Guild Wars 4th Birthday: Eric Flannum Interview

By Kieron Gillen on April 28th, 2009 at 5:40 pm.

It’s an anniversary. Four years today the original Guild Wars: Prophecy came out. Seeing this day approaching, we grabbed the chance to have a quick e-mail exchange with designer Eric Flannum about all that time and even let him include “®” symbols in his answers, as the birthday boy can do such things. We also resist trying to make Eric talk about Sacrifice, the other splendid game he was involved with, because this is Guild War’s special day and it’s hardly the time or the place. Questions and answers are found below in an instanced area below.

RPS: Four Years. Let’s start with a fluffy one: how do you feel?

Eric Flannum: Everything feels great. The first Guild Wars® game is still going strong and Guild Wars 2™ is shaping up nicely.

RPS: Guild Wars is, to say the least, a novel game. What are you most proud of about it? What’s been the high-point since?

Eric Flannum: I’m most proud of how well we’ve been able to build the world of Tyria and make it a place that a lot of fans have really gotten into. I think a high point came at a fan appreciation event we had awhile back, where we brought some of our most dedicated fans out to ArenaNet® to give them a tour of the place and hang out with them a little. I was talking to one of the fans and she told me (a bit apologetically) that she was starting to find Guild Wars a little boring after putting over 1,000 hours into it. I was fairly amazed by that, since we built Guild Wars to be a game that people didn’t have to play like a second job, and yet clearly a lot of them still loved the game and the world enough that they wanted to invest a lot of time into it.

RPS: You have time travel and a one-paragraph message to send to your past selves as they were conceiving the game. What would you tell them?

Eric Flannum: That’d be a long paragraph! I think the short version would go something like this:

Hey, guys. This is Eric, messaging from the future. I don’t have much time but I wanted to tell you about one important improvement we’ve made recently to the game. We separated all of the skills into PvP and PvE versions. Please do this now. It will keep you from having to nerf a bunch of skills in PvE for the sake of balance in PvP. It will also let you buff skills that are weak in PvE without worrying about PvP impact. Oh, also…buff Otyugh’s Cry!

RPS: There was a clear development across the various versions of Guild Wars as the team got increasingly familiar with their engine and what they could do with it. Could you talk about that growing experience? How did you plan the development of the game?

Eric Flannum: One of the most gratifying things about the way we developed the campaigns was getting to see our team work with the existing engine and get better and better at working with it. In particular, our artists were able to do some amazing things as the series progressed. Because we were developing each campaign as a stand-alone experience, it also forced us to gain a lot of experience developing and working together as a team in a short period of time. When you think about it, we developed two stand-alone games and an expansion in about three years—an amazing accomplishment, given how big those games are. I think that this is going to pay off as we move forward as a company. We’ve got a ton of really experienced and talented people here.

RPS: And while we’re talking about that, which is your favorite of the Guild Wars campaigns?

Eric Flannum: My particular favorite is definitely Guild Wars: Nightfall®. In addition to having what I thought was our best story and best overall gameplay, I loved the African theme of that game. I thought our art and design teams did a great job capturing a look and feel that you don’t often see in other fantasy games. One of my favorite games of all time is Quest for Glory 3, which shared the African theme, and it was fun to work on something similar.

RPS: Guild Wars occupies a position in the market of Online Games that’s always tricky to make out. While everyone argues over the rise and fall of subscriber games, you seem to stand to one side—do you feel this is true? Do you think you’re more overlooked than you would be if you were more traditional?

Eric Flannum: It’s hard to think that we’ve been overlooked when we’ve broken 5 million copies sold and are rapidly approaching 6 million. It’s tricky to play the “what if” game and imagine that we’d have been more or less successful, or more or less popular had we gone a more traditional route. It’s possible that we could have done better, but it’s hard to argue with the strategy that has allowed us to succeed to the degree that we have today.

RPS: Here’s one—it seemed to me that at least part of the thinking behind Guild Wars was based on the idea that there’s a hard limit on the number of people who’d be willing to subscribe to an online RPG. You could reach a larger audience by offering a game without one. And, looking at the world when Guild Wars was conceived, that would seem to be a fair assumption. And then along came World of Warcraft and everything changed. How much did that surprise you? Any thoughts on it now?

Eric Flannum: I don’t think we believed that there was a hard limit to the number of people who would subscribe to an online RPG, but rather that there would be more people willing to play a game that they didn’t have to subscribe to. I think that we still hold that belief, and take WoW’s success as an indication that the audience for online RPGs is even larger than we thought.

RPS: And are you surprised no one else has followed your model? We’ve separated into the subscription and micropayment model, with few attempts to combine them. Guild Wars was a success, y’know? It’s not as if the industry doesn’t copy successes.

Eric Flannum: A lot of the success of the Guild Wars business model is due to our fantastic engineering team. They allow us to operate Guild Wars profitably and not charge a sub. That being said, it is a bit surprising that nobody else has at least tried to replicate what we’ve done.

RPS: While the game started there was a separation between PvP and PvE experience. As the years went on, you facilitated that to even greater degrees. Looking forward, from what you’ve said so far, Guild Wars 2 seems to take that even further. Were you at all surprised that the division between the two experiences were so pronounced?

Eric Flannum: We weren’t entirely surprised that the division existed, but I think we didn’t fully understand how wide the division was, or all of the subtleties of what different players really wanted. For Guild Wars 2, I think we have a much better understanding of the issues we face with both the PvP and PvE communities.

RPS: Thanks for your time.

, , , .

1. Sam says:

Good thought on the “other people not copying” question, RPS. I hadn’t thought about that. Perhaps the reason why people don’t copy it is that it’s difficult to run an MMO continually without regular income.

2. Nick says:

I think it’s mainly simple greed as to why they didn’t follow. They see the big bucks of WoW and fail to realise that their game won’t be that big.

3. Severian says:

Guild Wars is the only MMO that I have actually purchased and played (albeit to a relatively limited extent), and this was explicitly because it eschewed subscription fees. A subscription fee would make me feel like I need to play X/hours per week in order to get my money’s worth, and I desperately want to avoid that situation. I doubt I will ever play a subscription-based MMO, even if it offers a sublime and unique alternative to WOW-style grinding. But clearly, my (this) opinion matters little in the grand scheme of MMO marketing strategy.

4. Xercies says:

This is a really good online game, I won’t say MMO because it so isn’t. But as a kind of first MMO and then getting into some of the more traditional MMOs its a pretty good stepping stone, and the great thing about it is, if you don’t like the look of the other stones you don’t have to step off…maybe.

The one thing i like about Guild Wars is that it actually has a complete story around it, you go from beginning to middle to end. The problem with this is, there isn’t many things to do much at the end except PvP I guess that’s alright for some people but as I sucked at PvP I didn’t really feel like going down that route. I only think that if you are actually going to do story in MMO people should really look at what Guild Wars did, since I think its one of the best ways to put a story in.

5. Jazmeister says:

I deeply loved Guild Wars, then moved house and changed email addresses. Now I can’t remember my login crap, and I have my box here and everything :(
    I liked expecially the great way of seperating teh nubs from the main gameworld. I totally wanted to storm other people’s guild halls, though.
    Well, all that’s coming some day, has to be.

6. Serondal says:

Storming other peoples guild halls is already in O.o

first of al guild wars is an mmorpg it’s a massively multiplayer online roleplay game. Just because some of the levels are instanced does not mean it is not an mmorpg. WoW has instanced levels, just not quite so many ;)

The thing about Guild wars is that it allows you to PvP in a fair setting where everyone can be equal to a certain degree and even if you’re not good at PvP in other MMORPGs you can be in this. The team based matches are awsome but the guild vs guild matches are the best. The first time my friend and I worked up enough money to get our own guild hall I was amazed that we could just walk about in it ect and change it around as we wanted to ^_^

I no longer play Guild wars but that has more to do with me getting bored of mmorpgs in general, nothing bad about guild wars itself. Also I didn’t want to get the expansion packs lol.

One thing I really valued about the game is that it allowed you to solo if you wanted to solo, group if you wanted to group, pvp if you wanted to pvp EVEN if you never played the game at all you could make a max level character and PVP the first day right off the bat. Very interesting concept.

7. Dominic White says:

N’thing what others have said: Guild Wars is not an MMO.

It’s much better than that. It’s a proper singleplayer RPG (plot and voiced cutscenes and all) that can also be played cooperatively with up to 7 friends (With AI characters taking up any slack), and there’s a fairly well balanced team arena side-game if you want that, too. It’s not designed for long-term grind. A full campaign, taking your character from Level 1 to 20 and across a complete story will take a week or two if you’re relatively quick.

It’s a game you play because it’s fun, not because you need to grind 300 more enemies to level. In fact, in the Factions campaign, you’re max level shortly after leaving the tutorial island.

The Complete Collection can be snagged in stores or off Amazon for £25 (don’t get it off Steam – that version lacks the final expansion), and that includes four full campaigns and a bunch of bonus content.

It can get a bit stale if you’re running solo, but if you can recruit a couple of mates, it’s brilliant stuff, especially since they added the Hero system, which lets you recruit and customize proper NPC party members to fill in the blanks, rather than relying on vaguely defined ‘henchmen’.

8. Balthazar says:

I liked Guild Wars for the PvP (team arena/random arena). Those matches played out like Counter-Strike/TF 2 most of the time. I wasn’t so much into the Guild vs Guild battles since they felt like wars of attrition.

I’m hoping Demigod online will fill this void but I’m still waiting for them to hammer out all the problems they’ve had.

9. KindredPhantom says:

There is currently a big celebration event going on for the fourth birthday of Guild Wars with two of the community mangers as guest dj’s on a Guild Wars radio station, Martin Kerstein and Regina Buenaobra. The link to the radio station is in my name if you want to tune in. To ask questions join the irc, irc.sanitarium.fm #guildwars

10. Nick says:

Dominic is spot on in his description of the game (though I’d say it is still an MMO.. just not in the traditional MMORPG style). I really enjoyed my time with Guild Wars.. they added grindy stuff to it but its almost entirely optional with no real benefit other than a title track.

To call it a stepping stone into more “traditional” (though you might as well say “proper” in the way that was phrased) is to do it a great disservice, I feel.

11. Markoff Chaney says:

My road back to Guild Wars is an odd one. I helped beta the game a bit, but I was so enamored with WoW at the time that I wrote it off as an instanced wanna-be with no real MMO to it.

Coming back to it, 4 years later, having just bought the trilogy and the expansion and having spent over 30 hours playing it this last weekend, I have to say that calling it an MMO was a disservice. It’s more of a CORPG (Let that first C be Cooperative or Competitive, your choice, and having the choice makes all the difference) and, as a CORPG it absolutely shines.

With the Heroes introduced in Nightfall, I can play this game completely by myself and my little customized AI buddies. I can walk away for an hour and not get yelled at. I can have my friends log in and I can drop a couple heroes and the 2 of us can do 4 man content perfectly, and together, without looking for 2 other PUGgers to try to suffer with.

No subscription. 8 skills at a time, with hundreds to choose from. Free respecs or skill change outs in any town/hub. Low level cap with INSANE amounts of content to be done at level cap. Ability to play solo with AI or with friends. Enjoyable story and fun quests and missions. Years of polish and balance for both PVE and PVP…

This game truly has it all, especially for an adventure loving RPG nut who enjoys reading stories and likes being able to actually accomplish things by yourself if desired like me. My one regret is not seeing it for what it really was sooner. I’d have been playing this game for the last 4 years. I just hope the servers stick around for a few years more. I’ve only just begun, and I hope to rope a few of my companions I’ve met over the years into adventuring with me. I can’t say enough good about this title, really.

12. Serondal says:

I’m not going to argue if this is an mmo or not, it’s like trying ot argue wtih someone that the sky is blue . I think we can all agree tis a great game and deserves its high sales numbers.

13. Markoff Chaney says:

Heh. A lot of that discourse popped up as I was typing, and I had been thinking of the best way to sell this to my Runes of Magic addicted wife all weekend. Guild Wars fits the definition of a MMO, but, for many, instances have negative connotations, regardless of the benefits they can actually provide. I know it did to me when I first played the game. To me, with my fresh hyperbolic perspective, it’s more than the sum of its parts and it is a special game that deserves higher sales numbers.

-EDIT- Oooh. You can chain edits now…

14. ...hmm... says:

plus theyve done some really intelligent things with the expansions, each adding interesting new worlds to explore and new features and stuff – eye of the north especially is drop dead gorgeous

15. Torgen says:

Speaking of NCsoft products, this week is the 5th Anniversary of City of Heroes, and all past accounts in good standing are activated all week. Crazy stuff going on, but many players are still quite enamored of the Mission Architect player-made content that just went live. (I’m working on designing some custom enemy factions for some missions myself.)

/hijack

16. Dominic White says:

I don’t really see how Guild Wars fits any definition of an MMO. Outside of towns (which are effectively glorified lobbies/chatrooms – nothing but emoting and clicking ‘next mission’ happens there), the entire game is singleplayer, or small-scale co-op. Beyond these few small oases (oasises?) of human interaction, it’s barely multiplayer at all.

Diablo isn’t an MMO because you have a matchmaking lobby before entering the game. Why should Guild Wars be?

I’m not writing off MMOs (there are some quite great ones), but this isn’t Massively Multiplayer. In a lot of instances, it’s not even Multiplayer. It’s online, but that’s about it.

17. Vinraith says:

I adore GW, and I appreciate the significant updates they’re still putting out (such as the big one coinciding with this anniversary). I do wish, though, that they’d add some new content. A chapter, a mini-chapter, SOMETHING new to play. I’ve pretty much worn out the pre-existing content, and even clever ways of incentivizing me to go back through it can’t make it feel fresh at this point.

18. Rich_P says:

Damn right! Guild Wars in the most fun I’ve had with an online RPG (I’m not getting involved in a terminology debate) since Ultima Online. Unlike so many other MMOs, Guild Wars is user-friendly in the best way possible. Log-in, find a PUG (or some NPCs), and kick some ass.

ArenaNet also deserves credit for being the only studio that’s really pulled off the episodic gaming model. The GW standalones brought something new to the game and were released at reasonable time intervals.

19. Serondal says:

(Edited away my previous comment since I did say I wouldn’t argue about it)

@rich Agreed, havn’t had so much/any fun PVP wise in an online rpg center since Ultima Online and maybe Nexus :P anyone remember that game? Er mabe it wasn’t called Nexus. It was a RPG game kind of like Diablo mixed with ultima where you could go online and do death matches.

20. Cananito says:

Keep it up Guild Wars team, I’ve been enjoying the game since the first day it came out, thanks for this great 4 years!

And nice interview.

21. Markoff Chaney says:

I didn’t say I would stay away from it. To some extents, I would even go so far as to argue a MUD can fulfill the definition of the words that comprise the acronym MMORPG.

Speaking of staying away, it’s time to run a couple quests before my wife gets home.

On a final note where I wonder even now why I’m typing it instead of journeying forward in game I just want to reiterate that this is, through and through, a single player game as far as that aspect of it if you want. If you want to bring along your real life friends, you can, and the low level cap makes the sharing of experiences even easier than possible in some of the grindier forms of RPGs. However, you can play this like any traditional CRPG and, so far, I have more than gotten my money’s worth just by testing the 3 campaigns.

Playing with anyone else is an absolute bonus. Free Online connectivity and it is a persistent world that you can shift servers without losing community and the hosting is provided as well? Yes, please. Again, thank you. Take your time polishing future endeavors. It is always best to get it right and so much about Guild Wars is right. Thank You.

22. Serondal says:

I would say Muds could fufill the definition of MMORPG better than Guild wars all except for the massive part, though some have a lot of players still.

23. Kate E says:

Nice interview! It’s good to see Eric’s retrospective on Guild Wars. I became involved in the closed alpha the November before release, when my guild, The Amazon Basin, joined as part of their guild testing program. We stayed until the close of the testing period and are still very active in the game, running both PvE missions and organized PvP for both newbies as well as more mid-level players.

We’ve been consistently impressed with the kind of open communication that the AN development team has had with the player base. We’re truly amazed that the game still has regular updates, even though there is no planned expansion to the current Guild Wars franchise. This is certainly more than what we’d expect from a no-sub game model.

It’s been a great 4+ years, and we’re very much looking forward to the release of Guild Wars 2!

24. KBKarma says:

I’ve not played Guild Wars in… Oh, a few months. Exams and assignments rolling round.

… And Aquaria, World of Goo, Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress 2, and Torment (I’ve patched and modded it, and am trying to play it a third time!) to play instead.

What I played of it (up to level 13, as I recall, in Prophecies, and level 6 in Nightfall), I enjoyed. The bots are relatively intelligent, players are nice and helpful (except for those who get upset when people don’t read the manual or haven’t explored enough, or who spam the general chat rather than the trade chat), the enemies are entertaining to kick the everloving crap out of, and the way characters work is wonderful.

The graphics are really good, the soundtrack is stellar (thank you, Jeremy Soule!), and the voice acting is surprisingly good.

Overall, a game I’ll definitely play in three weeks once I’ve finished my exams.

… And Aquaria (I’m close, though!).

EDIT: The article was wonderful. Glad to hear that everything’s going well with ArenaNet.

EDIT EDIT: Hah! Editting has returned!

25. mejobloggs says:

I played guildwars for about 10 minutes, but it was so darn bright and shiny with all the bloom that I needed sunglasses to play

Yes I could have turned it off, but then it looked so dull.

26. Kieron Gillen says:

My personal theory is that the main reason that people argue so fiercely that Guild Wars isn’t an MMO is that it’ll somehow devalue the 10 dollars a month they spend on “real” MMOs.

KG

27. Dominic White says:

I just think it’s just the fact that I can play for ten hours and never see another human player. That’s not even Multiplayer, let alone Massively.

And devalue my arse – I’ve put more time into Guild Wars than any MMO.

28. Serondal says:

You can play any mmorpg without seeing a player for 10 hours. In fact that is more likely to happen in say Eve Online then Guild wars. I dunno any mission that takes 10 hours to do before you have to go back to a town. Also the towns are not just “lobbies” they have vendors, trading, arenas, mission givers just like any other mmorpg town, unlike Diablo 2′s lobbies which had nothing of the sort.

29. Adam says:

The problem is “actual” MMOs have way way way more content than this game, and no one would want to pay subscription fees for it because you can see all the content the game has to offer in about a week of play. I agree with some person above that it’s a coop RPG more than anything.

30. Adam says:

edit: Bloody hell a double post how annoying.
    The argument is pointless becauseMMOs and this game are good for different reasons.

31. Andrew says:

It’s not just the no-subscription model thats a great idea that other mmos should copy. It does a lot of other clever things.

Such as there are NO seperate servers. Everyone can play together with a few clicks to change districts. No more being unable to play with a friends on different servers. Need more of that in mmos.

I liked the guild halls idea too. having a space in the game that was entirely your own. i spent countless hours hanging out just chatting there.

Anyway sad as it is, guild wars is dying from a lack of new content. Players are most definitely moving on to greener pastures. There’s been a few updates and cool stuff added lately but very little you can actually PLAY. Guild Wars 2 cant come soon enough if it still wants to capture the old fanbase.

32. Eric says:

My wife and I like to play co-operative action-RPGs together on both consoles and PCs. Guild Wars is great because we can sit side-by-side at our PCs and explore a large online world together *without* having to form a party with whatever juvenile butt-monkey happens to be online looking for group.

Why would we want to play other games that 1) insist we form larger groups in order to complete quests, 2) insist we wait our turn to complete a quest or 3) insist we spend all our free time in their world in order to advance.

Instead, when a new co-op play game comes along we can happily play that and then resume Guild Wars afterwards without worrying about subscriptions.

Oh, and I’d like to give a shout out to Kekai Kotaki who is one of their concept artists. Great work that makes Tyria feel unique.

33. Rei Onryou says:

I don’t know where to begin with Guild Wars. I started at the first open beta, got to alpha, helped at a fan site, ran several large in-game events, was part of an amazing guild, became Guild of the Week (eventually). I’ve never been so devoted to a game.

It’s been 6+ months since I last played properly. I got burn out. I love the game, the world, the story, the music, the art, my guildmates and everything else. I just have no desire to go back, even though I really miss it. I know I will go back at some point, perhaps even soon.

Even though it is instanced, I’d still say its MM as well as CORPG. I may be in an instance with bots, all alone, but my Guild/Alliance chat channels say otherwise. Yes, it’s basically a chat room and I may not be playing with them, but that doesn’t matter. They’re still there with you.

34. The Hammer says:

I remember getting Guild Wars and really enjoying it. I never got to the top levels of the game, and so never saw the end-game PVE (of which I assume there was little, back in the pre-expansion games), nor the end-game PVP. It was a pretty game, though it lacked a lot of personality, especially when the iconic Charr disappeared as the baddies. As a continuous story, it was nice, but I didn’t like the deviation. I ended up getting to the beach regions, and thinking “what’s the point?”

As far as it being an MMO is concerned, I’m not so sure. I’m certainly not being condescending towards it, by not calling it an MMO, but it certainly doesn’t fit the traditional label. I’ve always seen it as something of a Diablo with a real-time, 3D lobby, where you can get on with character-stuff outside of combat. Also, if I remember, the game had no /s channel. It was all the zone seeing your messages, or no one? I forget. Regardless, when you get out into the fields, it’s all your own instanced thing. Whilst this was hailed as a grand feature by the development team, speaking of convenience, I worked out that it wasn’t too my tastes, and made the experience quite lonely.

I went back to it about a year ago, and found I just couldn’t play it much at all. it lacked, for me, the worth I get from WOW. Still, it’s great to see it get so many users.

35. Dominic White says:

Hammer: Err. The game STARTS at max level, pretty much. The Factions campaign has you around that level by the end of the tutorial, so the entire campaign is Lv20+. The vast, vast majority of the game is ‘endgame’.

Consider the road to level 20 to be an extended tutorial. From there. the game starts getting tough. And the (fairly recently added) Hard Mode switches everything into overdrive.

36. Riotpoll says:

I really liked Guild Wars, haven’t played it really for about 6 months. Have put over 3000 hours into it though since it released!

Hopefully they’ll balance PvP a bit better for GW2 though, as there were quite a few updates that royally screwed up balance.

37. Nick says:

The only chapter of Guild Wars that doesn’t fast road you to max level is the original Prophecies which sounds like what The Hammer is referring to (the hammer is my penis). You got to max level ther generally around 4 or 5 missions from the “end” although there was always the underworld, the titan quests and that huge dungeon they added for free a bit after release.

Kieron, I think your theory is a good one, especially in the face of the ludicrous reasonings for it not being an MMO. Not that it really matters in the grand scheme of things of course.

38. Krondonian says:

I like the look of Guild Wars, but I don’t really want to be buying the entire set off the hat in case I don’t get into it. Any recommendations on where to start if I was to just choose one?

39. Markoff Chaney says:

I’d probably recommend Nightfall to start with, if you got only one, as it has the bells and whistles and strikes a balance between the slower, yet fulfilling so far, Prophecies and the fast track that Factions had. You also would get to play with Heroes in Nightfall (customizable Henchmen that you can equip and spec out as you wish) and you don’t have that option, as far as I know, in the first 2.

Alternatively, if you don’t mind the first campaign that’s a little slower, but a great introduction nonetheless, go download the free trial being offered by NCSoft. It gives you 10 hours to play (and it’s generous what it counts as time played) and you can decide from there how it feels. It starts you off in a zone without henchmen, but after a few levels, the rest of the “real” game opens up.

40. Nick says:

The only problem with starting with Nightfall is that it is much better than the others.. if you see what I mean. If you do end up liking it you’ll have less fun in Factions and considerably less fun in Prophecies – in fact I wouldn’t even bother with Prophecies unless you start a level 1 char in it to experience the whole story. On the flipside without Nightfall you need the expansion Eye of the North to get Heroes which are superior to hencemen.. or go hand in hand with them if you are going it alone.

41. Krondonian says:

Thanks folks. I’ll definitely be checking out the free trial, and with the amount of games I have waiting to be finished I can’t imagine I’d have the time for more than one of the games, so Nightfall sounds dandy.

Cheers again.

42. Dominic White says:

Krondonian: As mentioned, the ‘entire set’ is £25 (which is still cheap) now. Just shop around for the Complete Collection box. You’ll end up paying MUCH more if you break it up into seperate purchases, as they try to sell them individually for £15-20.

43. Yuni Yaniloo says:

I can’t get z keys, where are they? How can i get one? Ooo i got one. Great nothing. What a waste of time.

44. SardethWynn says:

My official response as to why I am going on the war path against Martin and Regina, their actions in game and their temporary employment with Santiarum.fm as Djs.
    Their actions damaged my industry, its bad enough that it would be cheeper to run a terrestrial radio station and these are the fees we as online radio stations must pay to play content, if a Gm, Community Director or say a Dev becomes listed as a on air personality, automatically in game players will tune in just for novelty or with the chance of scoring points with the game company. The actions taken by Martin and Regina IE: Muting other radio station Djs in game then lying and saying they didnt, being listed as on air personalities for the benefit of Sanitarium.fm and then decided to grace other radio stations with on air appearances after the already damaged everyone else ratings for the day.
    No this is unacceptable even though I still consider David of Bladeradio.com a friend I will honor his request to stop posting on GWs offical Wiki, but I will be pursuing this with other avenues available to me.
    I do not know what kind of bargain was made between that radio station and Matin and Regina. Regina said “Their were listed as Djs to access the forums” this is obviously mushroom feed in the hopes that it will calm everyone down. Anyone that runs a website knows this is a lie, register to read the forum and get forum admin. Martin comes from Europe and so does that station so, come to your own conclusions.
    Oddly though because of who they are, no one will stand up and call their actions and the lies they have used to justify their actions what they are lies and smoke screens. This just shows their ethics and business professionalism is sadly lacking. These actions are an Oprah Whinfrey grandstanding and a slap to the face of every fan site or internet radio station out there. If Anet allows this to go un-punished this will also show their total lack of professionalism indifference to fan sites and their ethical behavior.
    I will pursue this to the best of my ability. Understand outside of their lack of professional behavior and poor judgement and perhaps a side deal or two with that radio station, I have nothing against them. I do not even know them as individuals, (however; their abuse of their in game status as admin and company position kind of shows me their character), and it is only their timing that has me looking for Anet to punish them instead of say a different MMO. I would be going after any game Admin if they abused their position and in game status this way.
    The message they sent was, it doesnt matter how long this other station or fansite has been in this game we will back this one and the rest of you can fall to the dirt. No, this is very unacceptable and unethical in any part of the world.

45. Confused says:

Umm, number one, what the heck are you talking about Sardeth Wynn, and why are you doing it at three in the morning? And are you complaining about one fansite getting a few GMs to come to one of their events? What should they do, split themselves up into billions and come to every single one?

46. TJ says:

@Sardeth

in the words of gwguru.com; QQ moar.

47. vehki0 bqm7h says:

Sw60x, klz7m , [url=http://www.grxpy45tqp.com]edacd[/url], http://www.fa8smxh6uqe.com tjpow