Punch! Biff! Zeno Clash SDK Released

By John Walker on July 29th, 2009 at 5:05 pm.

ACE Team have promised they’ll be releasing the SDK for Zeno Clash since release, and because they’re honest folk, now they have. The Source-based first-person thwacker is one of our favourite games of the year, and you’d have to be Earth’s Wrongest Idiot not to find the game’s world fascinating and beautiful. Now using the magic cogs and accompanying text files, you can create your own levels and mods for the game. That link will guide you toward the SDK itself, as well as all the accompanying documentation. If you make something excellent, make sure to let us know.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Clovus says:

My browser title right now is:

Rock, Paper, Shotgun: Bumblebird vs Man-Man >> Punch! Biff! Zeno Clash…

awesome.

2. Heliocentric says:

Actually, that really does fit.

3. Serondal says:

I snagged this game when it was on ultra-sale from Steam. It was one of the most disturbing games I’ve ever played but also one of the most interesting. I can’t wait for a sequel and I certainly hope it involves more exploding squirrels.

4. Alex says:

I’d have no problem with the squirrels being in the sequel, as long as the crabs don’t show up at the same time.

5. MrBejeebus says:

fucking crabs…

great game

6. Clovus says:

In Soviet Zeno Clash, crabs are bats.

7. Dethgar says:

I really didnt enjoy this game, source is just not a good engine for melee. I also didn’t like the aesthetics and story but I’m sure other people did, and thats fine, I know they put a lot of work into it and it deserves to be enjoyed by those that can.

8. Serondal says:

What IS a good FPS engine for melee?

When I got this game I had to let my wife play it first. She got VERY far, all the way to the part with the crystal people before she quit. I still remember looking up from the book on Go I was reading when she said “He’s throwing squirrels with parachutes and TNT strapped to their back at me WHAT DO I DO?!?!” Of course I’d never played it before so she had to figure it out for herself :P We both loved the game (really liked the part with the crazy people in the forest)

9. Matzerath says:

These guys are really throwing down the gauntlet for ‘Best Cool Small Developer’. Gotta love ‘em.

10. Thiefsie says:

Zeno clash crashes every time I reload those fish guns things in like the second arena. I’ve reinstalled it twice (STEAM) with no luck. So I can’t be bothered playing it any more… pity… I was keen to.

11. Hybrid says:

Imagine having the Portal gun throughout the game……. but any new levels would be great.

12. Devan says:

Thanks, Clovus, for making me spend my entire evening on tvtropes. Again.

Aside from that, I’m really stoked for the SDK release. Can’t wait to see what comes out of it from the community.

13. chi hair straightener says:

On earth there is nothing great but man; in the man there is nothing great but mind.