GSW TF2 Propaganda Poster Round-Up. Yes!

By Kieron Gillen on December 16th, 2009 at 8:01 pm.

A quick one on this, as it’s just fun. You may know Valve are running a propaganda poster compo for the current Soldier/Demo-man war. The winners will be around eventually, but Game Set Watch has done a round-up of some of their faves. Go gawk. We should start demanding icons of Horace the Endless Bear be offered unto us. Oh – the image I’ve used for the top image is Flufflesthepancake’s “Tf2- Propaganda Poster”. Hurrah! And go Soldiers!

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Eplekongen says:

Oh man, competition is over :(

2. Schaulustiger says:

The “Enlist Demoman” one is my favorite but they all are of a very high quality. Gotta love the TF2 community.

3. Jahkaivah says:

You guys haven’t seem to have done any articles on the announced unlocks yet.

• Heliosicle says:

I’m guessing they’ll just do a roundup type thing.

also, noice posters.

I though of trying it, but then i remembered that there’ll doubtless be 100′s of better ones.

• DarkNoghri says:

Their goal has been to do a roundup after it’s all over for oh, the last 3 updates. I don’t think they’ve succeeded yet, but they seem to be doing pretty well thus far this time.

4. dAniel says:

“Hurrah! And go Soldiers!”
    Wow this may as well have been the last time I visit RPS. Plz die!

• Starky says:

Looks like the Soldier may have won also, which is a shame.

Once again the stupidity of the masses chooses ignorance over intellect.
      Maybe they, like their avatar of choice have beaten themselves in the head with a shovel a tad too much.

Oh well, at least the Demoman, being Scottish should be used to losing. I’m sure he has a barrel of whiskey to drown in.

Still, win or lose the war, we got a freaking CLAYMORE, we win by default.

• Sparvy says:

I must admit I rooted for Soldier even though I prefer to play as a Demoman. Demoman is just so good, so awesome, it would be unfair to let them get even better. Soldier is good but boring, Demoman is better and fun. Soldier need more new stuff.

• invisiblejesus says:

What Sparvy said. Demoman really doesn’t need any extra help.

5. StalinsGhost says:

How dare they steal my Demoman as Obama ripoff and then do it better. How very dare they.

Though mine had a better pose.

6. Arathain says:

We Soldiers are glad to have your support, Major Gillen.

7. FernandoDANTE says:

GO DEMOMEN, DAMMIT!!!

MAY THE BEST CLASS WIN!

8. Sam Bigos says:

I love the last one. Also, go soldier!

9. Chris says:

A gallery of many posters here. Some good, some not-so.

10. Amqz says:

You’d think a british website would be supporting the demoman… shame on you.

• Kieron Gillen says:

Amqz: Whatever that accent is, it isn’t Scottish.

KG

• Vinraith says:

@Kieron: No, but it’s hilarious, and isn’t that what’s really important?

• Starky says:

Really? I love in Carlisle, on the border and personally know several Scottish people who’s accents are very similar to the Demomans – not quite as pronounced, not quite as cartoonish but enough that they could easily animate their natural accent and sound exactly like the demoman.

S basically a real Scottish (or decent enough impression) accent dialled up to “crazy scot” which is exactly what the Demoman is. Crazy.

• Starky says:

Live in… well I do love in also, but… ah god-damn it Freudian slip.

Ironically (well sorta) I hate the place, and soon aim to leave it forever.

• Velvet Fist, Iron Glove says:

Regarding accents:

“we though it was appropriate that he [the Sniper] was about as convincing an Australian as the Demoman is a Scotsman, or the Medic a German.” (from here).

Yes, the Demoman’s “Scottish” accent is only a wee bit better than Mike Myers’s one.

• invisiblejesus says:

Allow me to correct your obvious typo, Amqz: “You’d think a non-sucky website would be supporting the soldier. Good job, RPS!” :P

Remember, if you don’t support our soldiers, the terrorists will have already won.

• Amqz says:

I realised that I had made a horrible grammar mistake as soon as I had posted my opinion, but sadly there is no edit option. Also, I’m finnish.

11. skinlo says:

Well I can now safely say that all of thsoe are way above my level of skill. I’m glad I didn’t enter now :P

12. Flufflesthepancake says:

HOLY JESUS YOU FEATURED MY WORK.
    I’m so happy I could cry :’)

13. Jeremy says:

I’m continually impressed by what the TF2 team have put out there. Can’t wait to see the final weapon. Though I do wonder how the demoman will play with melee tactics.

14. Arathain says:

The Eyelander thing is actually really fascinating. It seems like using the sword and board will essentially create a new class- a quick striking melee fighter. Normally Valve have created alternate weapons which retain a similar battlefield role. The biggest change up until now has been the Huntsman, changing the Sniper from long range precision support to mid-range precision support. But this is a long way beyond that- mid-range combat/disruption becoming melee head-lopping berserker! Really looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

15. Psychopomp says:

The fact that people on the steam forums have found excuses not to like the sword and board is further proof that the steam forums are a No Fun Zone.

16. Dave says:

Whoever wins, pyros lose :(

(But I still can’t wait for my Eyelander.)

• Sparvy says:

I’d say; whoever wins, Engineers lose.

• Arathain says:

The Direct Hit looks like a great way to clear out Engie gear from a safe distance.

• Stick says:

I’m looking forward to the Melee Berzerker Demoman. Because 1) I may actually play the class now, and 2) fire resistance or no, the sticky-less sword-and-board version should be a whole lot more fun to tangle with as a Pyro. (Airblast, ignite, aaaaxtinguish!)

17. D says:

I don’t feel like this is getting the attention it needs. Two new comic sets:

• D says:

Oh I see now some people have seen the new comics. Its was confusing cuz Valve is putting them under the Dec. 9 Administrator comic update – but I see now they’re also being linked from the newspaper updates. My bad

18. RagingLion says:

Yeah I’ve been really enjoying the comics that have been put out so far. The one that focussed on Saxton Hale was particularly good. I feel like they’ve nailed the tone to be exactly what the main demographic of TF2 will really appreciate and find funny.

Also … go soldiers!!

• Starky says:

God could you imagine what a comic aimed at the main demographic of modern warfare would look like?

Something like that would drop the world average IQ by a few percent.

19. Ira Aduro says:

I hope Valve publishes the top 25.

For what it is worth, here is my entry:

Done in an early 20th century style.

20. Arathain says:

The top 3 winners are up on the TF2 main blog page.

21. Schaulustiger says:

Holy shit… those winners are even better.

22. pimorte says:

Did anyone notice the new achievements for the soldier?

Grenades are returning.

23. oceanclub says:

I’m _really_ hoping they get the Engineer update soon. Why is my fave class last? *sob*

P.