Compo Winners: LOTRO and Intel/OpFlash

By RPS on December 18th, 2009 at 11:19 am.

Thanks to the hundreds of entrants to the last couple of competitions we ran, we’re sorry we don’t have something for everyone. There can only be a handful of lucky winners, and those folks names are listed below. Additional thanks to the chaps at Codemasters, who provided the swag.

Core i7 Processor and Flashpoint Goodies competition winners:

First prize:

Stephen Read.

And runners up:

Ron Perillo, Schalk De klerk.

LOTRO competition Winners:

Michael Johnson, Jason Leeming, Leigh Mitchel.

Expect to receive your prizes soon!

__________________

« | »

, .

1. Baboonanza says:

Congrats to the winners!
    Do we get to see the winning entries? Or are you worried about starting an argument about merit?
    I want to know what RPS thinks war is good for.

2. DMJ says:

Yeah, it’s against the law to not post the funniest entries to a competition.

Or something.

Tell us, RPS! We need to know what war is good for!

3. CraigL says:

Awww, my entry had pictures and everything :(.

Congrats to the winners *grumble grumble*

4. Ian says:

HAX

5. Rob says:

Is there a winner for the Ashes 2009 compo yet?

6. Rob says:

Did anyone win the Ashes competition?

7. Rob says:

Didn’t mean to ask twice – there seems to be a bit of a problem with the comments today. I kept getting errors which meant I thought my comment hadn’t worked…

8. Jockie says:

Ohh yay, I won something I think… Damn you extremely common name!

9. Jackson says:

Lets get with the current trend and start some sort of boycotting system until we get the ashes compo winners announced. I propose we all buy Boney M sinlges from itunes until they give in!

10. Jaffo says:

Congrats gits!

;)

11. Starky says:

I think we should get to see the winners regardless of any debate over merit – if only because it will allow us to delve into the psychology of the RPS hive mind.

Such data will prove invaluable when the hive mind turns against humanity and we need to destroy it.

12. Cheshire_Cat says:

Please show us what they wrote to win!

• crowTrobot says:

I just recieved my runner up prize pack! Thank you Rock, Paper, Shotgun and Codemasters for this awesome prize!

Here was my entry for those interested:

War. What is it good for?

Whether its morally justifiable or not, war’s influence on economic growth through accelerated production rates and territorial aquisitions as well as technological advancements through wartime innovations are undeniably positive. This is counter-weighed however by the enormous emotional toll it brings: the very high price of human lives lost and often times forsaken liberties.

13. crowTrobot says:

oh wow, I made runner up.

awesome thanks!

14. CtGuy1955 says:

crowTrobot Congrats on winning, Im very happy for you. I wonder how many were sent in and never were read? I, like many others did not see anything in the “Email” section, so did not know about having a certain subject text in the subject line. I basically in my offering said everything you did, and so much more. I wrote hundreds of words and went into exact detail.

I can not detract from what you wrote and dont feel bad about losing…..if I was even considered at all, that is where I have a problem. I only knew to come here to find about the winner as the messages I and others were leaving on the original post about the contest were not answered, because of one nice person who told us to come here.

Sorry if I sound like I’m disappointed, but being a vet and having worked in a VA hospital, Ive seen so many sides of the issues. I just searched for my entry, and I cant find it. I would have liked to have posted it here for others to read.

Best Wishes