Papercrafty: Paul Moose In Space

By John Walker on September 7th, 2009 at 11:23 pm.

All games should look like this.

In a night of great game names I’m pretty willing to bet you haven’t played a game that looks like this. For a week. Paul Moose In Space, the work of a man going by ‘thecatamites’ created this AGS adventure as an entry to GameJolt‘s Axiom contest. And “created” really is the right word. This is hand drawn characters, and even hand-built sets, animated in the game to produce a lunatic point and click adventure.

There’s not a huge amount to it, with two or three puzzles in total. But they’re splendidly silly, and mostly involve walking about followed by various household appliances. With happy faces. And there’s eyes-on-stalks aliens, which make any game up to 24% more gooder. It also features the music of Raymond Scott, which is a mad pleasure to hear. Europeans and those within what will be known in the future as “the Spotify Territories” can listen to his stuff here.

Completely batshit crazy, and in many ways not very well made, I think it’s bloody tremendous. Get yourself a copy from GameJolt and enjoy the lazy lunacy. Via the wonderful IndieGames.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Shadrach says:

Oh, thought for a moment there it said “Space Moose” was back in game form and I was overcome with glee. Bald Dwarf, Billy the Bionic Badger oh yes! (http://www.hackcanada.com/canadian/zines/spacemoose/)

I suspect a game with Space Moose would contain more Coprophagia and bull semen though.

2. Coded One says:

I want to like adventure games… I really DO!

But if I can’t find any way to open up the sad door, then how can I enjoy the game? Stupid lamp and your stupid low-watt bulb.

I guess I’ll never enjoy adventure games if I can’t solve one goddamn puzzle.

3. drygear says:

I can’t believe you didn’t link to the Raymond Scott music that everyone knows (but not everyone knows is by Raymond Scott) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEuwAh3LFvM

4. CaseyTheBrash says:

Hah, I thought it was Space Moose as well…ahh the sodomy barn.

5. Erlend M says:

The look of that screenshot reminds me of Life of D. Duck I and II, where all graphics are drawn badly in coloured pen or pencil. Good and very funny adventure games, nevertheless, particularly if you know your Donald Duck well.

6. Shadowcat says:

I’m glad so many others immediately thought of Space Moose as well :)

7. CaseytheBrash says:

Honestly, you should probably be a little worried.

8. roBurky says:

The sad door remains sad. I am also sad. :(

9. Beetlesworth says:

The Fan! it does nothing! :(

10. fuggles says:

Wow! So impressed with this – laughed hard at the vent. Awesome bite-sized game.

Comment on this story