Brace Yourself: Empires Of Steel Demo

By John Walker on December 3rd, 2009 at 9:01 am.

Aw, the world looks quite cute from this angle.

Empires of Steel, previously offering a beta demo back in September, now offers a final demo. The turn-based world-conqueror from Battlefront now available, too. Lock up your fathers. And get the demo from here.

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Mad Doc MacRae says:

I vaguely remember playing the beta demo, but I don’t remember if I liked it. Hooray for demos! Downloading now.

2. Tom says:

$45 for the full game seems a bit steep to me. That demo has to be really good…

3. Powerhaus says:

The beta was pretty boring. Some cool concepts but too much clicking “next turn” and vague combat mechanics. Pass.

4. Mr.Bigglesworth says:

I don’t have a dad, should I lock up my mom ? :(

5. SirDorius says:

Meh, nobody is online… maybe if they’d lower the price there would be more than 1 person playing multiplayer

6. jti says:

That’s what I call a bad start.

7. Svenska says:

Yeah, $45 bucks is a little too steep for me.

Since I haven’t played it, am I right when I think it’s pretty much Civilization?

8. onetime says:

LoL i watched the video on the battlefront site “http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=185&Itemid=240″ , graphics is 90’s hooray, and how much sound effects are there (kach, boom, and the sirene) 3?

45$ *lols again*

Don’t get me wrong, i sometimes get completely hooked to minimalistic games, but this one seems so ridiculous in presentation that i CAN’T even try the demo. (coming from an 4hour+ anno1404 session).

• Psychopomp says:

So, you’re so caught up in stuff completely superfluous to gameplay in a strategy game, that you won’t even give one a try one that’s doesn’t have great graphics?

9. DMJ says:

I wanted this to be good.

Unfortunately, it makes me want to play Civilization.

Actually… not unfortunate at all. Onwards, my Romans! Crush the foolish Aztecs before they develop gunpowder!

10. Egoh Rtut says:

Battlefront always overcharge. My credit card still hates me for buying Strategic Command 2.

11. jti says:

Reminds me of Civilization too. Gotta install that game again… Why did I ever uninstall it?

12. Hmm-Hmm. says:

Reminds me of Strategic Conquest (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_Conquest), which I played a lot way back when.

13. onetime says:

… there is a difference between graphics (alone) and presenation. You can present a game whith almost no eyecandy, as i said minimal, and it still can look so intresting that you have 2 try it (as in captainforever/succesor or even some of the cactus games) this however looks boring it would have even looked boring 15 years ago. The interface looks more like some kind of editor than a game at all.
    So until someone tells me that its gameplay is absolutely groundbreaking, which i doubt, i CAN’T try it.

14. onetime says:

(@ psychopomp)
    … there is a difference between graphics (alone) and presentation. Even a game with, as said, minimal graphics can be so well presented that you simply have to try it (captainforever/successor lately). This however looks boring, and would have looked boring 15 years ago, The interface looks more like some industrial standard editor software than a game at all. So unless someone makes clear its gameplay is absolutely groundbreaking, which i guess is not done by saying “It’s Civ without the fun”, i CAN’T try it.

15. onetime says:

PLZ delete this post(!)

16. onetime says:

del datetime=”December 5, 2009 at 7:25 pm”

17. onetime says:

18. onetime says:

omg – i am sorry for the mess but can’t figure out how to delete posts …