Mass Effect 2: Sentinel & Voice Cast

By John Walker on December 15th, 2009 at 12:16 pm.

Please be upstanding for the president of the United States of America.

The Mass Effect 2 videos keep on coming. They can’t be stopped. It’s an AVALANCHE! A brand new one arrives to tell us about the new Sentinel class, and then there’s the video showing off all the actors they’ve rounded up for providing voices this time out. It’s an astonishing cast. You’re compelled to watch.

The Sentinel is the a-bit-of-everything class. He can use both biotic and tech powers, as well as tech armour. I’m getting a little fed up of combat trailers in a game I’ll be primarily playing for the chitchat, but watching this one makes the fighting look a lot more convincing. In fact, BioWare may have nailed it as a shooter as well as an RPG this time, if the frantic fighting here is representative. Take a look.

So who have they got offering their vocal chords? It’s impressive to say the least. If you’d rather be surprised skip straight to the video below (apart from the one I’ve ruined at the top). Meanwhile, the president of America for one! The pretend one, admittedly, but still the best one they ever had, Martin Sheen. (I previously accused him of sounding like he was crossed with Casey Kasem, but it turns out to be the ungenetically spliced original. Oh, and it seems to be spelt “Illusive Man” after all, commenting fools.) You’ve also got Seth Green reprising his role from the original along with his sparkly eyes. Number 6 is in the mix, Tricia Helfer, playing the ship’s computer, EDI. And excuse me for a moment.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Yvonne Strahovski is in it! Her from Chuck. She plays Miranda Lawson, genetically modified to be the perfect woman. Typecast! Doubling down on the Chuck cast brings us Adam Baldwin (who more importantly was also Jayne in Firefly) as Kal’Reegar. There’s also Mrs Matrix, Carrie-Anne Moss as Aria, old Cyclops from BSG, Michael Hogan as Capt. Bailey, and Natalia Cigliuti. If you’ve not heard of her, you might want to check out the surprisingly decent Raising The Bar on TNT in the US (not least because it has Zack from Saved By The Bell in it). She plays Morinth. Keith David is back as Councilman Anderson. The fabulous voice of Shohreh Aghdashloo (whose name they impressively spell incorrectly in the video) gives us Admiral Shala’Raan (you may recognise her from her conspiratorial role in FlashForward). Liz Sroka is back as Tali, an extremely cool-looking Michael Dorn sports a fine moustache and the voice of Krogan Gatatog Uvenk, and game voice regular Simon Templeman plays Han Gerrel. But there’s still absolutely no love for Jennifer Hale whose voice has not appeared in a single trailer.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. Bobsy says:

TIGH!

JAYNE!

THE PRESIDENT!

But. Where. Is. Jennifer. Hale.

Seriously you guys. This is intolerable. You guys. Come on.

2. Schaulustiger says:

I think it’s safe to say that Bioware has by far the best voice acting lately. First Dragon Age and now Mass Effect 2. And I think it’s not just about names, it’s about how those voices fit the characters and how motivated all the actors are. And it looks like ME2 might be right on par with the Dragon Age’s absolutely fabulous dialogues.

• Glove says:

I think the quality (if not prevalence) of Valve’s sound direction has been consistently great.

• DMJ says:

@Glove: I agree. I’d rather have superb voice acting by actors I’ve never heard of (or at least don’t recognise the voice of) than “hey… Isn’t that Captain Picard?”.

• Dante says:

Given that Bioware have always chosen their voice casts very carefully, I’d venture to say Mass Effect 2 is trying to do both.

• Bhazor says:

Reply to DMG

The problem with getting in big names is that they have to just play themselves otherwise no one will recognize them. They also charge a ton more than actual voice actors so it always stinks of PR to me.

Personally I thought there were some real clunkers in the first game. The big blue bisexual in particular always seemed to be reading from her script.

• Vinraith says:

I’d tend to agree that talented non-celebrity voice actors are best, but the really both Valve and Bioware have some of the best production values in gaming across the board, audio very much included.

3. Andy says:

Well, Jennifer Hale is credited on IMDB as Commander Shepherd in ME2 so it looks good for her reprising the role. I just think Bioware consider the male version canon and that’s why it’s always him in the videos.

• Rosti says:

Andy: Not including Jennifer Hale would be nothing short of criminal, so whilst I doubt they’d not bring her back I’m itching to have it confirmed. Her and David Hayter are the best voices in the business, for my money. “Metal Gear?”, “FoxDIE!” etc.

KG

4. JKjoker says:

im trying to stay away from ME2 trailers since the horrible Dragon Age marketing but its nice to know they changed the approach since the “bitch!” trailer

i think Schaulustiger gives DAO’s voice acting way too much credit, it wasnt that good, i didnt find any character that memorable and the dialogues were kind of boring with your character being silent, i think i prefer having limited voice choices but having my guy speak like in ME if anything so i can hear him talk smack before kicking ppl though windows and thats the main thing im looking forward for in ME2

im concerned the “counselman” Anderson … didnt that happened only if you choose 1 of the endings and then put him forward instead of the other guys ? yet the trailer shows him as a “fact”, i had hoped ME choices changed anything but it seems they will be just as pointless as in DAO, everything turns out the same anyway only changing a few lines of dialogue

• Schaulustiger says:

JKjoker:
      Well, it’s my opinion, at least. I kept Alistair with me for the whole game even though he was nearly useless combat-wise but I loved his lines. There were some great dialogue options to counter his sarcastic wits and I had more than one loud laugh because of it. And I absolutely adored the party banter, be it from Oghren, Shale or Leliana.
      For me, the voice acting was spot on and I would’ve had a far less entertaining experience without it.

• Rinox says:

It’s probably just the same as with the trailers only showing male Shepard: Anderson being made counselman is canon. I’m pretty sure that Udina will appear as the council member should you have chosen him to be so in your ME1 save game. But if you’d start a new ME2 game from scratch Anderson would be the councilman.

I guess I’ll find out soon enough myself tho, since I chose Udina to represent humanity. Which was a bitch move on a personal level, but rather pragmatic imho. :P

Also, I feel that your character having spoken lines may be clouding your judgement a bit on the voice acting quality. ME1 wasn’t any better than DA. I personally (and subjectively) would even say it was less, but either way, quality wasn’t much different.

• JKjoker says:

@Schaulustiger: oh i agree that the dialogue is the best thing from Dragon Age and that after the repetitive fights and ultra generic story has only the party characters going for it … but being relatively better doesnt make it good

@Rinox: well, i only enjoyed *some* of the combat and the 24-like, over the top, collar grabbing, side-gun pulling renegade dialogue from mass effect, the rest pretty much sucked (im actually trying to replay it with a female Shepard lately, the mako is painfully boring and the parangon dialogue is so lame i keep reloading and taking the renegade route) so i might have embellished it on my mind, however the renegade dialogue was fun if only for its badassery, in DAO even badass lines sound weak without your character actually voicing them and it didnt really give you the option to be a only results matter “renegade”, it justs lets you be a dick and the fact your party characters keep whining about what you say (at least on the beginning) didnt endear them to me

• Schaulustiger says:

@JKjoker:

• Rinox says:

@ JKJoker

Really? I played through ME1 as a renegade too (also pragmatist, and a bit of a jerk ;-) ), and I found that Dragon Age left plenty of room for that. Dragon Age spoilers ahoy:

I chose to preserve the Anvil of the Void, not because I thought it was the moral thing to do (quite), but because a Dwarven Empire invigorated by a golem army could be a formidable ally vs the Darkspawn. And no one forces you to help the town of Redcliffe when it’s overrun by undead…in fact, most non-goody good NPC’s will seriously question your judgement defending a seemingly meaningless town like that when the Blight is on. Sten and Morrigan both hate you for it. And so on.

But you do have a point that the harhsly voiced remarks by your main have a lot more kick in the dialogues. I just don’t think that DA doesn’t offer any room for it. In fact I thought ME1 was rather tame compared to DA when it comes to being pragmatist. :-)

• Lilliput King says:

“@JKjoker:
      I guess it comes down to personal taste. I loved the combat, the voice acting and yes, even the generic fantasy stuff. Now I feel like a bad person :(”

He ramrods the same abrasive, poorly spelled remarks in every comment thread loosely related to Bioware like a broken mp3. I wouldn’t fret.

5. bookwormat says:

Did Seth Green just call me a kid?

6. Bobsy says:

Dragon Age had a couple of questionable voices. Morrigan in particular was waaaay off. She was supposed to be someone who’d grown up living in the wild with a crazy witch as a mother, but she spoke incredibly poshly. Her acting was also very flat and bland, to be honest. I wonder if there weren’t significant casting problems with her. Should have been irish or something.

• Bhazor says:

Because the Irish are known to live in the wild right?

• Subject 706 says:

Yes. Isn’t that why it is called ‘the Green Isle’?

• Baris says:

Agh now I wont be haghvin nun o’ dis rashism on my game webshite you ghakartanar!

I’m pretty sure that’s what everyone else in the world thinks we sound like. Except hot American women, they think we sound hot.

• Lilliput King says:

Morrigan’s voice actor seemed to get the wrong end of the stick with about half of her lines, which made her sound peculiar.

• Corporate Dog says:

Morrigan’s voice actor…?

Claudia Black
      AKA Farscape’s Aeryn Sun.

7. Qjuad says:

As difficult as you may find this, Seth Green is 35 years old. I kid you not.

As for Mass Effect 2 – I still can’t believe I get to hang out with Martin Sheen.

• Diosjenin says:

Seth Green is HOW freaking old?!

…you’re right. I don’t believe it.

8. Jockie says:

I quite liked Morrigan’s voice personally. It was a bit posh, but she was good at the sarcasm and when you suprised the character, her voice changed accordingly in a rather convincing manner. Plus it’s Claudia Black who i used to have a bit of a thing for when Farscape was on the tellybox and I was still a relatively small person.

Does raise a point sort of though, Dragon Ages big stars were her out of Voyager and Tim Curry – who as much as a legend as he is, is hardly A or B list these days (Red Alert 3…). Whereas Mass Effect 2 is a bit of a sci fi fans wet dream full of Firefly, BS:G and Matrix alumni, with Martin Sheen and Seth Green thrown in for good measure.

• Rinox says:

Indeed. We should be careful not to confuse voice acting ability, acting ability and fame as near-synonyms though.

• JKjoker says:

i liked Morrigan better when she was called Bastila and her bitchiness made a little more sense

• Baris says:

Really, her bitchiness made more sense as a deeply meditative jedi who’s powers are based on focusing her thoughts than as a holy-warrior murdering, sex loving sociopath?

On a less snarky note, I fucking loved Morrigans voice acting in Dragon age.

• JKjoker says:

she was bitchy when you were doing things that “might get you into the dark side” and you were a brain washed sith lord after all so she had excuses to have something against you

• Jockie says:

I just think that Morrigan turned out to be quite a likeable character, despite the fact she was sarcastic, cynical and patronising, which is no mean feat. Credit is due to Bioware and to the voice artist involved.

Bastila was instantly relegated to the bench once Jolee Bindo joined my party in Kotor, because I favoured his less judgemental and less whiny approach. Bastila may have have good reasons to doubt the PCs character, but it didn’t make me want to have her hanging around and being all self righteous either way.

9. Miles of the Machination says:

Well, this has certainly elevated ME2′s status up my cripplingly long list of games to get. The voice acting was something that really impressed me in the first game in creating more credible characters which in turn did great favours for the story. This, and what seems like vastly improved gameplay have really got me enthusiastic about Mass Effect once more.

10. SuperNashwan says:

Ooh, Shohreh Aghdashloo is her-that-one-you-know from 24 season 4, where she comprehensively out-acted absolutely everyone.
    I still find it staggering that it’s possible to spend this much money in a mere videogame on voice talent; and more than that, to get it right and be worth it. I’ll be amazed if ME2 isn’t the best game of 2010.

11. Lanster says:

I don’t like that little bar of remaining ammo in the bottom left corner. Don’t know why they got rid of the recharge system.

12. Stense says:

Impressive cast list. Michael Dorn and Adam Balswin should be in every sci-fi thingy.

13. oceanclub says:

If they really improve the quality of those atrocious drive-Big-Trak-around-sand-pit side quests, this is a must-buy for me I reckon.

P.

• Jeremy says:

They have made mention I think of reducing the amount of side planets for this, and increasing the quality and variety of each of them, so that’s a bonus for sure, as long as they make good on it.

14. Knark says:

Keith David, oooh… he’s cool.

• Tom Camfield says:

@ Knark

I concur.

@ Anyone

Has the fate of Ash and Kaidan been investigated elsewhere? Ash was my girl in the first game, so I hope she hasn’t been shipped out leaving The Sheps all alone.

• Matzerath says:

Any game has my endorsement if it’s hip enough to have Keith David in it.

15. Andrew says:

Definitely hope Jennifer Hale will return. I’ll be bringing back my female Shepard for sure. The default ‘Crew-cut Shepard’ shown in all trailers and official stuff never did anything for me. He just seems very generic space marine guy. Very impressed by the voice actors they have here though

• kadayi says:

She’s the female shepard, so yes she will be back. Fact of the matter is, they’ve never shown the female shepard in any of the trailers as a character. They’ve only ever used the male shepard. I’d imagine it’s because it would confuse people otherwise.

16. Martin Coxall says:

I’m replaying Mass Effect at the moment, and you know, it’s a fine RPG and it’s not a much of a shooter, but the shootybangbang is not as terrible as I’d remembered.

However, ME2 pewpew is looking amazing. The Engineer class looks like just my kind of thang.

17. Clovis says:

Why would anyone outside of the US know what “Saved by the Bell” was? That was a really, really, really awful show. I even understood that when I was in the demographic it was aimed at when it originally aired.

For some reason I don’t find it strange that it would dubbed into a foreign language. Maybe because that would allow them “localize” it and make it non-awful. But the idea that someone in England would somehow manage to watch it is disturbing. Please tell me you know about this show for some other reason.

To be on topic, I mostly enjoyed the talky-bits too. Honestly though, if I could play the combat as a straightforward shooter this time around I would. The combat was just boring, so I’d probably enjoy the game more if I just put it on easy and blasted away.

• Martin Coxall says:

@Clovis

It was very popular in the UK. And for a homosexual of a certain age, growing up with young Zak and his chums was very, ahem, innervating.

• Morph says:

@clovis

Saved By The Bell was pretty popular in the UK, at least with my age group when I was a young teen (and I’m in my late 20′s now). Now it is regurgitated by pop-culture spouting idiots like myself. I can still remember the lyrics to the theme tune…

“When I wake up in the morning and the alarma gives out a warning…”

• John Walker says:

Saved By The Bell was unavoidable across all the Earth. You’d be horrified if you knew the US sitcoms that filled British TV in the 80s/90s. To pluck from the air at random: Nurses.

Anyway, I think we can all agree that Saved By The Bell: The College Years was one of the great dramas of our times. [IMDBs Kiersten Warren...]

• Muzman says:

Clovis etal

I think ‘Small Wonder’ still takes the prize as far as bad sit coms goes

• Tom Camfield says:

@Clovis

It was on every weekday, every school holiday at a time when we had four TV channels and no competing kids shows. Kelly and Zack were like the Ross and Rachel of kids TV. Or something.

• Jad says:

This was one of the interesting things that popped up when I recently spent a week with a bunch of British people (and Canadians, but they basically have the same TV as the US): I had no idea which cultural touchstones we shared. Can’t think of specific examples, but I’d mention what I thought was a pretty big, universal TV show/song/cultural phenomenon and they’d be unfamiliar with it; but when it came to what seemed like small-time, parochial stuff — like Saved By The Bell — they’d know more of it than I did. Was confusing.

• skalpadda says:

I would most certainly have been part of the target audience when that show aired, but I have absolutely no memory of ever seeing it, so at least it was avoidable in Sweden. I did have strange habits of going into the wonderful world outside, riding moose, tracking bears and wrestling reindeer in my youth though so I might simply have missed it.

• Clovis says:

Great, I just thought I had to feel collectively guilty for, you know, blowing up other people’s countries. But I guess we were clusterbombing everyone with terrible TV too.

@Jad: Yeah, somehow I thought our cultural influence would be focused on the good parts.

So, I guess the dominance of Japanese cartoons is some kind of revenge? But what a revenge. They will someday have to look back on what they have done and see what I see.

“The horror! The horror!”

• Lilliput King says:

Kind of like Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

What a show.

• TeeJay says:

@Clovis

“somehow I thought our cultural influence would be focused on the good parts”

American TV shows are often far cheaper than locally produced content since by the time it is offered overseas it has already amortised its costs. It is also easier to see how many episodes a show will run and how popular it has been with various types of viewers – so less ‘risky’ vis-a-vis advertisers and constructing schedules.

Prime-time American shows tend to be either very good quality (albeit a season or two behind) but at the other end they are also used as a cheap “filler” daytime slots and and for kid’s TV.

The most annoying aspect of US imports is that UK broadcasters often don’t treat them seriously – messing around with scheduling for example in a way they would never do with their own shows.

18. Kris says:

@ Clovis

Saved by the Bell including the later series with Screech as a teacher was aired in the UK – unfortunately.

19. Seniath says:

Simon Templeman, man!

That is all.

20. Choca says:

How to know you’re the biggest nerd in the room at an EA event where Mass Effect 2 is shown :

When everyone congratulates the team on scoring Martin Sheen in the vocal cast, be the only one to instantly recognize Yvonne Strahovski’s face and voice.

• nutterguy says:

Very much doubt you where the only one to recognize her. I mean even her in game likeness is gorgeous, exactly like her… :-P

21. Subject 706 says:

You know, famous actors (and some not so famous) for voice overs is all well and good, but do they really make a better game? Publishers moan about ballooning development costs, and in the same breath brag about the voice cast for their games.

I mean come on, I think good theatre students could probably do just as good a job, and probably save EA a few million dollars. This seems mostly like PR bragging rights.

22. jsutcliffe says:

Congratulations John, you evaded the Bioware/EA marketing machine and managed to combine two drip-fed videos into one post!

I love Keith David. He’s one of those actors who just keeps on getting more handsome with age. However, why do most of the clips of the female voice actors show them speaking “sexy” lines? I think the EA marketing machine that thought the “sex and violence” DA trailer was a good idea had a hand in this one.

• dhex says:

keith david may be the best voice actor (playing variations on keith david) in games today.

on the other hand, you’re always waiting for him to say “i know it’s pretty, but i didn’t take it out for air.”

• Kadayi says:

@dhex

Too true that.

23. Jimbot says:

What’s going on here? Not including Jennifer Hale is one thing but no Lance Hendriksen? The game needs the presence of Fleet Admiral Hackett. It’d be a tragedy not to have his voice in the game, that’s for sure.

24. Eidolon says:

Great to see the lovely Yvonne Strahovski branching out from Chuck. She looks interesting as a brunette. Obviously she wasn’t engineered to be the perfect woman though, since she isn’t a redhead.

25. Rath says:

I’ve now heard Anderson referred to as both Admiral Anderson and Councilman Anderson, no doubt based on the choice you made at the end of the first game, and Shepard as Captain rather than Commander. Everyone’s promoted. Except Ashley, hopefully.

• jsutcliffe says:

@Rath
      I promoted Ashley to dead. I wish I could have left both her and Kaidan behind, though. Choosing which one I liked least was a tough one.

• Wooly says:

Nah, I’m fine with her being promoted. Posthumously.

26. Cooper says:

Come on now, the voice acting for female Shepard was light years better.

Currently trying to decide if I’ll bother playing through ME1 again before they release the second or use my current save. Kinda liked where I ended up (which, like all Bioware games with ‘morality’ meters is somewhere bang in the middle) and being able to tell them I couldn’t care less what happened to the council at the end.

• SuperNashwan says:

The brilliant thing about Hale’s acting was her delivery worked well whichever side of Bioware’s moral coin you flipped up, which is either incredibly fortuitous casting or mind-bogglingly good acting.

27. Monkeybreadman says:

I wonder if i’ll be able to have sex with Yvonne Strahovski? Even a threesome with Yvonne, myself and Tricia?

If so i vote this game the best game ever to be made, ever

• Taillefer says:

Most of those names mean nothing to me. I feel like I’m missing large chunks of general knowledge.

28. Ole says:

I just love Adam Baldwin’s description of the Mass Effect universe.

“You have… flying cars! And uh… guys with really big guns.”

Truly a wizard of words.

29. Quests says:

Combat looks extremely boring and childish.

• Clovis says:

and in the game

• DXN says:

The capital of Moldova is Chişinău. In the past it was known as Kishinev, or Кишинёв.

Moldova is a parliamentary democracy.

30. R. says:

Why do I love RPS? Because nowhere else seems to have mentioned the most real clincher in terms of the voice actors they’ve got for the sequel. Jen Hale’s performance was gosh darn brilliant and for all the names they’re throwing around, I’d be way less interested in the game if it turned out she wasn’t coming back.

Ruthless Renegade Jen Shep > All.

• BrokenSymmetry says:

Bioware have confirmed on their own forums that both Mark Meer and Jennifer Hale will be returning as the voice of male and female Shepard.

31. sfury says:

niiiice… 1/3 of the Firefly cast is on board!

Now what do we have to do to make Bioware develop a Firefly RPG?

• jsutcliffe says:

@sfury

Am I missing something? Who other than Adam Baldwin is involved?

• archonsod says:

Think Kerberos beat them to it. Northstar is apparently heavily influenced by Firefly (as in “we couldn’t afford the license” influenced).

• Corporate Dog says:

I can’t see the video from behind my office’s firewall.

Who ELSE from the Firefly cast is in it?

• sfury says:

“Who ELSE from the Firefly cast is in it?”

Ron Glass a.k.a. Shepherd Book :)

btw I just saw Nathan Fillion and Alan Tudyk did voice-overs for Halo 3 and ODST (not enough to make me play them though)

• sfury says:

@archonsod – I’ll check out this NorthStar, thanks.

There was also some dreaded talk about a crappy MMO, but apparently it’s delayed/dead and I’m just glad.

Looking at games like KOTOR 1&2 and Mass Effect you could easily see how Firefly is so similar in heart, and with that crew it would make an awesome story-driven RPG. Ah, if only Obsidian or BioWare could do something about that, but instead they’re hell-bent on introducing their own IPs :(

• jsutcliffe says:

@sfury

Huh. I’ve not seen him linked to ME2 anywhere.

32. cjlr says:

Shepard’s called Captain because Shepard is the captain of a ship, no matter what his/her actual rank is. That said, s/he really deserves a promotion after the events of the first game.

33. Kadayi says:

Much as I like Martin Sheen the voice doesn’t match the character. It’s an old man’s voice coming from a young man’s body.

• Rath says:

You’ve just described most of the inhabitants of the smoking area out the back of my local.

34. Gassalasca says:

Does anyone else by any chance find Tricia Helfer anoying?
    I’ll never forgive Blizzard for casting her as Kerrigan….

35. MadMatty says:

that was pretty horrible all-round lol xcept for maybe two of them- they werent getting into it-
    its probably the bad scripts- computer game stories are usually around the same quality as cheap fantasy paperbacks by some hack (its fortunate that i occasionally enjoy such things, but atleast i dont kid myself about my taste)
    Tricia is hot.
    Enjoyed the first Mass Effect until it started lagging massively, when i tried some of the planetary subquests- still waiting for that Gforce 260 or something- crappy conversion :/
    Hopefully the scenes will look better in context or something

36. MadMatty says:

Tarantino should write dialogue- hes so good at conversation fluff !

37. SiUnit says:

zomg Worf! //blurt

38. Will says:

Isn’t that Jennifer Hale at the end of the first trailer, saying, “There is only one measure of success: kill or be killed”? My ears might be deceiving me.

She was quite sublime in KOTOR too.

39. slybri says:

I’m glad they spent a lot of money on voice talent for the new Mass Effect game. Bioware always does. I just hope they spent some time fixing the horrible loading times, craptastic galaxy map, terrible menu system, the punishing auto-save, retarded AI, mind numbingly boring vehicle segments, and those goddamn elevator rides! I love Sci-fi space operas and I love RPGs and shooters, so I really wanted to like Mass Effect. I thought it would be my favorite game of all time but all of that stuff just made me hate it.

One of these days I’m gonna have to slog through it just for the story.

Also: I don’t care what the official canon is, Commander Sheppard is a hot female brunette with a great ass and a sexy voice. And she loves making out with alien chicks.

• TeeJay says:

I have been trying to play ME and so far it just feels like an “interactive made-for-TV-sci-fi-mini-series” – walk five steps, cut-scene, fire gun three times, cut-scene, read loads more new (pointless?) text in a sub-menu, cut-scene, try and ‘select’ dialogue without actually knowing what it is, cut-scene repeat ad infinitum…

Is there actual *gameplay* under all this gloss? Or is this just the modern version of a linear FMV adventure game? Can anyone help me get into the right frame of mind for my next attempt…

40. Thiefsie says:

I must say… coming from mid-game dragon age where the voices repeat on characters quite a lot… hey Jowan,… oh hey Jowan with a beard… oh hey Jowan trader…

The news that they are getting heaps of known actors is a little worrying… This could be even worse than Bethesda with two lines from patrick stewart / quigon jin and then about 3 actors making up the rest of the game.

hmmmmm. Still I will eventually get ME2, once I finish the first. DaO has me by the balls at the moment… and I stopped ME ages ago… maybe because I was playing it on 360 and I just wasn’t comfortable with that?!?

41. Some Sort of Bizzaroman-Pomp says:

FUCK YEAR, SENTINEL

42. Monkeybreadman says:

How many videos has there been about Mass Effect 2 now? seriously this has to be the most videos a game has ever had.

We’re not going to forget about the game, i dont want to have watched the entire flipping game before i play it. GEEEEE to the mofoing EEEEEZ

• Monkeybreadman says:

Just been to the official site, and its 15! FIFTEEN! Including a trailer about a trailer, FFS

43. Paul Moloney says:

I just get an error on this page (W7/IE8) – the video just says “Loading your movie”, while the error is:

Message: ’0.offsetWidth’ is null or not an object
    Line: 19
    Char: 9
    Code: 0
    URI: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/wp-content/themes/rockpapershotgun/js/coda-slider.js

44. bleeters says:

If Michael Hogan doesn’t have at least one line complaining about frakkin’ Geth, I want my money back.

45. el Chi says:

Wow, there are quite a few “Oh hey! It’s that person from that thing they were in!” actors there. This category of actor tends to be in 24 at some point in their career.

46. Funky Badger says:

Tricia Helfer: jebus, she’s got a lot of teeth.