Time Gentlemen, Please! Arrives On Steam

By John Walker on August 25th, 2009 at 10:49 pm.

Just a quick one to say, one of our favourite games of the year is now up on Steam. Time Gentlemen, Please! can now be bought worldwide at £3, $5 and 4€ via Valve’s pipe. Zombie Cow have smartly bundled it with the first game in the series, Ben There, Dan That!, so you can play through both fantastic adventures super-easily. Read Alec’s review here if you’re still hesitating, and check the list of incredible reviews on their site if you think we’re just madfaces.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. Isometric says:

Hurray!
    Bought them as soon as i observed and who can resist with that price.

2. FunkyLlama says:

Just a few days after I bought it non-Steam. Damn.

3. Lilliput King says:

Sweet price, buying now.

But which one to play first?

4. Markoff Chaney says:

Great exposure. Great news. I love my current DRM free version, but hopefully this will help Zombie Cow keep making titles for us.

5. Markoff Chaney says:

@ Lilliput King – Ben There, Dan That! is chronologically first, so I’d start with that. Enjoy!

6. Heliosicle says:

I shall buy ASAP!

7. Lestaticon says:

Buy buy buy! Nice work on getting it on Steam!

8. Vinraith says:

Is there any reason to get it on Steam rather than getting it DRM free direct from Zombie Cow?

9. Coombs says:

@vinraith I dont know if this happens to everyone but my copies from zombie cow go all funny when alt tabbing out or shift tabbing into steam overlay when launched from steam, I assume a steam version would fix these issues if they’re at all important to you.

10. Mike says:

So, I bought it off Zombie Cow a while back. Is there any way I can redownload the installer? Because I cannot find it anywhere. Do I just follow the link from my original email again?

11. TheSombreroKid says:

nice i was just going to buy it today and it appeared on steam, snatched for £3! :D

12. TheSombreroKid says:

i’d recomend playing ben there, dan that first, you can’t really get the jokyness of the intro to the second one without playing through it + it’s amazing and you’d be less likely to go back and play it after time gentlemen please as i get the impression time gentlemen please’s production quality was higher.

13. nath says:

@Mike: easiest thing to do would be ask them on the Zombie Cow forums. They’re a friendly bunch and I’m sure they’d sort you out.

14. Lilliput King says:

“Brilliant. So we’re killing priests now?”

So far this is actually a better adventure game than the original Monkey Island. It’s wonderful.

15. Ted says:

Congrats, Zombie Cow!

16. invisiblejesus says:

I already bought it from Zombie Cow, but this’ll get them more attention and make it easier for me to talk my friends into giving it a try. Well done, gentlemen.

17. Legendary Teeth says:

Sold!

18. Saul says:

Bought them both last week. Genius!

19. The Unshaven says:

I already grabbed it from Zombie Cow for my lovely girlfriend, who has just bought them for me on Steam so as to send more money to Zombie Cow for being awesome.

- The Unshaven

20. Newblade says:

Great. I’m picking this up.

21. somnolentsurfer says:

Ooo. I just finished Ben There Dan That yesterday. Bought.

22. MD says:

They will definitely be getting less money per Steam sale than per direct sale, yeah? If so, people should bear that in mind!

23. Matzerath says:

This spurs me to buy it direct from the developers, as it is the same price, and the bonus game is in fact free. I’m glad they’re on Steam, but the more sentient shopper might as well buy it with maximum return for the fine creators.

24. Tonic says:

can you add this game to steam if you already own it, ala UT3?

25. Estel says:

No, Tonic. Very few games let you do that.

26. Jayt says:

@MD a sale on steam is better then no sale

27. Kelduum Revaan says:

Impulse buy activated!

Ok, that’s the second copy I’ve bought now… well worth the cost though.

28. Choca says:

I already got the games but I’m in love with Steam so I’m gonna buy them again.

29. MD says:

Jayt, of course! I wasn’t trying to discourage any sales, just wanted to remind people that they can pay the same price directly to the developers, rather than going through a middleman. I know that some people prefer to buy games on Steam, and I wasn’t having a go at them.

30. Heliocentric says:

Eh, its a little pricey for me. I’ll wait for the inevitable weekend deal.

I jest, i jest, don’t lynch me.

31. Tonic says:

b… buying it twice!!

32. Optimaximal says:

Unless you paid the extra £1.99/equivalent to the download host, you can’t re-download it. Paid for download rights are the worst form of non-DRM DRM…

Dunno if Zombie Cow ever solved that…

33. Flint says:

Well, that’s me buying them.

34. Chris Fifty-Two says:

Got them, again.

35. malkav11 says:

See, that’s exactly what I was afraid of, previously. I had every desire to just send them the five bucks directly (back when that was the only option), but if my purchase is going to be strictly digital, I -have- to be able to redownload the game at my convenience. And no, I won’t pay extra to secure “download rights”. Having been burned by that before with indie games, I was leery. Fortunately, now it’s on Steam and I have purchased it sans remorse.

36. Robin says:

Good exposure for Zombie Cow, but makes me wonder how Valve prioritise indie submissions. There are loads of great indie devs that have been crying out for inclusion on Steam’s catalogue for years without so much as a response from Valve. Like Positech and PuppyGames.

37. metal_spider says:

@malkav11

Definitely understand the burn there – I’ve bought off Zombie Cow direct, before the game was released on Steam. Wasn’t aware of any “extended download subscription” purchase option at that point and my download link has long since expired. (I do keep the setup executable safely stored offline in my drives, though.)

Oh well, will be getting it through Steam anyway. The devs could use the bucks, I gather.

38. James-Kond says:

When I moved from Laptop to PC I just asked the Zombie Cow guys to send me another download link and in an hour or so I got a new link, so yeah, fuck paying that 1,99 :P

39. thezombiecow says:

Unfortunately that’s a Plimus thing. If anyone ever contacts me because their download link has expired, I re-activate it for them as quickly as humanly possible – usually within minutes, unless I’m asleep.

The games have no DRM whatsoever, and only a minor annoyance of waiting up to 8 hours should you need to re-download.

I’ll look into getting the natural lifespan of the download extended, but I don’t think it’s possible.

I’d love to have an alternate solution to this, but until the studio’s mega-rich enough to have its own delivery system, I’m bound by a third party’s rules, and will simply have to continue bending them as much as I can to offer a decent service.

40. Freudian Slip says:

Are both games exclusively playable in windowed mode? I can’t seem to find a way to maximise game.(just bought through Steam)

41. Max says:

Freudian, right-click on the game, go to “properties,” click on the “set launch options…” button, and write “-fullscreen” (without the quotes) in the box.

42. MarvintheParanoidAndroid says:

Hurrah, this finally got me to buy it.

43. Mac says:

I give in – avoided so far, but at I can’t any longer …

44. lio says:

got myself a copy of the game as well now… steam just made the purchase too comfortable not to get it.
    i wouldn’t even have known about this software gem if it weren’t for rps so pat yourself on the back for making me spend money :)