SPUDOW! Plants Vs Zombies Trailer, Zombie Maker

By John Walker on April 24th, 2009 at 1:00 pm.

Kieron's family photos. Kieron's away today. You can tell because I said that they were *his* family.

Plants Vs. Zombies is due out in only two weeks now, and we’d love to tell you all about it, but mmmmphhh mmmpphhh mmmpppphh. Every time we try someone from PopCap appears behind us and stuffs a rag in our mouths. However, be sure to be here on 5th May when we’ll have the definitive review. Why definitive? Because we’re arrogant like that. Meanwhile, there’s a brand new trailer to enjoy, and an opportunity to make your very own zombie.

To create your own zombie in their very silly Zombatar, head over here and see what you can do. (Even the license agreement is packed with jokes). The new trailer is there, too, but you can watch it below right now. There’s no way I’m spoiling the closing punchline, but it’s a goodun.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Owen says:

Really looking forward to this and at £6.95 on Steam, it’s a…..wait for it……..NO-BRAINER!

:D

christ I’m sorry…

2. bansama says:

Heh, that Zombatar was fairly ammusing. I wonder if that’s included in the full game. It’d be nice if it was as a part of the whole casual game profile settings.

Can’t wait for a demo of this to finally be available. Not so interested in pre-ordering though. Need to play it first.

3. Larington says:

LOL – Zombie Bobsled Team?

4. Chris Evans says:

mmmmphhh mmmpphhh mmmpppphh indeed :D

5. Nelson says:

OMFG! The original trailer with the music video was the funniest thing I’ve seen in forever! This game is gonna rawk!

6. Rosti says:

What’s that? The Medic is a Spy?

Looking forward to this one, DOOM clouds an’ all.

7. bansama says:

Heh, I just noticed they now have a Japanese version of the song hosted. Damned funny. Even better than the English one =)

8. Nero says:

Zombie Bobsled Team, that’s some awesome stuff right there.

9. Petethegoat says:

Where is tophat? :
    Trailer is pretty awesome though.

EDIT: Just watched the music video, which for some bizarre reason reminds me of the Dennis Moore Monty Python sketch. Good times.

10. parm says:

I can’t see how this can possibly fail to be ace. Looks tower defense-ish, has zombies. Yep, I’ll have a piece of that.

11. Rei Onryou says:

The only reason I haven’t pre-ordered is that I already have Heavy Weapons Deluxe (and I’m hoping they’ll throw in a special offer soon). SPUDOW!

12. Ian says:

Assuming that’s the punchline you meant, they already did the “soil your plants” thing in the first trailer.

I hope this is half as fun as it is cute.

13. jsutcliffe says:

Even if ends up being pants (who can tell from these trailers?) I feel compelled to give them my money to reward their marketing dept.

14. Mr Pink says:

It’s not pants, already two overwhelming positive reviews from PCG and Edge. In particular, the amount of content you get for the money sounds incredible. Can’t wait for this one to unlock on Steam!

15. Flappybat says:

This is clearly going to be the greatest game ever.

16. Bhazor says:

Well the fact it got 90% from PCgamer, the proper one mind you, as well as 9/10 from Edge suggests this might be the new Peggle.

Just a heads up you can get the mp3 of the previous trailer from here

The Japanese version isn’t as good though it does have the line “Zombies, zombies, zombies? Zarrrrr!”. Which is nice.

Also, seeing who voices the Sunflower has made me feel very strange towards a grinning sunflower.

17. jsutcliffe says:

@Bhazor

Good link — I love reading about how bits of games get made, and game audio is almost never a topic for discussion (it always seems to be either people talking about their awesome graphics, or revolutionary AI, or somesuch). I am now going to feel bad every time I pelt someone with butter, for the human suffering that went into the SFX.

18. kyrieee says:

lol that was a nice twist =D

19. Bhazor says:

Just found out the music lady is doing her own RPG. I may very well be in love but my heart already belongs to Jennifer Hale and the woman who did Spooks and Little Girl in Underland.

Reply to jsutcliffe
    I agree although I’d say AI isn’t given enough press. That epic Gal Civ 2 ai test by the maker was brilliant. Certainly got me more excited than the auto-trailer maker so many big budget companies rely on.

20. Man Raised By Puffins says:

Zombie Raised By Puffin Zombies! Insufficiently pasty and lacking in surliness, but otherwise a fairly decent representation.

Pre-ordered this to sate my growing tower defence hunger on the back of Tom Francis’ rather positive PCG review.

21. pilouuuu says:

Interesting… I can’t see the video. It says something about an error and try again later, the I put the HQ version and hurray it’s beginning… but… it wasn’t the zombie creator… It is a comparison between the level of zombies and the level of plant and which wins in any case and then come… the zombie bobsled team!!! Please check out the HQ version and please tell me if there’s another link to the video of zombie creator.

22. brandon says: