Alternative Reality News?

By Jim Rossignol on October 9th, 2009 at 2:29 pm.

This is intriguing. We just received a link to a new site, AAN World News, which seems to blend actual headlines with news from the world of Arma II. Today it’s sporting the Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize stuff alongside headlines about the US invading Arma II’s fictional “green sea” nation of Chernarussia. Presumably this is a prelude to actually revealing some stuff about previously confirmed expansion Operation Arrowhead? Or is it the work of a crazed Arma II fan?

__________________

« | »

, .

1. Mike says:

Either that, or shit just got real.

2. Scalene says:

Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize
    U.S. Invades Chernarussia

Nobody else seeing a conflict there?

• pedant says:

Well if he can run a war in Iraq and send more troops to one in Afghanistan, not to mention use force in places like Somalia, Phillipines and Pakistan, without the Norwegians on the Nobel Committee minding, then invanding a little island or two should be just fine.

• Tei says:

UK must invade Norway, and take all the novel commite prisioner, AND all the north sea oil for thenselves. I say. We need a war. War is good for economy!.

• theleif says:

Hey! UK need to keep it’s posh hands of Norway! Sweden needs that oil to start our world domination plan.

3. Al King says:

Man, what the hell guy, winning the Nobel Peace Prize and then invading Chernarussia? There’s a word for that kind of thing.

4. Schmung says:

Surely they could have done better the Chernaurssia?

Shits just lazy man

5. Theory says:

Jim, really. Turn on ClearType.

6. Lukasz says:

Huh. Peace is war?
    I heard that somewhere.

7. Tzarkahn says:

I just like the little picture advert on the left side, not sure if they make sense but there seems to be a few of them.

8. phil says:

Someone please email this to the news editors of every Chinese newspaper you can find – if they regularly get fooled by the Onion, they might just go for this.

9. DMJ says:

“Priss Fothid” looks like an anagram name to me. But the best I can come up with is “DHS is profit”. I could be wrong unless it’s a political comment about corruption in the Department of Homeland Security.

10. blerg says:

It looks more reliable than http://english.pravda.ru/

11. Rostock says:

Hehe one of the ads are for “Sahrani”, island of the first game.

12. Marcus_de_Tycho says:

Site is also in Cernarus language (in fact, it’s Czech – the same language developers of Arma are speaking), so I think it’s official Bohemia Interactive Studios project.

13. Railick says:

Looks like they need to do a little work on their webpage. These are the two articles they had listed under the “Entertainment” tab :P I don’t know where you have to be from to consider these stories Entertainment.

Blast in Pakistan’s Peshawar kills 49 (Reuters)

Reuters – A suspected suicide car-bomber killed 49 people on Friday in the Pakistani city of Peshawar in an attack that the government said underscored the need for an all-out offensive against the Pakistani Taliban.

Suicide car bomb kills 49, wounds 100 in Pakistan (AP)

AP – A suicide bomber blew up his vehicle near a crowded market in northwestern Pakistan on Friday, killing 49 people and pushing the country closer to an offensive against militants in their main stronghold along the Afghan border

14. Tei says:

lies, al LIES.

15. Railick says:

Woah I thought that Obama winning the Noble Prize was part of the joke I just noticed he actaully did win it on BBC.com O.o That's what I get for checking my gaming news first lol

16. KP says:

related: Operation Arrowhead interview with captions.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx7w77aNPGg (caption options are in the lower right hand corner)

17. Coohla says:

Dunno what I should think about this. Anyway, like Railick, at first I thought that Obama getting Nobel Prize was also a joke. A pretty bad one, may I say =D

18. Railick says:

I had the same reaction when Al Gore won too, I guess now I shouldn't be suprised if they give the next Noble Peace Prize to Barack Obamas dog.

19. ourdreamsoffreedom says:

Is this what BIS is doing instead of fixing bugs in ArmA 2?

20. 1skitzo2 says:

russia mmmmm anybody hear of ………. WORMWOOD!!!!

Comment on this story