Global Agenda Beta Stuff, Code Draw

By Jim Rossignol on August 18th, 2009 at 3:03 pm.

John was rather intrigued by Hi-Rez Studios’ shooter MMO Global Agenda when he saw it at E3. It has intrigued the rest of us too, but we haven’t yet had a chance to play it. You might get a chance though, as the very first round of beta testing is now in motion. On a handful of people will be allowed in for the first look this weekend, and we have a special code that will enter you for that first round draw. Clickwards for more.

UPDATE: This has finished! Winners drawn and below. Expect information today/tomorrow.

‘Baylith’,
‘mikef’,
‘VanishingPoint’,
‘Jemre’,
‘SquidLord’,
‘lafinass’

Sign up for the beta here. And use this code in “referral”: CBT1B-RPS

If you have already signed up you can amend your sign up with that code for a chance to be included. Just fifteen RPS people will be picked for the first test, which will run from Friday, August 21st through Sunday, August 23. More beta events will follow, and presumably an open beta before launch (asking about that now).

Here’s a glimpse of what you’re getting yourself in for:

, .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Smurfy says:

I won a beta key in a comp months ago, and it’s awesome because the code is like “GLBL-AGNDA” or something, instead of some random guy’s user name.

2. Sajmn says:

I think I totally had this confused with Section 8 until now.

3. Lilliput King says:

They don’t really look like spies…

4. Cutman says:

I can’t wait to get accepted into this closed beta and play with RPS people!

Juuust kidding. I’ve never gotten into a closed beta before in my entire life. Why do the devs hate me so =(.

5. Darkelp says:

Looks like a good laugh, I’ve just cancelled my WOW sub, so I’m now looking for a new MMO to destroy my time with.
    Or just to pass the time before KOTOR MMO comes out.

6. Darkelp says:

Looks like it could be a lot of fun, I’ll sign up straight away.
    I’ve just cancelled my WOW sub and I am now looking for a new MMO.
    Or just passing the time till KOTOR MMO comes out.

7. Darkelp says:

Looks like a good laugh, sign me up!
    I’ve just cancelled my WOW sub, so I’m looking for something new.
    Or just something to pass the time till KOTOR MMO comes out.

8. vasagi says:

with this and the APB beta sign up going live i could potentialy be quite busy

9. Xercies says:

Signed up but will be surprised if i get in

10. Darkelp says:

Damn, triple post lameness.

Thanks Vasagi for the link, I didn’t realise they were signing up for APB beta yet.

11. vasagi says:

was up/available yesterday afaik

DarkNoghri says:

APB’s Beta signup has been up for almost a week now. At least, the article on RPS was then.

Consider your referral code entered.

13. MrBejeebus says:

Put the code in, hopefully im lucky

14. ascagnel says:

Between this, the new EVE MMO shooter, The Agency, Huxley (hah! remember that?), and APB, its a glut of MMO shooty goodness.
    But remember how well Planetside worked out? Yeah…

15. noordewan says:

Looks like it could be a lot of fun, I’ll sign up straight away.
    thanks

16. noordewan says:

You can use these tags –

17. Tei says:

@ascagnel: Add “Wolf Team” to that list. Is a “Item Shop” MMOFPS with worse graphics than counter-strike, but is very honest good fun FPS-ing, with a twich… you can play as a “monster” (more like.. for meleing you will mutate to monster form, and in monster form you can travel faster wall-walking).

18. abhishek says:

I just signed up for the APB beta and I have to say, the questionnaires these days are becoming more and more ridiculous. I realize they are not mandatory questions but I do wonder why the heck they would want to know my ethnicity, and how can that information be of any conceivable use to them in furthering their game’s development.

19. Guhndahb says:

@abhishek: It was all the more distressing if you read the so-called privacy policy for the APB beta sign-up.

20. Guhndahb says:

(I’d edit if I could, I should have been more specific in my previous post.) Before anyone panics, it’s nothing atypical. It’s just that they ask for some rather personal information in that sign-up sheet, a few bits of which are required, and the privacy policy is more lax than I’d like. But, again, I don’t believe it’s anything out of the ordinary.

21. Clovus says:

Oh, cool, my wife is actually busy that weekend. If I could manage to get into the beta I could spend hours and hours with it… I REALLY want to play a good MMOFPS.

Of course, if I don’t get it in I’ll probably still have fun shooting people since I ordered GTAIV. Or I will at least have fun trying to get it to work.

22. k4el says:

sweet, account updated. <3 RPS

23. Dominic White says:

Applied. The footage I’ve seen of co-op mode in this looks a LOT like Resistance 2’s co-op mode. A squad of persistently-levelling soldiers Vs huge hordes of AI troopers.

Easily the best part of R2, and it’s good to see that at least somebody wants to copy it… although with APB going the subscription-free route, I wonder if Global Agenda will too?

24. utharda says:

I admit, I wanted to sign up it did look interesting. I just didn’t realize the sign up form was alpha. Tried 2 different gmail accounts, both are”invalid.” Interesting validator.

=)

25. thaspius says:

My gmail account worked just fine. I’ve been trying to get into the Beta for this for a while.

/crosses fingers

26. Blather Blob says:

@Sajmn: That’s ok, I had it confused with Section 8 and Alpha Protocol.

@utharda: Were you trying to do a foo+bar@gmail.com address? Because virtually every “validator” out there gets confused by the +. Maybe deliberately, or maybe they’re just too obscure.

27. chequers says:

Should have been subscriber only! I signed up last night after all! ;)

28. Joseph says:

Rofl Darkelp… bl haha.

29. simon says:

RPS: I have this issue with pretty much every video I watch on your site – I only see the top left hand quarter of the video, scaled to fill the space that the whole video should occupy. This is with both Firefox and IE, but not with every video. Are your web devs on crack?

DarkNoghri says:

@Simon

I’ve only ever seen that with Gametrailers embeds. It’s fixable by clicking the expand to fullscreen button twice to get it back down to normal, at least for me. But it’s also not RPS’s problem, as far as I know.

31. Ansob. says:

So like, I assume I got in because of the referral? That, or my updating my profile reminded them they needed people with QA/QC qualifications; in any case, I’ve just gotten an email telling me I’m in.

32. bigblackjesus says:

Yeah was wondering when the winners for this would be notified.

33. Jim Rossignol says:

Updated with RPS’ fifteen. Good luck, people.

34. Baylith says:

Ooh! That first one there is me. Jim, I could swear I saw someone with your name in there. Could it be?