AAAaaaAAActually: Dejobaan Respond To RPS

By Kieron Gillen on September 10th, 2009 at 12:59 pm.

You’ll have seen our Aaa(Snip!-Ed) review yesterday. Dejobaan responds to the comments thread. In a micro-youtube video. Bless them.

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. orta says:

never read the review, nor the thread, gonna download the demo cause of this video.

2. dragon_hunter21 says:

Dejobaan is amazing. I e-mailed them for support, and the response e-mail was not only tremendously useful, but also amazingly funny! I’ll certainly buy from them again.

3. Martin K says:

Echoing the general sentiment of the community, more of this sort of thing. Very impressive.

4. Adam says:

I’m literally logging into steampowered.com to buy this RIGHT NOW because of this and the demo. More developers need to do stuff like this.

5. solipsistnation says:

Oh hey.

He went to the school I dropped out of and then was Senior Unix Admin for. He talked to the game design club for which I was staff advisor before the CS department decided games were interesting and decided to take it over (and which has spawned at least 2 other companies I know of). My wife has had lunch with him. So there you go.

6. sbs says:

I’d be really interested in some sort of graph showing how sales went up after this got posted :D
    rock on deejoban

abhishek says:

Ah while poking around in the Steam forum for the game, I found another… unconventional method Dejobaan used to communicate with gamers and respond to some issues – http://www.synthscribe.com/media/steam_response_01.png.

8. Vinraith says:

Abhishek’s link is a tiny bit broken, just delete the “.” from the end and it’ll work fine.

And yes, that’s further proof of Dejobaan’s awesomosity.

abhishek says:

Oops, sorry about that.

10. Serondal says:

IS the wonderful end of the world any good?

11. MD says:

@ Serondal: I played the demo and was unimpressed, but others have enjoyed it. From the small amount of ‘research’ I can remember doing, I think the general consensus was that it was pretty good, but somewhat lifeless next to Katamari. Not sure where I got that from though, or whether it’s accurate. I’ve just remembered though that Alec wrote about it, here: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008/01/25/wonderful-end-of-the-world/

12. Shadowcat says:

TWEOTW is nifty, and frankly plays the way I *wish* Katamari did.

I gave up on WLK because of the god-damned time limits, and the irritating controls (which would have been far less irritating without the god-damned time limits).

TWEOTW solves both my hassles by giving you the option of playing levels with or without time limits, and providing mouse-look control.

Sure, it’s not nearly as big or detailed as the Katamari games, and I think the engine could be better optimised, but it plays well, it’s fun, and there’s some really nice level ideas in there.

I recommend it. I’m not sure about Aaaaa, but I’m going to try the newest demo and see what I think.

13. admin says:

His facial expressions reminds me of Dr. House.

14. CMaster says:

@Ichiro
    You know, you could have just told me that the full game features giant mountains and teleporters. The full version definitley has a lot more variety to offer than the demo, which is what I needed to know.

15. Ichiro (Dejobaan Games) says:

Oh! Well. It’s all true.

16. What was done says:

Getting old is only in our mind.
    Age never prevented people from doing things:

17. SH4RKY says:

Loved the demo…. didnt buy it for some reason, this vid changed my mind. buying now.

Odd how that foshizzle works…

18. Clippit says:

you made me burn my toast! i came out and the whole kitchen was full of smoke