Hitlers Must Die! Eventually.

By Alec Meer on August 18th, 2009 at 5:24 pm.

It is highly unlikely we’ll ever get bored of posting new footage of Cryptic Sea‘s upcoming Hitlers Must Die, part of their No Quarter indie-retro-sadism-mashup compilation. For one, it means we get to say “Hitlers Must Die!” again and again. For two, it looks like this…

Alex Austin and Edmumnd McMillen have very possibly bopped zeitgeist square on the nose with this one. The trouble is, I guess, that it might well overwhelm the rest of No Quarter. So, let’s take a look at some of the other stuff in it.

Here’s the sombre space-phsysics of Odyssey, which could well be what Jim Gruffignol will be playing while the rest of us gun down hundreds of mutant Fuhrers.

Odyssey is the last ‘track’ on the No Quarter compilation, with Hitlers Must Die! the likely first. In between that is this little lot:

Trivium: An action puzzle game with smashing instead of stacking.
Epic Flail: The Earth is under attack from aliens, and only one person can stop them. Well, maybe two but you’re the only one available.
Hext: It’s a word game, ironically hard to sell with words. You will play it and you will like it!
Seedling: Design and grow your own tree.

Can’t wait for this. McMillen and Austin regularly turn out great things for free – so a return to a (semi)commercial project for the first time since the award-snaffling Gish should turn out marvellously. Oh, for a release date.

, , , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Schaulustiger says:

This reminds me again to play Gish, it still lingers unplayed on my Steam account.

Hitlers Must Die! looks marvellous, btw. If the game is packed with as much variety as this trailer suggests, it will be great fun indeed.

2. OctaneHugo says:

Dunno if I want to pay for this. Seems like it might be fun for a day or two but doesn’t seem worth much.

3. AndrewC says:

Huge applause for the video/music combination in Hitlers Must Die.

4. LewieP says:

I shall play these.

5. l1ddl3monkey says:

Ah, a bit of the old Ludwig Van.

When must the Hitler’s die? When?

6. Ben says:

The music on odyssey was wonderful! Really atmospheric. On the other hand cant say the game appeals in any way what so ever.

7. dartt says:

They all sound interesting and Odyssey and HMD look fantastic.

I love the new little gameplay elements that have appeared since the last HMD trailer, exploding barrels (where do they get their ideas!) and slidey-undery bits! I can’t wait to kill some basterds in glorious style!

8. AndrewC says:

success

9. triple_a says:

Even more wonderful is the fact that it seems they are working on Pontifex III!

The No Quarter collection still seems interesting, especially odyssey seems to have a really nice mood to it.

10. Wisq says:

I don’t know that I would pay for any of these individually — at least “pay” in the sense of “place a credit card order online”, which implies a certain minimum value to be profitable for them and worth my time for me. But compiling them all into a single product is brilliant, since it overcomes that hurdle nicely.

11. Tom says:

lol, oh man that looks funny.

12. Robin says:

I don’t get the McMillen hype. ‘Kooky’ art doesn’t disguise hollow games.

13. Kieran says:

Robin if you are calling Gishs gameplay ‘hollow’ im afraid I’m going to have to revoke your opinion liscence.

14. Saul says:

I found Gish’s gameplay hard, rather than hollow. I just couldn’t get the hang of making that gorgeous blob of grease do what I wanted. I tried keyboard and gamepad, but just had to give up eventually. Then I watched a youtube video of someone playing it with mad skillz, and I knew I’d made the right decision. Still think it’s awesome, tho.

15. dan says:

man i must be the only nerd in the world who is excited about another moon orbiter/lander game with fuel limits!

so far i have liked everything alex archer is involved in.

16. GriddleOctopus says:

Regarding Hitlers – dudes, download The Boys From Brazil – Laurence Olivier, Steve Gutenberg and Gregory Peck as Joseph Mengeles. It’s a lost Hitler-obsessed classic.

17. AndrewC says:

That unfortunately features most of the cast from Allo Allo, which makes things difficult to take seriously. If you have Lovefilm, you can watch it for free with the ‘watch now’ option. Legally too, which is nice.

18. Adam T says:

Man, that lunar lander stuff got kinda old for me uh… 20 years ago. But count me in for Hitlers Must Die. I’m there. As soon as there gets here…