The RPS Bargain Bucket: For A Rainy Day

By Lewie Procter on November 14th, 2009 at 4:21 pm.

Storms may be shaking the UK to pieces, and it appears the wind has been knocking prices over too. This week we have games with the biggest of budgets, the most advanced engines, and the highest numbers of pixels, and at the other end of the spectrum, a game about colouring things in. All here, and all cheap, it can only be the Bargain Bucket. Head to EdgyGamer.co.uk for more ways impulse purchase your way into debt.

Demigod – £9.20/€10.05/$14.99
A further discount on Gas Powered Games strategy game. This is a realtime strategy affair, with an injection of RPG. The launch of this game was plagued by a few technical issues, which I think turned a lot of people away. I’d be interested in hearing what anyone whp’s been playing it in multiplayer more recently has to say about it. Demo here, RPS coverage here.

Crysis – £19.98/€29.98/$29.98
Perfect timing for me, my new computer arrives on Thursday, and this is on my list of games to see how shiny they look on my new computer (between Zeno Clash and Chess). It’s the big open world shooting game that ran well only on the top teir computers back at release, but most of you probably have the system to run this admirably by now. You can either get just one of the two games, or the package with both, there’s no additional discount for buying the package. I’d be interested in looking into mods, anyone got any that the would recommend? I’ll be trying out this one I think. Demo here, RPS coverage here. It is a little bit cheaper for UK gamers to get it retail.

Evil Genius + Republic: The Revolution – £5.98/€6.69/$9.98
I quite liked Republic. You are put in charge of attempting to get your political party into power in a country full of corruption and unrest. It’s fairly slow paced, and no way near matches the ambition the game showed early on, but it’s an interesting premise. Evil Genius I’ve not played, but I’ve heard mostly positive things about it. You get 50% off for buying the bundle, or 30% off each title bought individually.

Overlord Package – £6.35/€8.75/$8.75
This is a bit of an incredi-discount. You can get the original game, the original game’s DLC, and the second game for rather cheap as a bundle, or buy the individual components at a similar discount. If nothing else, the overlord series serves to shame Nintendo. In the time that Triumph Studios have made two of these games, we’ve yet to hear anything concrete about Pikmin 3. These are pretty fun action-strategy affair, although Kieron hit the nail on the head when he said “it’s not quite as funny as it thinks it is “. You get to be evil, although the game (the first one at least, I’ve not played the second) has a pretty lacking definition of evil if you ask me. The second game supports split screen coop, which is baffling rare for the PC these days. I enjoyed the first one plenty, but not enough to finish it. I really can’t imagine anyone hating these games, and even if you are unsure, you should definitely pick up the first one. Demo of the first here and second here, RPS coverage here.

Deal of the week
Indie bundle – £14.95/$24.95
In a lot of ways, this is a little better than the previous indie bundle D2D had. I remember a lot of the comments back then were along the lines of “Awesome selection, but I already own half of those”, but I think that is less likely to be the case here. You get:

Project Aftermath
Aquaria
I-Fluid
And Yet It Moves
Acceleration of Suguri
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! — A Reckless Disregard for Gravity
Crayon Physics Deluxe

Of which I can personally vouche for Aquaria, I-Fliud, And Yet it Moves, AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! — A Reckless Disregard for Gravity and Crayon Physics Deluxe all being worth your time and money. At just over £2 each, this is a cracking deal.

Also of note:
Tropico Reloaded – £7.49/€8.18/$12.20
All Aspects War Pack – £21.49/€26.99/$29.99
Joint Operations: Combined Arms Gold – $5

1. Mike says:

That Evil Genius/Republic package is a deal made of sadness and regret. Both are really solid games that only just miss out on achieving their aims. Evil Genius is well worth it.

That Indie bundle looks rather good. Might grab that.

2. Fatrat says:

Nothing this week that grabs me. Lots of new stuff coming out lately anyway, Left 4 Dead 2 next week, though i won’t be able to play it for 2 weeks as i’m gonna be on holiday starting on release day. =’(

I can’t believe Crysis STILL costs £20, come on. Enjoyed it, but it’s getting on a bit now.

3. Buemba says:

Not to be that guy, but I already own half of the games in that Indie bundle. I wish D2D or someone else would let us assemble our own 7 games pack from a larger selection…

4. Sam Bigos says:

Crysis is £10 on steam at the moment (as well as Warhead).

• TotalBiscuit says:

Indeed, RPS got it a little mixed up. The Crysis pack, which consists of Crysis and Warhead, is £19.98, they’re £9.99 each individually.

Crysis is worth that, Warhead not so much.I laughed at the foliage pop-in 2 feet in front of me and then uninstalled it.

• monchberter says:

I beg to differ Sir. Warhead offers a much better experience and has much more character than the first game. And is still the best looking game out there.

• TotalBiscuit says:

It’s linearity bothered me. Crysis had it’s problems but Warhead was little more than another Modern Warfare-style borefest with super-powers.

• Mac says:

Crysis Ultimate is only £11.97 at Tesco’s

You get both the 32 bit and 64 bit version of each game too – unlike on Steam, where it’s only the 32 bit version

• dadioflex says:

I grudgingly finished Crysis. I got sad with it around the obvious halfway point.

Really liked Warhead TBH. I thought it got things right that the original game messed up. The only thing I struggled with was the DRM used which I still think makes me a game renter, rather than a game owner.

Vandelay says:

I bought Crysis Warhead the other week, when it was on offer on the EA store website, at the much cheaper £3.7something. I think that £9.99 is probably a bit much for it, as I had finished it exceptionally quickly. I also didn’t think there wasn’t anything particularly brilliant about it, although it was enjoyable enough.

I also found it to be be incredibly sluggish. I wasn’t expecting to get the top settings out of it, but I am certain my system is capable of playing it at the rather unhelpfully named “Gamer” setting (3rd out 4 options.) Instead, I had to knock both the texture and object settings (the ones that actually make the game look good) down to the “mainstream” option to stop the game from stuttering continually. All this was also accompanied by the horrible pop-in effect that was mentioned by someone else. This is on a Q6600, 3GB RAM and a Radeon 4850 512MB. Not top of the line, but certainly a fairly high powered system, that is struggling to get beyond medium settings in an expansion to game that is 2 years old.

Having said all that, I found the gameplay to be enjoyable enough to make me want to pick up the original game at some point (only £6.73 from The Hut.) The talk of it being less linear makes me feel that the original my allow for my experimentation with the suit powers.

• invisiblejesus says:

@Vandelay: I have read that the original Crysis performs better than Warhead. I haven’t played either myself, but my roomate seemed very happy with the first game’s performance and his rig at the time was only slightly more powerful than yours.

Vandelay says:

Interesting. I had heard that Warhead was actually better optimised, although I had also heard that they added more action going on at once, which would make it more demanding. I expect that it was RAM issue that was making perform poorly, as it was pausing rather than feeling particularly jerky.

I also think that I was able to run the demo for the original ok at the “high” settings (changed to “gamer” for Warhead), but that was awhile ago and I may have been misremembering.

• Paul says:

That Warhead pop-in problem you have can be fixed via tweak, it also annoyed me but google saved me.

5. Darkelp says:

I snapped up Overlord as soon as I saw it for cheap, considering the price and the general fun level of the games, you can’t go wrong in my opinion.

6. invisiblejesus says:

The Overlord pack is a hell of a buy, but I would caution that it controls kind of awkwardly with mouse and keyboard; it’s much more satisfying when played with a 360 controller. Very much a console port, and at full price I’d probably say to steer clear, but for this price it’s worth picking up and buying a used controller if you don’t already have one.

Also, for those who care about this sort of thing it should be noted that the Crysis games on Steam still have SecuROM limited activations. Obviously up to you whether that’s a problem, for me it put me off of giving them a try.

7. LewieP says:

Either that, or a predetermined bundle that offers discount if you have previously bought games from it (like GOG do).

• LewieP says:

@Buemba

Carra says:

Those are fun bargains indeed. I can now pick up Revolution for half price as I already bought Evil Genius.

I’m just not sure if it’s worth playing.

• dadioflex says:

For five bucks how can it not be WORTH playing?

Honestly that’s not even an issue for me these days. It’s way beyond is it WORTH playing… to do I have the time to play it? I am LOADED up on offers, from Steam and Impulse mainly but also bargains off Amazon, with nowhere near enough time to play them all.

8. qrter says:

Surprised not to see this one:

STALKER Clear Sky 50% off at GamersGate

Also at the UK GamersGate.

9. TotalBiscuit says:

That’s about what Demigod is worth to be honest. GPG really screwed things up, not only with the shoddy launch and myriad of multiplayer issues, but with the completely lacklustre content and pitifully slow development post-launch (more than 6 months after release they still haven’t released the extra 2 Demigods promised), Demigod was a disaster area. That’s not to mention the lack of strategy involved, the extremely poor map-design and complete lack of functional single-player and proper tutorials. I get that some people don’t want a DoTA clone because DoTA doesn’t so much have a learning curve as a learning cliff-face, but if that’s the case they should probably look into League of Legends and not this. There’s very little satisfaction to be had and the beautiful maps, it’s only real redeeming feature, leave a sour taste in one’s mouth after you realise that they were so expensive and complex to produce that they can’t create any more of them and neither can the community.

All I can say is thank god for Stardock’s refund policy, I appreciate that kind of consumer care and they haven’t lost me as a customer due to GPG’s failures.

10. ZeeKat says:

Crysis mods? Check the winners of ICMC map compo for a good start (and some not-winners, like Ghardir – it’s great as well). Also brilliantly demented Strangle Island – some amazing sights and ideas there. There’s lot of other nice maps and mods, best to check the crymod forums for most popular threads.

11. Stupoider says:

Evil Genius. <3 Quite possibly my favourite RTS of all time.

• TotalBiscuit says:

I wanted to like that game so much, but it was no Dungeon Keeper sadly.

• Mike says:

Theme was spot-on though. Every aspect of the evil villain thing was nailed.

• Stupoider says:

Sadly Dungeon Keeper was before my time and I’m still yet to play it. :( But as Mike said, the theme was spot on, art direction was fantastic, the sense of humour was hilarious (subjecting prisoners to watching a guy dance like Michael Jackson? Amazing!) and there was lots of room for efficient base planning and what not. I’d love a sequel to Evil Genius, just so they could add more to it and hit that final target. :)

• Gurrah says:

A lovely game indeed.

• TeeJay says:

I’ve just been trying to get Dungeon Keeper 2 running on Vista. I managed to overcome some problems with help from fan-sites, tweaks, patches and some registry editing, but sadly even after this it still crashes randomly so I only played the first two missions before putting it back on the shelf.

• Pod says:

@Stupoider

EvilGenius was great, but I found the constantly spawning super-agent James Bond types to be a pain in the ass. You couldn’t properly kill them until you were a certain amount through the game, which meant you just had to endure them :(

12. invisiblejesus says:

Just had a look, and your US price for Tropico Reloaded is a bit off. It’s showing up as $7.50 for me, not $12.20.

13. Matzerath says:

There’s a crisis with Crysis going on, as it comes with 5 limit DRM, which Steam was at least nice enough to mention on its page. The forums are aghast, as you can imagine.
    The indie bundle is what I bought – really great! The only real dog is Ascension of Suguri, but the rest are well made and incredibly varied examples of the sheer madness, humor, and unique aesthetics you can only find in indie games. And I’ve been really wanting Crayon Physics for some time now!
    (Speaking of: to get Crayon Physics up to date after purchase, I think you have to run it a few times, as it auto-updates after you register. Also, if the main game is too easy for you, someone on the forums has compiled two level packs that run from their own .exe, and they are, from what I’ve seen, awesomely challenging!)

14. Severian says:

I already have Overlord (1) but have not played it. Is it worth buying Overlord 2 at this low price and playing it instead? I’ve heard that the 2 games are quite similar but that overall, Overlord 2 was an improvement – so I’m thinking of just springing the $7.50. Suggestions?

• invisiblejesus says:

I already had Overlord, but at this price I picked up both Raising Hell and Overlord 2 (bought the pack actually, which is cheaper than Raising Hell and Overlord 2 separately). The way I see it, if you’re going to spend $7.50 anyway you may as well drop the extra buck and a quarter and get the whole thing.

15. rei says:

I downloaded Overlord, played it for five minutes, and deleted. The shoddiest console port I’ve ever played, although admittedly I generally give them a wide berth so maybe there are even worse ones. Still, practically unplayable on a PC. Perhaps a gamepad would help, perhaps not; I just wanted to purge it from my HDD as fast as possible.

Anyone planning to buy it might do well to just get the first one separately at first to see if they want to deal with this travesty of a “port”.

• TotalBiscuit says:

Come now, if you really think it’s the shoddiest console port you’ve ever seen then you haven’t played many console ports.

• Wooly says:

If that’s your reaction to Overlord, I would recommend staying far, FAR away from GTAIV, Saints Row 2, Resident Evil 4, etc. You might kill someone.

Carra says:

I don’t remember having many problems using mouse & keyboard. Worked quite fine.

I did get bored with the game itself after a few hours. It missed the strategical depth of Dungeon Keeper.

This game is nothing like the Dead Space port which doesn’t even allow me to rebind my keys.

• invisiblejesus says:

Overlord’s a console port, sure. But overall it’s well-done. Performance is fine, no obvious bugs that I’ve seen, the only real issue is the mouse and keyboard controls. And frankly, these days I’d say any serious PC gamer should have a gamepad on their machine anyway. There are plenty of very well-done console ports and indie PC games (most of which would love to be up on XBox Live Arcade, no doubt) that play better with them. As cheap as a 360 pad is these days, and with drivers included in Windows anyway, it’s tough to see a good reason not to grab one and enjoy those games.

• Clovis says:

GTA IV is only a bad port because the optimization is awful. If you have a good system you should be able to play it smoothly. The handling of kb/mouse and controller was the best I’ve seen so far. You have to use a 360 controller, but the kb/mouse and controller input work simultaneously. It is nice to finally have a game where I can simply reach out and grab the mouse for some sniping. Extra points for having axis inversion as separate options for the controller and mouse. Also all the on-screen instructions immediately change when you switch control method.

SR2 on the other hand….

• Thants says:

A game where you have to use a 360 controller doesn’t qualify as handling kb/mouse well.

• TotalBiscuit says:

Nobody said you had to. There are plenty of games that work better with interfaces other than keyboard and mouse. While I understand that traditional kbm games such as FPS should not require a pad in order to play them properly, I’m not sure why PC gamers are getting up in arms all of a sudden over the use of alternative control methods. Did you bitch at X-Wing because it required a joystick too? No, because that was the best interface for it. Overlord just works better with a pad, so do most third person games that don’t require precision aiming. Consider yourself fortunate that PC gamers actually have a choice in the matter.

16. leeder_krenon says:

i wasn’t that impressed with evil genius at the time but a couple of hours with it this afternoon was very enjoyable. i picked up the joint bundle and look forward to trying rep-rev again, it was more of a board game than a computer game, which i didn’t really ‘get’ at the time. all those crazy previews though before it came out though, what was all that about…

17. malkav11 says:

The mouse and keyboard controls for Overlord aren’t good, this is true. And the game is woefully under-evilled. But there’s still some fun to be at and for $8.75 for the lot? Yes, please.

Crysis…I need two things from them before I bother. 1) Kick the non-Steam DRM to the curb. 2) Have a lower bundle price than buying them separately, and a lower overall price. Oh well, someday maybe.

I think the actual selection of games in the first bundle was better, but in the sense that I didn’t own any of these but Aquaria, well.. I figured it was probably worth a few bucks each.

18. Vinraith says:

The first indie bundle was great for me, as I only owned Defense Grid out of it. I only own Aaaaa! out of this one, but that’s largely by intention rather than lack of opportunity. I’ve played the demos to most of these and had one problem or another with most of them. The standout disappointment is definitely Aquaria IMO, which has one of the most brilliant first few hours in gaming as a slow, exploratory adventure game, then abruptly turns in to what I can only call a “dumbass shooter.” It broke my heart, really.

The only real temptation here that I don’t already own is the Overlord games, I’m not sure what to make of them. I’m downloading the demos right now, actually.

19. invisiblejesus says:

BTW, anyone played the first couple Tropico games? I tend to have trouble getting heavily into strategy games, but the price on that Tropico pack is tempting and the political parody suits my tastes pretty well. If money weren’t a bit tight right now I’d jump on it at that price, but as it is I’m wondering if this would be a good buy given that strat games tend to run hot and cold with me, or if it’d just wind up sitting unplayed on my hard drive.

• Vinraith says:

Tropico 1 and its expansion are well worth that price all by themselves, IMO. It’s a city builder type game more than a true strategy game, and provides enough settings in its sandbox mode that you can set it up to be anything from casual and relaxing to a teeth-grinding challenge at your discretion. If the setting and concept sound fun to you, I find it hard to believe you wouldn’t enjoy it.

Oh, and the art assets are 2D, so it’s aged quite gracefully.

Carra says:

Tropico is a good management game. It was built at the time where 2D was at its peak so it still looks great. It’s actualy quite similar to the new Tropico but then in 2D. Well worth trying if you like city management games.

As for Tropico 2. I remember that it had Pirates. And I remember long times of having nothing to do. That’s a bit of a weakness of these games. You spend a lot of time looking around in your settlement trying to see if there’s anything you can do.

• MastodonFarm says:

Tropico 1 is EXCELLENT, and well worth the price. In fact, I bought Tropico 3 at launch almost entirely because the beta convinced me that it played like the first game with better graphics. The second game didn’t really make an impression on me either way.

20. Heliocentric says:

Overlord is a novel not an epic, but its a good one. Playing with a 360 pad is required for the best experience, but hell you might love the game to look past the limitations on the mouse and keyboard combo. And it is a limitation, with a dual axis pad you can sweep your minions while you fight, with mouse and keyboard you simply can’t.

• Vinraith says:

Any idea if a Logitech controller will work? I can’t stand the 360 pad.

• invisiblejesus says:

I couldn’t say 100% for sure, but the control options just say “gamepad” and there is a utility included to remap your gamepad controls; nothing specifically refers to the 360 pad, though the one picture is of a 360 pad. So I’d guess that it probably would work, though I wouldn’t rule out a bit of fiddling to get it working the way you want it to.

• Lars Westergren says:

I finished Overlord 1 with keyboard and mouse, worked fine.

• ArtyArt says:

Logitech controllers seem to work fine with Overlord. And damn, is it fun! The last two hours anyway; I can already see this getting repetative in the not too distant future.

21. Goddammit says:

I hope Triumph Studios made enough from Overlord to work on Age of Wonders again.

22. Lagmint says:

Does Crysis on Steam actually have that obnoxious DRM the retail did? The steam page is ambiguous about it – it has 3rd party DRM… but does it on steam as well?

• Thermal Ions says:

The steam page is far from ambiguous:

“3rd-party DRM: One or more products in this package may use the 3rd party DRM SecuROM™. ”

So, yes it does still have the SecuROM activation limits.

23. Arseholios says:

@Lagmint

3rd-party DRM: SecuROM™
    5 machine activation limit

24. KindredPhantom says:

Here’s a bargain but it isn’t from any digital distribution site, instead it’s of an online retailer.

Mercenaries 2 £2.99

• Krondonian says:

I got Mercs 2 for free from that EA store mess up, and somehow still felt ripped off.

• Mac says:

lol – I know what you mean (i used the same free EA giveaway promotion :p ) – after 30 mins of seeing enemies not shoot back, and generally glitch around I found myself recovering the disk space and deleting the abomination off of my HDD

• Fatrat says:

Wow, really? I got it cheap and thought it was great fun. Yeah i guess the AI wasn’t the best, but the graphics were decent, the action was plentiful, the acting was bad-in-a-good-way, and the world was big and sandboxy.

Good silly fun, imo.

• Krondonian says:

Each to their own I guess, but I found the graphics terrible (with barely any options to change things), especially water and aliasing, and a choppy framerate to top it off. (Running on a low end quad core and HD4850)- it made GTA IV seem positively beautiful.

The worst thing though was the driving and shooting. I’m not expecting great things from a third person sandbox game in shooting, but everything just seemed off about it, and the driving was woeful. Motorbikes controlled like a tank.

Maybe it gets more fun with bigger and better stuff, but it left me very cold; especially so as I loved the first.

• malkav11 says:

It’s another in a litany of bad console ports in the open world genre.

I can vouch for Mercs 2 being a hell of a lot of fun (if still a bit janky next to the first one) on 360, but the PC version performs poorly, controls poorly, has indecipherable QTE prompts, etc.

25. matte_k says:

Republic was the first game that forced me to upgrade my PC just to play it…good times :) And Evil Genius, despite being flawed (the main flaw I felt was the indirect control of minions, the tagging system could go spectacularly awry) had some fantastic design ideas-the ability to completely design your base layout, and the trap systems were fantastic. Also, little touches like the radio reports upon successful mission completion were great, I like a game with a sense of humour.

So, what happened to Elixir Studios? Last I heard a Republic sequel was planned, but set in space. A crazy rumour, or something concrete? Please do tell, if anyone knows.

• M_the_C says:

Unfortunately they closed back in 2005.

Shame, because their two games were great and had some brilliant ideas, as others have posted above.

Rebellion bought the rights to their games a while back, then recently put them up on various Digital Distribution sites. There have been a few rumours they’re going to create a sequel to Evil Genius, but I haven’t seen anything concrete.

26. TeeJay says:

NB. TheHut is cheaper than shopto, Tesco and Steam:

Crysis £6.73

Crysis Maximum (Crysis + Crysis Warhead) £11.73

(…can’t find any decent prices for Crysis Warhead by itself)

27. Nick says:

“I-Fliud” Grammar Nazis away!!!

28. Pod says:

I saw the Overlord bundle in a steam popup. I debated with myself and resolved not to buy it — I’d played roughly 50% of Overlord 1 at some friends house with them. It was good fun, but it doesn’t look replayable. Additionally, I’d read some reviews on friday that Overlord 2 is more-of-the-same.

I just bought it, however, as I read on RPS that you could club seals. Worth the money in my book!

I would also get Evil Genius/Republic, but I already own EG and despite really-really-really wanting to play Republic back when I first saw it in PCG, I suspect it’s dated quite a lot, especially given how buggy I’ve heard it was.

FURTHERPOINTOFINTEREST: Richard Joseph (RIP) made the music for Evil Genius. Whilst it’s is usual high quality of work, there’s only about 4 different songs and they loop at you endlessly, which is a long time in one of these dungeon sim games. Expect to go mad from it.

29. Heliocentric says:

The moment you have a forge and greens add a hundred greens to your armour.

Regenerating health is good.

30. KP says:

is there a good deal on Mount & Blade anywhere, right now?

31. Kleevah says:

@TotalBiscuit:
    Heh, while I agree with your point neither X-Wing nor Tie Fighter did require a joystick (it worked fine with a mouse + keyboard, which imho is the only way to play.). If memory servers right X-wing vs. Tie Fighter is the only one witch totally required it (would not even work without), but that game wasn’t too good… :p

• Matzerath says:

Is that why we all have such fond memories of Tie Fighter? What did they do that no other space sim seemed to manage?

• Dave says:

I remember liking the story behind Tie Fighter, the notion that we were preserving order and those rebel scum were terrorists. Not that this justifies blowing up Alderaan, but still. Not a side of Star Wars that we had been shown before.

• bill says:

can’t agree at all on the mouse/keyboard thing.

I have tie-fighter and freespace 2 on my new pc, but i don’t have a joystick anymore. (and no shops in tokyo sell them. at all.).
      I’ve tried and tried to play them with a mouse and keyboard. It has no feeling. No feedback. It just doesn’t feel right. I tried playing with a gamepad, but that doesn’t feel right either… it makes them feel more like Rogue Squadron.

I hadn’t realised until that point how crucial the tactile feedback and feel of the joystick was. Without it i can’t even face playing past the first mission.

• TotalBiscuit says:

What? X Wing vs Tiefighter wasn’t good? To the airlock with you!

32. bill says:

Don’t need that many overlord games to try (i already have a big list of unplayed games from these deals)… but around 90p for overlord 1 seemed too good to pass up.

33. bill says:

why isn’t this comment showing up? now it’s gonna be a double post, isn’t it??

34. Heliocentric says:

Yep. I still maintain the rebel alliance are idealists siding with war lords.

What happens when the rebels win? Its a terrible idea, the sith were equally stupid in their self destruction. But the empire? Thats an idea that could stand.

Not being able to buy a flight stick? Get 2 track ball mice and pretend its flight of the navigator. :)

35. Fatrat says:

Good silly fun, imo.

36. Ginger Yellow says:

“Evil Genius I’ve not played, but I’ve heard mostly positive things about it.”

Play it! It’s got its flaws, but it’s the closest thing to Dungeon Keeper since Dungeon Keeper 2.

Lambchops says:

The indie bundle is kind of tempting. While Crayon Physics left me a bit cold the only other one of those I own is Aquaria (and I don’t have it installed, my old download link isn’t working and it seems that Derek and Alec ddon’t answer any emails sent to Bit Blot anymore so it would be nice to be get another copy).

Not sure how convinced i am by the other games though – I quite enjoyed the demo of Aaah but the rest of them don’t sound like I’d be too grabbed by them.

38. Lucas says:

GoGamer has King’s Bounty (import) for $10 in the current 48hr madness deals.

39. LewieP says:

Sorry, this is the sloppiest bargain bucket I have ever done. It was put together amidst a keyboard breaking and a switch of OS (Win2k is so ugly, but XP needs to much RAM, Ubuntu hates my onboard graphics, so I went back to Win2k)

Next week it’ll be all shiny and HD, and I will have played most of the games (at least demo anyway).

40. Geoff says:

You can buy crysis and warhead in the maximum edition for 11 quid at thehut.com.

41. Heliocentric says:

I got the indie bundle, i wasn’t sure until i put my 5 year old in front of the crayon physics demo and watched him complete most of the demo demo in stunned silence. I hadn’t even played the demo of most of this bundle.

A reckless disregard for gravity and crayon physics have earned permanent places on my pc, the others will be gone once they are finished. Except acceleration of suguri which can just go die in a fire.

42. Matzerath says:

My favorites from the indie bundle seem to be Crayon Physics and And Yet it Moves, the latter of which I didn’t think I would like, but it is apparently the perfect mix of unusual art and insane gameplay mechanics that stirs my imagination.
    The thing is, though, is that I’ve just realized I am an unreliable reviewer. For almost no reason whatsoever I am about to buy Fort Zombie. This is after reading reviews by people saying “DONTBUYDONTBUYDONTBUYTHISPIECEOFSHIT”, and learning that the latest patch does such grandiose things as making the background music work. Why do I want this game? What the hell is wrong with me?
    It might all be because of the gameplay shot I saw of the ragtag human militia that you can gather together, complete with heavily armed children. I am a sick person, and I shall be ten dollars poorer for it.