BioShock 2 Screenshot Gallery

By John Walker on April 23rd, 2009 at 6:38 pm.

BioShock 2 fever has spread across the internets today, and we’ve made our own feverish contribution. (There’s really nowhere else to go with that – “disease”, “germs”, “snotty rags of ideas” – nothing positive comes of running with the metaphor.) There’s our speculation post after watching the game running, and there’s our interview with 2K Marin developers. Below you’ll find all eighteen of the brand new screenshots of the game, including a couple with the Big Daddy HUD in place. Click on them for fullsize versions to adorn your walls.

__________________

« | »

, .

1. Stupoider says:

Looking good! However..

Still not too sure about it.

I -really- want this game to succeed, but I’ve got this feeling that it’ll turn out like Halo 2. :<

2. Jim Rossignol says:

My feeling is that it’ll do okay. I mean it’s not going to appease the Bioshock-haters, but for the masses of appreciators, or those who are relatively indifferent like me, it should be pleasant enough.

Meanwhile I’ll be longing for the next open world shooter to succeed Stalker…

3. Stupoider says:

Oooh, I agree, Jim. I’ll be welcoming that game with open arms.

4. cHeal says:

I’m incredibly underwhelmed by this, it just looks too clean, too glossy. Never played the original miond, so maybe I’m missing something.

I can’t wait for something to succeed Stalker though.

5. Tunnel says:

From the images and interview it looks like it will be very similar to the first. Oh well. I’ll play it, perhaps my low expectations will translate into a nice surprise.

I still very much want to like the game, the whole setting and story has the potential to become one of my favorite things, if the game can manage to pull me in. Still seems unlikely because the first game seemed to work for the vast majority and they don’t seem to be changing much. Why don’t these people cater to my personal tastes, dammit?

6. diebroken says:

“Meanwhile I’ll be longing for the next open world shooter to succeed Stalker…”

I knew those perfect review scores awarded to Fallout 3 were lies! All lies! It’s people, you fools! You’re eating people!

7. DMJ says:

I too get that “harvest/adopt” interface when confronting small children.

8. loci says:

“From the images and interview it looks like it will be very similar to the first. Oh well”

hence the “2″ after bioshock

9. CakeAddict says:

X – Harvest of course! I don’t want to get trough another ‘protect the little girl’, I hated that part in Bioshock 1. x)

10. SirKicksalot says:

Jim, I know something that will surpass Stalker.
    It’s Stalker: Call of Prypiat, the new add-on.

I can’t link to the specific thread, for some reason; here’s the main GSC forum – http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr&lang=en

Go to General, and then to First informations about Call of Prypiat from the first preview of “Gameplay” magazine

You’ll find scans of some articles and a lot of info (there’s a full translation at page 7). It sounds absolutely amazing!

11. kyrieee says:

I think S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was a bit of an accident. The things that were great and charming about it weren’t always intentional and I don’t think the same thing would work again.

Even though I liked Clear Sky it made me doubt them even more. It’s like they don’t know what makes their own game good

12. Persus-9 says:

Ooo big daddy can use plasmids without having to put his gun away.

I’m looking forward to this, I didn’t go wild for the original Bioshock but it left me with a nice warm fuzzy feeling inside and was definitely one of the better FPSs I’ve played. I also really like the Tenenbaum character so I’m looking forward to the fact her story is continuing in this one. I think they’re on the right track.

13. phuzz says:

I feel I should lower the tone by pointing out what a pert arse big sister has in the second picture.

sorry.

14. Jason says:

I loved the first game mostly for the narrative. Going so far as to read Atlas Shrugged which was a interesting if really long read.

15. Justin says:

SirKicksALot – that sounds promising, like they’re using all the good elements for Stalker that came out in mods like Oblivion Lost.

Oh, and oh yeah, Bioshock 2 should be enjoyable. I played through it once, it was fun. I don’t feel the same desire to return to Rapture that I do with Pripyat…

16. A:\Big.bat says:

The HUD is still disgusting.

17. Theory says:

I just know I’m going to be crooning “who’s your daddy?” every time I adopt a sister.

18. pillxthrills says:

@Theory

I think “Come to Daddy” is more appropriate in this case.

Well, maybe only if you harvest.

19. Garreett says:

I just hope there’s not a constant stream of enemies in Bioshock 2 as there was in the first.

20. dr_demento says:

Daddy Cool?

21. SlappyBag says:

Ive recently started playing Bioshock 1 and I am quite dissapointed really. It feels way too gamey and is really much more art and story then anything. Brilliant presentation but I really don’t like the exicution. Its like the art and story guys sat in the opposite building to the gameplay and coding guys. They don’t seem to hold hands properly.

22. Y3k-Bug says:

Forgetting about the game for a second, excellent coverage RPS. Quite a good show indeed, across all three articles.

23. tom says:

Can’t wait. Bioshock was awesome.
    You forgot to mention the splicers bizarre feet in the 7th screeny. Looks like they’re mutating (the splicers i mean, not just their feet). dum dum dduuuummmm!

24. Schadenfreude says:

@A:\Big.bat :

It’s spelled “Art Deco”. “ART DECO” I tell you!! =P

25. Adventurous Putty says:

As a side note, some of the banter in this article seems to have penetrated the Wordle detector. Odd, that this article seems to be one of the most popular — I guess it’s just wordy.

26. IvanHoeHo says:

For these kinds of games, it’s all about the atmosphere for me; which is why I actually liked Cryosasis quite a bit more than Bioshock, even in its monster closet-y, choppy mess.

Looking forward to Tension (or whatever crappy name they chenged it to), whenever that’s coming out.

Yay edit!: good to know that I still get to choose between lawful good and chaotic evil.

27. Pavel says:

Wow, that does not look like an expansion, at all.

No, not at all.

28. ZIGS says:

*off-topic*

@IvanHoeHo:

Tension is gonna be called “The Void” (terrible, I know >_>)

29. whaleloever says:

NO FUCKING WHALES

30. Cradok says:

That third picture: ‘Big Daddies Are All Dead’?

31. PC Monster says:

@Cradock

Oooo, bit early for a sneaky Transformers reference, isn’t it?

(http://www.ntfa.net/ntfa/comics/misc/g1-05m.jpg)

32. The Hammer says:

“Looking good! However..”

Were those two periods I saw there?! JUST TWO?!

I think I’m slightly interested in this, though far, far less than I was about the original.

33. Jacques says:

I’m only disappointed by one thing thus far, the reflection, it’s a rosie helmet, not a bouncer helmet, WHY? We went through this exercise in Bioshock one, bouncers are more awesome than riveters by 1000%, I mean come on, I know that I’m not the only one that went through that entire area scraping every last inch for a bouncer helmet.

As for the comments on the “adopt” option; the interview talks about how it will be different from the first game, in it that the little sisters will not be harmed as long as your around, they can only be held up from their duties, which is more so a distraction to you than a threat to them. So it’ll work like the original relationship in Bioshock, rather than the escort mission from the end.

Big Sister seems like an interesting character, it’d be impressive to see them flesh out a character that so elusive. Andrew Ryan was just in his office, BS is all around the place taking pot shots at you and killing splicers, violently. She doesn’t seem to be much of a harm to the little sisters though, she’s sort of a protector for them, like you, but in an extremist sort of way, with a gigantic syringe arm attachment.

It had to get its armor from some where or some one? Frauline fraking up again?

34. Ceremony says:

I think I’m the only person to ever really love Bioshock 1.

Comment on this story