a different and interesting thing :)

9. Cedge says:

Absolutely aces. Nice to get a good look at that Hunter character. The design (like all of the ones I’ve seen) is terrific. The mask, the robes. Terrific.

One of the developers said that this is a scene that we won’t actually see in the game, so this serves really well to expand the plot further. I’m hoping that they do some more (they call it their “first webcomic,” so it seems like a safe bet). No way it’ll happen, seeing as they aren’t even doing a retail release in most parts of the world, but a printed release would be awful nice (if there are more).

10. Markoff Chaney says:

This immolated the TOR comic. Excellent work, brothers. Nice free tie in to drum up more excitement for your product. I hope Zeno Clash does y’all well.

11. cyrenic says:

If the writing in the game is at a similar level of quality, I think we’re in for a treat.

12. Subject 706 says:

I just Steam-gifted Zenoclash to my older brother for his 31st birthday, so here’s hoping it’ll be ace.

13. Mungrul says:

Another web-comic-game-tie-in worth checking out is the Bionic Commando over yonder:

14. DMJ says:

Hmm. First I’ve seen of this game.

Now I’ve checked out some trailers and screenshots, and it looks like it has zany humour, fantastic artistic style, and buckets of ambition.

All it needs now is to be highly playable and its commercial failure is all but assured.

15. Pantsman says:

@DMJ
    ;_;

16. Brother None says:

He has a point, tho’. Remember any and all recent games that combined zany humour, fantastic art style, buckets of ambition and high playability in the last few years. Beyond Good & Evil? Psychonauts? That kind of quality seems to be a recipe for failure.

17. Sigmund Fraud says:

Ah!! lovely …. Love the artwork and the unique setting
    The Bionic commando comic is also awesome

18. the north face denali says:

wow..its a great fun here….which i have done today through pdf format.Your blog is very much useful and rocking dear.

19. north face denali jackets says:

you have provided detailed knowledge and information about today’s latest technologies, online communications and other businesses.