AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! Demo

By Jim Rossignol on September 4th, 2009 at 4:08 pm.

A proper demo this time, because the game is out. You can get both demo and full game from here. It’s a strange kind of thing: base-jumping through psychedelia for hi-score. You fall down a floating city, trying to take as much in the way of risks as possible by getting close to buildings, without dying. A bit like daily life for RPS’ writers, except we try to take as few risks as possible, without dying. This is an unusual game and you owe it to yourself to try it.

Triple-A game? It’s a 25-A game. (Do you see?) Trailer ‘neathwards.

, , , .

1. Glove says:

Ah, it’s so brilliant.

2. Vinraith says:

It’s really, strangely entertaining. Also, it’s vaguely hypnotic.

3. Ben says:

As was so delightfully put in the video “SOME TEXT GOES HERE”

4. l1ddl3monkey says:

Almost as much fun as actual base jumping. Love it!

5. Markoff Chaney says:

Quite an enjoyable game. I got in on the pre-order from Dejobaan games and they made me quite happy by offering a free game, just like the Steam deal that was offered. Good will toward publisher maintained. Great game confirmed. 81 levels and optimizations to be had for almost every level. Great fun. Thank you Dejobaan Games!

6. Rob says:

It’s on http://www.direct2drive.co.uk with 25% off at the moment – £7.50.

7. invisiblejesus says:

I grabbed the preorder in large part because I’d been meaning to try The Wonderful End of the World anyway; while that game was a bit dissapointing, I’m really liking AAAaaaAAAa. However that’s spelled. Very fun, visually unique stuff.

8. Dave says:

I hope the “ugly victory screen” and “some text goes here” are in the final product…?

9. Adam says:

This game is great but its start menu entry is fAaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAAr too long so I must punish it.
    3/10

10. Dzamir says:

Perfect game for an iPhone conversion

11. Ichiro (Dejobaan Games) says:

Och. We really need a new video. That’s from the alpha!

Instead of “SOME TEXT GOES HERE,” there’s now nigerian spam around the HUD.

12. RobF says:

My depth perception is broken. I’ve been playing this far too much the past day or so.

Text just flies out the screen. Quite awesome.

I’m going to try playing this then Space Giraffe afterwards to see what happens. I may not come back.

13. postmanX3 says:

If for some reason you people don’t own this game (or worse, have not tried the demo), you absolutely must play this.

14. Willy359 says:

This demo has a freakin’ guided relaxation level. That’s a game that’s just too cool to not buy.

15. Simon says:

And for those of you with browsers that don’t like the exclamation mark (or just get slow download speeds from the main site), here is a mirror link:

16. zak canard says:

@Willy359 The full game comes with a freakin’ guided anti-relaxation level on top of that.

17. RoRoDejobaan says:

Dejobaan bows to you… thanks for the comments and feedback, our team, including our founder/Janitor are psyched!

18. Dr. Nerfball says:

For the record, if you have the Steam Version, go look at the achievements, they are possibly the best named ahievements in the history of forever. Oh, and I do love the increadible masculine guy stating “You have recieved (insert number here) of hugs” Wonderfully fun. Oh, and the glove! Actually, won’t spoil that.

Anyway, go play! It’s awesome!

19. morte says:

I genuinely didn’t think I’d like this. But it’s damned awesome. Generous demo also.

20. fulis says:

No sense of speed in that trailer

21. Rob says:

I love the game, and the title. However, I think “AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!” is a complete eyesore.

22. CMaster says:

That was fun and crazy.

23. qrter says:

Yeah, preordered this one too. Has some of the funniest writing in a game I’ve seen in a while.

24. sfury says:

Just finished the demo and …WOW! That game is AMAZINGLY addictive and funny!

I’m grabbing this one off Steam immediately.

25. Bluesky says:

I especially like the line at the top of the screen.
    THE GUI CODER WRITES your CODE WHILE HE’S ON THE TOILETTE.
    Quality. Gonna check out the demo now.

26. sfury says:

@Willy359 the relaxation level and the text and audio on the “Grab!” section of the demo totally cracked me up, I can’t pass this one! :)

27. Oak says:

Unexpectedly, having played a while, the game I’m most reminded of is MDK. Not just because of the parachute bits, but also the strange futureworld, the vague, massive architecture, the “scoped” view, and the bizarre humor. Not a bad thing at all.

28. St4ud3 says:

I really like the news updates in the menu :D And I love the game. Definitely worth the money.

29. sbs says:

Deejoban games are a cool bunch, I still play the alpha test from time to time(the drivel at the end is just amazing)
    sadly I didn’t have any moneys on my paypal to preorder, not too much a loss anyways though because I bought The Wonderful End Of The World on impulse when it was on sale anyway, but as soon as my account is refilled I will go and buy AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!
    (The name is easy guys, it’s 1 capital – 4 lower case,2-3,3-2,4-1,5+3 exclamationmarks. Honestly, it’s not that hard. Really.)

30. qrter says:

I wonder if anyone at Dejobaan has ever actually typed out the title again, since first coming up with it..

31. Bremze says:

I think the system requirements stated are much too high because im playing the demo on a 6 year old computer with little to no slowdown. P4 2.8 Ghz, 512 ram, 1200mb swap file, Geforce FX 5700 128mb.

The game is realy great and if you haven’t tried the demo do so now! Fat-fingered programer pixies will make you buy the game in an instant.

32. Army of None says:

I can’t wait to get back home to my main computer and buy this off steam!

33. KindredPhantom says: