Interactive Fiction Comp 2009 Judging!

By The Monster That Killed Kieron on October 3rd, 2009 at 2:05 pm.

Hullo! These e-mails keep on coming. Some highly-edible-sounding chap called Stephen mails news with news that Interactive Fiction Competition 2009 has started judging. That means that the – oooh! – upwards of 20 games can be downloaded by anyone, and then voted on by anyone with fingers still able to interact with a computer keyboard (i.e. Not Kieron, whose fingers were amongst the first things to go. They’re so moreish!). If you’re looking for opinions on them… well, last time around, Kieron linked to Emily Short’s blog as a good source for that kind of thing. So I’ll do it too. Seriously, this games journo thing is as easy as taking candy (and their tiny, defenceless heads) from babies. Toodles!

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. Senethro says:

Monsters are so responsible and thoughtful these days! A true model minority. I’m happy we live in such a multi species society.

• Psychopomp says:

So what if they eat people? Are they not allowed to survive, as well?

The discrimination is sickening.

• Bhazor says:

Now I’m not a racist but I wouldn’t an unstoppable blood thirsty monster who hungers human flesh living next door to me. I hear they have raucous parties and leave sofas on their lawn.

• Heliocentric says:

I cannot tolerate intolerant people!

• Elyscape says:

@Bhazor
      My neighbor’s teenaged son does the same thing. I’ll take the monster.

• Noc says:

You may be right, but I think this is something more sinister.

Kieron was not a man . . . but a curse, that has been passed down from game journalist to game journalist since a botched occult experiment released it in 1873. The monster has destroyed its present incarnation, but I feel it’s well on its way to becoming the next Kieron by now.

The signs are all there: self referential snark, meta-commentary about the medium . . . I predict that we’ll see some manner of “manifesto” within a week, fueled by a deep, nagging discontent and a generous quantity of alcohol.

It’s all downhill from here, really.

2. Heliocentric says:

I’d suggest soy person substitute for colesterol reasons, but that would make me a hypocrite.

3. Heliosicle says:

I hear fingers are good for the eyes.

True story.

4. RHippy says:

He’s making the whole monster thing seem very appealing to me. Are there any of the good bits left that I could try? I’m thinking of converting.

5. Blast Hardcheese says:

This monster’s grammar is monstrous! “Seriously, this games journo thing is as easy as taking candy (and their tiny, defenceless heads)…” I’ve not heard of a candy whose head you can take. That makes no sense.

Unless it’s a PEZ Dispenser.

6. Mike says:

I’m going to pimp ‘Make It Good’ at this point, too, because it’s probably the best IF I played this year.

Comment on this story