Rather Good Fallout 3 Machinima

By Jim Rossignol on October 7th, 2009 at 8:43 am.

Thanks to Jun Shen Chia for sending in a link to this first episode of what proposes to be an ongoing series made in Fallout 3, which I’ve posted below. Further episodes can be found here. I have to admit it’s been a while since I’ve paid any attention to the machinima scene, so do feel free to send in other efforts that are out there on the web. This particular piece is by Drakortha Productions, a chap who has done a whole bunch of game movies before now.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. army of none says:

Interestin’. Could be good, I’m a sucker for postapocalyptic stories, although I wasn’t a fan of Fallout 3… I do like how he’s referencing the original fallout though!

2. State says:

That's quite atmospheric and a lot better than most machinima I've seen. Thanks for the heads up.

(And click my avatar if you want to see some high quality GTA IV machinima.)

3. shiggz says:

Loved it, even more with no bullet time. I’m getting so tired of speeding up and slowing down constantly in movies. Also had my fill up super close ups for scene after scene. Show me from a good angle, let me figure out who to look at.

4. Guernican says:

Haven’t touched Fallout for months. Perhaps I need to reacquaint myself with its particular blend of misery, hopelessness and bleak colour palettes.

5. shiggz says:

im on the third one now, just keep getting better. I think I’ve done every wasteland quest at least once. So this is a breath of fresh air. Its like the best parts of playing fallout without having to play delivery boy.

6. Ozzie says:

I thought this looked terrible. Uninspired direction, not very cinematic, the camera work was not good either.
    My favorite piece of Machinima was a WOW one, forgot its name. A man comes home after many years in war and on sea and realizes that his home town is destroyed and his family dead or absent. I don’t remember it well…it ended on a cliffhanger, I don’t think that there ever was a sequel, though. Would love to see it!

7. Karry says:

“Good Machinima”

Its a self-contradicting statement.

8. Monkeybreadman says:

Looks good, if you want to see the best machinima i’ve ever seen, watch this

Made using Flight Simulator 2004! I must’ve watched it over a 100 times

9. Heliocentric says:

Not machinima related, but this has made me realise how much i want to see the bastard offspring of fallout 3 and stalker. A serious, harsh open world game.

The ability to walk anywhere and be confronted not by stupid “boombastic-ness” but instead instead terrible apocalypse with threads of hope.

• Tem says:

Try Fallout Wanderer’s Edition (FWE) or FOOK, Mart’s Mutant Mod, and Foes Reworked.
      You’ll end up with a quite harsher wasteland, without simply making the baddies immune to lead. Much more fun to play through, too.

10. Heliocentric says:

Ps. Despite being freeform, stalker runs you down corridors of varying width. Fallout 1 would let you walk to one of the final 2 levels as soon as you leave the vault (i think the millitary base was invisible until you hit the right plot point). Not gotten that far in fo3 so really i can’t comment on it.

11. Whiskey Jak says:

Like it very much, I’m gonna watch the other episodes after work. And I can say that for my part I liked Fallout 3 very much so it makes this little videos even sweeter.

The only other machinima that I remember watching for more than 1 or 2 episodes and that I appreciated the effort was The Leet World that can be found at :

Can’t say it is the best piece of art I’ve ever seen, but I found it entertaining at the time.

12. Hmm says:

Looks OK, too bad the game is a dumbed down, Fallout-raping piece of shit.

13. underproseductor says:

This machinima is good, but I just wanted the game itself to be more serious. And harder, too.

• CMaster says:

If you wanted to make a serious post-apoc RPG, you wouldn’t name it Fallout, or have a setting where the 50s never ended.

14. Psychopomp says:

So…

The characters in this machinima show more emotion than they did in-game.

Discuss.

15. Flobulon says:

Half-Life: Full Life Consequences.
    A great plot, brilliant writing and artfully shot.

16. Carra says:

Looks good. I especially like the music used.

17. Papa Voodoo says:

Seriously, when is something going to release a remake of the original Fallouts with the new engine?

18. Nerd Rage says:

The only part I didn’t like is when he says “BOS Paladins”

I know, it’s shorthand that everyone who is likely to watch this will understand. I know, it’s a nuisance to say the full “Brotherhood of Steel” name. So just call them Brotherhood Paladins. How many Brotherhoods are there in the wasteland? Moreover, how many of them have members known as Paladins? It’s amazing how that one little thing can make it feel like a forum post brought to life, and suddenly take all the fun out of it for me. I know, I’m a nit-picky little bitch.

19. Rive says:

Heres one from the good old Planetside days:

Thats the trailer. There was a first episode but it seems to be removed from youtube and i didnt find a mirror.

20. maplestory mesos says:

Hey, http://www.maplestory4mesos.com/Gold.html,my name is Jack and like you I love playing MapleStory. I understand how hard it is when you do not have enough Mesos and you do not know how to get more maplestory mesos. If you feel the same way I recommend to check out this guide. It is only $19.95 and it has a ton of advanced Maple story Mesos making techniques and has guides for every class as well. I got it and it was a great buy because I enjoy the game so much more now. Good luck and have fun playing Maple Story.

21. Rei Onryou says:

In search of a water chip is such a cliché. Other than that it was pretty good.

22. last chaos says:

You need enough Last Chaos Gold in the game. And once you complete a task, the system will send LastChaos Gold to you. Last Chaos money can also help you success, so you need buy Lastchaos Gold sometimes. And I want buy cheap LastChaos Gold too.

23. sell-nfljerseyscom says:

NFL ,MLB,NBA,NHL jerseys
    We can supply all kind jersey with good quality and low price.

24. exbagscom says:

Classic Short calf height boot
    all kinds of TOP QUALITY branded-name Apparel & Fashion. lv Jeans,nike Shoes,gucci T-shirt,coach Handbag, polo jersey

exshoe21@yahoo.com