New Sonic The Hedgehog PC: Spineless?

By Kieron Gillen on November 5th, 2009 at 4:05 pm.

I do like how enemies explode into a burst of blood when you jump on their head.

Alphaxion noted that old romantic partners of RPS, UK Resistance has broke the news of a new Sonic the Hedgehog PC game. It’s clearly an entirely legitimate product from Sega, and in a Modern-Warfare-2 piece of relevancy, the eponymous spiked-creature is now homeless, living under a bridge and doing drugs. Nice one Sega. Developed by one chap in four days, it’s simultaneously a revisionist masterpiece which makes us reconsider our relationship with the medium and total crap. More details over at UK:R. Send our love.

__________________

« | »

, , , , .

1. Senethro says:

UK:R seem to love sega a whole lot. I’m surprised theres anything left to say anymore.

They always used to get occasional shoutouts in early episodes of consolevania.

• El Stevo says:

You actually won’t find a group more critical of Sega than Sega fanboys these days. Sad times.

A lot of the material on UK Resistance is anti-Sony stuff. And with the less than stellar performance of the PlayStation 3 OUR TIME HAS FINALLY COME.

• Kieron Gillen says:

Stevo: I admit, I found UKR funnier when Sony were the dominant evil empire. Now it can feel like pissing on a terminal cancer patient.

KG

• GriddleOctopus says:

And somehow Kieron knows what pissing on cancer patients is like. The things he does for his art / kicks, eh?

2. Okami says:

In the first 3 platforming levels, Sonic needs to keep himself pumped up with Heroin. If he does not inject himself every 10 seconds, he will die!

Downloading now.

3. Gutter says:

Wow, UK Resistance changed a LOT since I last went there…

4. Chobes says:

File this one under “Comedy concept games I kind of wish didn’t suck so I could complete them*”.

*Given my history of completing such fine games as Captain Novolin and The Diary of Anne Frank Edutainment VidCon you can probably assume this is a lie.

5. Pantsman says:

Got too frustrated after getting to the fourth level a few times and having to start over. Too bad, I was rather enjoying it’s awful madness.

6. Terrier Games says:

It was never really meant to be anything more than a little joke, my way of pointing out how badly Sega have treated their own little blue mascot in recent years.

I have done a second fix on it, and ironed out the difficulty problems (and added another level). You can download it from my site.

Comment on this story