The Year Ahead, Part Three

By Jim Rossignol on January 16th, 2010 at 11:57 am.

Once we get past early summer things get a little hazy. We enter a nether-realm of shifting dates and unclear prophecies. By then we’ll also have a whole bunch of games I haven’t previously mentioned show up in the intervening months, stuff that we didn’t have release dates for to place them in our line-up. This final post in our preview attempts to survey them all. To the future! (And check out part one and two if you haven’t seen them already.)

A new World Of Warcraft expansion will undoubtedly be playing on the minds of plenty of PC gamers. Cataclysm is due some time this year, and will radically shake up Azeroth. New dungeons, new regions, a new level cap, archaeology, and two new races: Goblins and Worgen. If you are partial to a bit of the Blizzard megalith, then this is going to be pretty enticing.

Of course the MMO realm is over-flowing with other possibilities in 2010. There’s Lego Universe which is y’know, for kids, but is likely to appeal to a much wider audience. From the same studio there’s Jumpgate Evolution, a colourful and accessible space MMO, which is counter-balanced by the recent saved-from-extinction Black Prophecy, which looks dark and Germanic. And then there’s The Secret World, Funcom’s attempt to bring all the conspiracy and mythology of our world into a single contemporary setting. Buffy meets The X-Files meets Cthulhu, or something like that. I’m very excited about that one.

Another strange addition to the line-up of games without exact dates is Mortal Online. We’ll hopefully be covering this soon, but as an ultra-hardcore first-person MMO reminiscent of the original Ultima Online days, this has certainly got our interest. Perhaps it’s something you should be taking a look at too?

I’ve also been spending some time with the strange Eve-like robot MMO, Perpetuum Online. Developed by a small Hungarian studio, this game appears to have been very much inspired by CCP’s opus, but is set on a science fiction planet where players pilot various types of mech. So far I’m still in the newbie chassis, but I’m going to get me an assault mech soon. I’ll let you know how it goes after I’ve been ganked by some hardcore PvPers.

I don’t know how many of you have been following the development of Overgrowth, but the anthropomorphic animal-based fighting game is intriguing indeed. It appears to have survival elements, suggesting you’re going to live in the world as one of these humanoid animals, but the key thing is physics-based combat, in which you do martial arts on your enemies, and use physics objects from the environment as weapons. No release date on this, but it should be mid 2010

RPS readers are probably a little more familiar with the perpetually-developed Natural Selection 2, an RTS/FPS hybrid based on the original Half-Life mod. Unknown Worlds have put their heart and soul into this, their first commercial game, and it’s going to be fascinating to see what the response is when it finally arrives.

Also out in the indie wilderness is the impressive-looking multiplayer space combat game, Naumachia. It’s one of a whole bunch of smaller titles that we can expect to see in 2010 – titles that we will probably end up spending just as much time with as anything the big studios produce. What will PopCap come up with, for instance? And will Cactus find his way to a major release this year?

Also out in the realm of smaller releases is Trackmania 2, the actual proper sequel to the insanely excellent Trackmania games. This was only announced towards the end of last year, but we expect it to turn up by the Autumn.

Then there’s Max Payne 3, still apparently scheduled for autumn this year. It’ll be interesting to see whether it actually hits that date. It’s also going to be interesting to see how Rockstar Vancouver manage to update the game from the previous to. Alec and I went back to look at Max Payne 2 last year, and it really hasn’t aged well. For a game that was the future of action, it really does look like a thing of the past.

Also slated for that rough end of the year period is the return of the Medal Of Honour series. I’d be surprised if it actually turned up this year, but I think EA have it scheduled to arrive before March 2011, so in the next year, if not 2010. It’s hard to really care about this, as it’s bound to be a rehash of Modern Warfare 2. Millions will buy it, but I’ll probably be playing something else.

Then there are a bunch of games that may or may not actually arrive in 2010, like Brink. Splash Damage’s astonishing-looking team-based shooter will be throwing in all kinds of strangeness that we’ve never seen before, like player-designated asymmetrical objectives, and a new movement system. It’s already be shunted back to the end of the year, but there’s every reason to suspect that it might slip further.

And what of Splash Damage’s big brother company, Id Software. Also working with ZeniMax on their next game, Rage, we still don’t know a whole lot about it. Notice that the teaser site that appeared last year has quietly disappeared from the net, and now redirects to the Id page. This game could slip and slip for all we know, and if there are any answers, they’re unlikely to arrive before QuakeCon in the summer. I’d like to see Rage arrive for Christmas 2010 and answer all our doubts, but I think it’s a good contender for a 2011 release.

Crysis 2 is always out there but unknown. A known unknown, if you will. It’s going to be a return to the realm of the nanosuit combat, we know that much, but will it cover the same ground of alien-battling, or will Crytek finally drop that ideal and just let us fight other humans? And will it make 2010? Right now it appears to be roughly aim at the end of the year, but it’s another game that could easily slip by another year.

What is still on the cards for 2010 is Deus Ex 3 from Eidos. Their studio in Montreal have been busy at work on the RPG-FPS sequel for quite some time now, and we’re expecting to get a lot more information over the summer. It might just make this year, but equally it could end up in early 2011 or beyond.

Anyway, yes, there’s plenty I’ve missed, other stuff that Tim Stone has already covered, and things we don’t yet know about. In conclusion: there’s tonnes on the horizon. It’s going to be another interesting year.

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. dragon_hunter21 says:

*gasp*
    No mention of the tentative late-2010 release of Hitman 5?
    Shame, sir, shame.

• Jim Rossignol says:

In a mad vendetta against Io, I didn’t mention Kane & Lynch 2 either.

• DrugCrazed says:

I like the idea of Hitman 5. That should be awesome.

Kane and Lynch is looking good, but that’s just from previews, and if we’re honest, previews are supposed to look good.

2. Tei says:

Making games is incredible hard. All of these projects are like attempts to put people on the moon. I hope all of these succeed.

I bet Perpetuum Online will drop, for budged problems or legal problems.

3. IncredibleBulk92 says:

You really don’t think we’ll see Episode 3 this year? Shit, 2010 sucks!

4. JKjoker says:

wow, so many mmos this year, what a waste of time and money, they dont look bad but how many can coexist at the same time ?

• Kadayi says:

@JKjoker

In short most won’t. Too many try to steal from WoW, but failed to grasp that fancier graphics & better mechanics aren’t necessarily enough to steal away players who have built up strong social ties within that title, as well as massive amounts of investment in characters they are reluctant to give up on. Sure there is always a hiatus whenever the new kid comes on the block. Players will pick it up to see what’s different, but making them stick past the first couple of months when they burn through your content is the big issue.

5. Jemre says:

VALVE, WE LOVE YOU – BUT FOR GOD’S SAKE, TELL US SOMETHING ABOUT EPISODE 3

I’m done :/

Vitamin Powered says:

I have this crazy hope that Valve are being uber-secretive, and at some point will send out a press release that says “Guess what comes out next week?”

• The Hammer says:

Holy shit Vitamin Powered – that’d be awesome.

• dragon_hunter21 says:

In re: Vitamin Powered:
      Dear god… Imagine if they pulled in the TF2 publicity department to run that!

If anybody from Valve is reading this, for god’s sake, do this!

• TheApologist says:

Please, Valve. Just…sniffle..please…for me…y’know…the guy that got all excited about the end of Ep2, and all intrigued about Portal in that world? Remember? That guy?

I just…I need something…just a little nudge…a screenshot…and maybe a hug.

• MadTinkerer says:

Vitamin Powered, that’d be awesome, but what would be really awesome would be “Weekend/Midweek Deal: Half Life 2 Episode 3. Oh yeah it’s out now.”

• Muzman says:

Vitamin Powered says:

…and it’s Left 4 Dead 3 :p

• kupocake says:

My money is on there never being an Episode Three. The fact of the matter is that brand recognition for the Half-Life 2 episodes was kind of undermined by the fact that most of the audience picked them up in the Orange Box, and only the hardcore even vaguely care about the series being fulfilled as trilogy. Having destroyed the citadel, dealt with the repercussions of its destruction and witnessed an amazing climatic cliffhanger, Episode Two is as good a place as any to draw a line and just go and make that proper full-blown sequel people have been itching for ever since Valve started fooling themselves with this Episodic nonsense.

• fulis says:

I’m kinda over HL2
      Sure, EP2 was a big improvement but I’m tired of the formula with the same enemies and guns. They’d need to switch it up a lot to get me really excited

• Blackberries says:

Kupocake: I’m pretty sure I remember that, at some point in the distant mists of the past, someone from Valve said that HL3 was unlikely, and that the episodes should be seen as the sequel to HL2.

Dammit. I want Ep 3.

• Kadayi says:

It’s been 3 years since EP 2. I fully expect Valve to announce HL2:EP3/Portal 2 and probably CS2 (for the multi-player element) as a bundle come E3 or some other gaming convention for release in Q4 this year.

6. Monkeybreadman says:

2010>2009

I am also done

7. westyfield says:

It’s gonna be a good year… some serious time management is needed if I’m to play half of the games I’m looking forward to! :)

And yes, Episode 3 news please.

8. catmorbid says:

Good thing you finally mentioned Mortal Online.

Vitamin Powered says:

My bank account took one look at this series and filed for separation.

Also, the Black Prophecy link needs fixing.

10. Bhazor says:

Still wondering why we haven’t seen anything of Max Payne 3 given it was supposed to be released months ago.

How the frick can they call it Trackmania 2 when theres been at least 5 games in the series?

Still. Yay for more games! Lets hope they all find an audience.

11. Magius Paulus says:

All games that i kinda look forward too this year are here. Perpetuum is defintely the star of this, although it infringes so many copyrights that i also doubt it will ever exist (long). Jumpgate Evolution looks nice too.
    Trackmania 2 is a tough one for me. I still play TM a couple of hours each week, and i actually see no reason at all for a sequel. As a matter of fact, i did bought it but didn’t need to, as the free edition packs all the fun. Still curious what the difference will be in addition to a graphic overhaul.

12. bookwormat says:

@Jim,

I’m currently playing the original Max Payne for the first time, and I’m curious what you think “did not age well” in this game? I experience a very good action game and it looks and feels great.

• Bhazor says:

Aye, I still see a tightly scripted roller coaster of man shoots which is always exciting and often very funny. Sure it loses impact after you finished it once but so does every other linear game. As far as graphics go it still looks pretty neat with good direction overcoming flat textures and low poly counts. Max himself has always looked like a wazzock.
      It still has the best bullet time mechanic I’ve ever seen.

• Nick says:

I think the problem is more that it is great the first time you play it but terrible to replay.

At least, that’s what a bunch of us felt when we tried to play through it again.

Vandelay says:

@Nick

Do people really think that? I’ve played both the original and the sequel many, many times and loved it each time. They really are action perfection. Sure, if you are someone that thinks calling a game linear is a negative, but I’m surprised about anyone else thinking such things.

And the comment from Jim was actually about the second game in the series, which I found to be infinitely superior to the original, with better level design, stunning graphics and over the top physics that made the action sections so much more like starring in your own John Woo film. I’ve not played either of them in a couple of years now, but I would be surprised if they still didn’t stand up well, particularly the sequel.

Not in interested in number 3 though. Very positive reviews, from fans of the originals, would have to change my mind on that.

• Nick says:

@Vandelay

Yeah, I haven’t a problem with linearity and I really enjoyed it the first time through but it felt a real chore the second, I was surprised how little I was having fun.

• Joflar says:

@Nick

Terrible is a pretty strong word. I can agree that a replay of the game is less fun than the first time you play through. I take issue with the idea that it doesn’t compare well to current games though. When you play more modern games like Stranglehold, Wanted, or Wet, the Max Payne series still stands out.

AndrewC says:

Joflar: You are not doing Max Payne many favours by comparing him to some of the more rubbishy games of this generation.

Also, what do you guys think of the noir-style story telling?

• Joflar says:

@AndrewC

Well they’re the games most comparable to Max Payne. Other stuff like Gears of War or Resident Evil are relatively slow.

13. shiggz says:

Can I ask who the two people are in the picture?

14. CMaster says:

Black Prophecy link is broken.
    Anyway, weird that nothing from that list really grabs me.
    I guess NS2 is a game that it can be almost guaranteed I will play, but I’m somewhat annoyed at their “it’s almost done guys, preorder it now” when it clearly wasn’t, hasn’t come out and all around appeared a very cynical effort to drum up funding for development that nobody has called them out on.
    Black Prophecy – well I do work for the biggest fansite for it but I’m sick of hearing about the game now and just want to play it and see if the damn thing is any good.

I hope Brink shakes up the “refrigerator” model of FPS gaming a bit, but beyond that I’m not convinced it will be a game for me.

As for DX3, I’d love more Deus Ex like gameplay. I’m not convinced that making more Deus Ex games is actually the way to achieve this.

15. Ian says:

Most interesting for WoW: Cataclysm is how they’re revamping much of the original Azeroth. Not sure whether Path of the Titans will be a great bonus but it’ll be a good reason to get stuck into exploring the revamped areas.

16. Paul says:

“Alec and I went back to look at Max Payne 2 last year, and it really hasn’t aged well. For a game that was the future of action, it really does look like a thing of the past.”

This is false. You two are crazy – even Max Payne 1 still plays well and looks great.Not to mention KungFu.

17. Jon says:

Heroes of Newerth is a game I’ve been playing regularly recently, it really is rather good. I would certainly recommend it, as long as you’re prepared for a rather steep learning curve.

18. Kid Amnesiac says:

Not to mention the incredibly unforgiving community, to put it kindly.

19. MadTinkerer says:

“Finally, don’t expect to see Half-Life 2: Episode 3 this year, however. It’s probably happening, eventually, but Valve aren’t saying anything. I’d put long odds on that one appearing before 2011.”

No mention of Portal 2 or Counter-Strike 2? They’re working on those too.

Also: Engie Update this year for sure!

• Stupoider says:

The only news I keep hearing of Counter Strike 2 is during those bloody Gametrailers.com interviews, where they pull you in with promises of “the scoop on Counter Strike 2″ only to cut to an interview with Gabe, Gabe being asked whether Counter Strike 2 is coming out, and then Gabe saying it ain’t happening.

20. crumbsucker says:

I have this crazy theory explaining the long delay of EP3: while in development, the project grew too big, and they will be releasing it as a full, proper sequel: HL3 or HL4 or whatever. And it will be the first game using the successor of the Source engine.

• jalf says:

I’ve got another theory. Valve is going to use all the money they’ve made on everyone buying at ludicrous prices from Steam, and will send every RPS reader $2000. It’s about as likely as yours.

• Blackberries says:

I think they just really want to make the last instalment of Half Life as good as it can be. Valve take things slow, and it’s unsurprising that this is especially the case for the final piece of the series which made them.

• Boldoran says:

Yeah but this “It has to be absolutly perfect” attitude can be pretty dangerous in software development. That line of thinking killed Duke Nukem Forever. But Valve being Valve might in fact pull it of. They took their Time with TF2 too.

• ManaTree says:

Of course. The difference between the teams is that Valve knows when to stop. Maaaajor difference. As evidenced by your example of TF2. And Christ, DNF lasted for what, 10-11 years? This is different.

• Blather Blob says:

@ManaTree: I agree with you about Valve showing that they know when to stop, but TF2 was very much equal to DNF regarding vaporware status until it came out. It was announced only a year after DNF, and it took 9 years until the orange box was released. Difference was, Valve learned at some point to stop talking about TF2 (or any of their games) while they switched engines and started over and over until it was ready to be released. DNF has been going 13 years (this April) since it’s first of many announcements, and they’re still encouraging rumors that it’s alive.

21. Dominic White says:

The offhand mention of Cactus amuses me. Whenever he sets out to make a larger game, he seems to get to about 70% completion and then just loses his energy, and starts work on something else. There’s about a half-dozen ‘major’ games he’s sitting on still.

Frustrating and amusing at the same time.

22. Heliocentric says:

Left 4 Dead 3 announced for christmas 2010. /troll

23. A Tonka Truck says:

Your 2011 predictions for Episode 3 just reeks of cynicism.

Also, hooray more half-baked MMOs that wont survive longer than a year after their “much anticipated” releases. I’m starting to think MMOs are the get rich quick schemes of the video game industry, and just like those schemes, most cases end in disappointment and failure and many developers losing their jobs.

• Jim Rossignol says:

And I’m the cynical one?

• invisiblejesus says:

“I’m starting to think MMOs are the get rich quick schemes of the video game industry, and just like those schemes, most cases end in disappointment and failure and many developers losing their jobs.”

I don’t think they don’t end in disappointment, failure and job losses because they’re MMOs, they end in disappointment, failure and job losses because they suck. When was the last time an MMO came out that was just plain good, and not “It’s pretty good, but…”? If someone actually put out a really good MMO, I expect it’d do pretty well, especially considering how insanely profitable even poorly-performing MMOs are.

• Xercies says:

I think to many people dismiss MMOs the first few months though, there could be a good game underneath all the bugs which get fixed after two months but no people are bored by then and gone on to the next thing. MMOs won’t get anywhere if there just another short term buy.

• invisiblejesus says:

@Xercies: That’s exactly why developers and publishers need to get away from the mentality of putting a game out and fixing it later. Today’s MMO is going to need to be mostly bug-free, well-balanced, and fun to play on day one if it wants anything more than a cult following. Otherwise gamers will just go back to WoW or some other existing MMO. When publishers understand that they need to budget for this, and developers understand that they need to make sure it happens rather than putting off bug fixes, balancing and general polish until after release, that’s when we might get the next huge MMO. Until then, we’re going to keep getting Age of fucking Conan, and gamers are going to react accordingly.

24. Vinraith says:

Out of that, Crysis 2 and Deus Ex 3 are the only items of interest, but in some ways I think you’re underselling the year.

No Disciples 3? No Fallout 3: New Vegas? No Witcher 2? Magicka? Age of Decadence (maybe there’s no chance that one will make it out this year)? Deathspank? Guild Wars 2 (not that it matters if NCsoft doesn’t fix their account security)? I suppose it’s too much to hope for a mention of things like Paradox’s Victoria 2 or AGEOD’s Rise of Prussia.

I understand that you cover what you want to cover and you only have so much time and so many resources, but I figure it doesn’t hurt to mention things I think you missed. Maybe some of these are in a forthcoming “unknown pleasures” feature, maybe you don’t care about some of them, maybe some of them don’t stand a chance in hell of being released in 2010, but regardless there they are.

Unless, of course, there’s a part 4. Then I’d just look like an idiot. :)

• Subject 706 says:

Word from the big country in the east is that Disciples 3 sucks in every area except the art. Which almost made be break down and cry. (Note that I base this on one russian review, and I don’t read russian, so I used the less than perfect Google translate.)

• Vinraith says:

@Subject706

Here’s hoping it was a bad translation, as that would, indeed, be very sad.

25. Shadowmancer says:

You forgot Left 4 Dead 3 in November!

26. Smurfy says:

I’m still betting on HL2: Ep3 at E3.

27. Thatim says:

Could I point out to the MMO Earthrise?

It has a release date in ’10 too, if things are going on schedule. It is based on MMO’s like EvE Online and other sandbox games.

I hope they will pull it off.

28. Blackberries says:

Nice spread of games this year, plus the usual unexpected delights that like to pop up now and then. Plus there’s The Old Republic to keep an eye on, or did that already slip to 2011?

Edit: Ah, damn, I see that it has indeed slipped.

29. Vadermath says:

For God’s sake Valve, just give us an Episode 3 trailer, if not the actual thing. Or at least a teaser.

Fuck, I’ll settle for a screenshot!

30. the wiseass says:

Do you really think Jumpgate Evolution will be out this year? These guys have been awfully silent and pushing back their beta release for more than a year now. I’m slowly losing faith :(

31. Heliosicle says:

Glad you got the MMO’s out of the way at once.

DX3, Crysis 2, Brink and Rage from that list.

I can’t wait for The Witcher 2, still need to finish Act V of the first though

32. Shalrath says:

“Heroes of Newerth is one of a whole bunch of games that is currently playable at a beta stage, but doesn’t yet have a definite release date. The Defense Of The Ancients type game from S2 games could be fairly popular this year, and we’re seeing lots of support for it from the traditional hardcore fans in that area.”

I’d like to point out that it’s really only played by the ‘traditional hardcore fans,’ and that they are utter assholes if it’s your first time playing – even in ‘newbie’ rooms.

I’ve never played with a more acerbic player base, and I played Counter-Strike for YEARS…

Wisq says:

All these lovely games are all well and good, but where’s my Dwarf Fortress, damnit?

Having been following Toady’s blog, it seems there’s been so much progress, and so many little bothersome bits turned into real dwarf-managed structures (mostly on the military side of things). Yet all that stuff is locked away from us, since we haven’t seen a release since 2008. :(

Thankfully, the “Future of the Fortress” thread has almost everything marked as “done” and is just waiting on a few more items. So I’m guessing we’ll see something in the spring. Hope hope. But it’s so hard to wait.

• Donkeydeathtasticelastic says:

I’ll be surprised if it’s released before March.

But then again, we all though shit was gonna be released, like… middle of last year.

34. Cooper says:

I hope – but in the knowledge that those hopes have probably already been dashed – that id pull something amazing out of their hats. Or pants.

id used to lead on PC tech by far, but the Doom3 engine was fairly lacklustre and lost out completely to Epic’s unreal engine. The list of games which use it is just obscene.

This is no real bad thing – it’s proven to be a very adaptable, modifiable and pretty soild engine.

Th source engine gets a mention too I suppose, but it’s not been adopted by big publishers in anywhere near the same way.

But there needs, I think, to be a bit more healthy competition here. The CryEngine was never really a proper contender, though I’d hope that might change

I’d like to see rage as a vehicle for some new engine tech. I get the feeling that may be less and less likely, and we’ll se another D3 engine which is passable, but ultimately doing nothing new and certainly not easy.

35. Jambe says:

You mentioned Jumpgate and Black Prophecy but honestly I’m most looking forward to Infinity. May well not come out this year, though.

36. Pantsman says:

Just because we haven’t heard anything about HL2 Ep3 yet doesn’t mean it won’t be out this year. L4D2 wasn’t even announced until mid-2009, and it still came out before the end of that year.

37. MD says:

Woo Trackmania!

38. cekman says:

The people in the picture are George Romney, a U.S. Republican governor who once ran for president, and his son Mitt, who went on to do the same.

If Mitt Romney actually is The Future, then we’ve got much bigger things to worry about than videogames. Although maybe The Secret World will have some useful tips on fighting the nefarious Mormon conspiracy.

• invisiblejesus says:

Dude, c’mon. Blaming Mormons for Mitt Romney is like blaming meat eaters for Jeffery Dahmer. Or blaming Jack Kirby for Rob Liefield. Or STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl for STALKER: Clear Sky. Cut a little slack! :P

• Vinraith says:

@cekman

I’m not a big fan of the Church of Mormon (mostly because of the organization’s various political involvements, I’ve nothing against individual adherents), but I have to agree with invisiblejesus on this one.

• Kadayi says:

I’m pretty sure Jim just looked for vintage public domain images of people pointing etc and found it. I doubt very much whether he is even aware who Mitt Romney is, or even cares.

39. shiggz says:

Thanks that is who I thought it was. Not sure what conspiracy we LDS are part of but I sounds like something exists in your own head. Harry Reid the idiot Democrat Senate Majority Leader is a convert like the idiot Glenn Beck a previous CNN talking head. Not exactly two fellas who are what might be called on the same side. Also more of our members live outside the US mostly in South America.

Mitt Romney was the Governor of Massachusetts who developed “RomneyCare” which is the nearly identical framework for what Obamas Heath care bill is based on. If you want to know why Mormons do well in politics its for the same reason Jews do well in their fields. In the American experience we who grow up as members are “outsiders” meaning generally despised by the far left and the far right.

George Romney (Mitts father) was the Governor of Michigan after being an executive at GM back in the 60’s (i think) . He successfully championed and brought American cars into the age of smaller economic models back then. He also ran against Nixon for the Republican nomination. Romney toured Vietnam he returned and during a TV interview complained of a “Brain washing” that the US generals their had given him. He meant it regarding a very one-sided propaganda like view of the so called impending success in Vietnam. However the media tore him apart for how could a man lead if he was that susceptible. And thus the term brainwashing became a national term.

Not exactly what I would call Illuminati or Rockefeller or CFR types.

• cekman says:

I apologize – I didn’t mean anything by the Mormon joke, and I certainly don’t actually believe in any nefarious conspiracy. I’m from Massachusetts, and I have reasons for disliking Mitt Romney, but his being a Mormon isn’t one of them. Sorry to have given offense.

• Muzman says:

There is this “conspiracy”, I guess.

Although it’s more to do with that Rammell guy’s hilarious crackpottery than typical LDS views, I’d think.

• Kadayi says:

Modest of him to name the healthcare bill after himself ;)

Also you state there’s no LDS conspiracy and then claim a special kinship between mormons involved in politics……….surely undermining your own argument ;)

40. Adam Whitehead says:

No mention of FALLOUT: NEW VEGAS? Given the lack of info or news, I’m guessing we won’t see it until late 2010, but I can’t see them taking too long over it, given the existing game engine and the fact they’ve been working on it for a while now.

As for HALF-LIFE, November 2010 will be the sixth anniversary of HL2 coming out, the same timeframe that elapsed between HL1 and HL2 (including development of a new engine from scratch plus the hacking controversy). We’ve had two-thirds of a game in that time, but no sign of the last bit, which is disappointing. In six years, using only a modestly updated engine, you’d have thought they could have released another full game’s worth of HALF-LIFE content.

41. Muzman says:

Is there an Unknown Pleasures to look forward to this year as well, btw?

They were cool.

42. Frosty says:

Apparently, Bioware reckons that TOR will be out Spring 2011, so that is one less MMO for the market to drown in.

Still, the game I’m looking forward to most is Brink. It seems so long ago I lost all those hours to Wolfenstein:ET

43. Little Miss 101 says:

So you will talk about WoW but not about Fallout: New Vegas. You should be shot in one eye and then buried alive >=(

44. Anthony says:

I’m eternally hopeful for Ep3 news, but there is no holding of the breath.

New Vegas it’s something I’m definitely looking forward to – especially with some of the former Fallout team on board, but the complete lack of any details since the initial announcement suggests that they’re either restraining hype (very un-Bethesda like these days) or they just don’t have enough to show yet.

Deus Ex 3 will intrigue me right up to the point where we find out it’s not particularly good, and then I will be sadface. I’m slightly more optimistic for Thief 4, since they would have to try particularly hard to mess that one up.

45. iQue says:

Trackmania 2

YES YES YES

46. shiggz says:

Many players in the NBA are black does that mean there is a black conspiracy in your mind?

Correlation does not imply causation.

47. CaptainCleanoff says:

I really don’t get peoples responses to the new Medal of Honor title. Opinions like: “as it’s bound to be a rehash of Modern Warfare 2″ just don’t make sense. Just because the title is a modern day military shooter does not make it a rehash of “Modern Warfare 2″.

MW2’s story line was an utter load of trash, poorly written, the game itself was nothing more than an arcadey action romp. The MoH title appears to be taking a far more realistic and authentic stance on the genre unlike CoD. MoH is based entirely in the Afghanistan War and takes place between 2001 and 2004.

The similarities? It’s based on a modern warfare scenario, it’s an FPS, you play a soldier… The difference, MoH is using a REAL conflict to tell it’s story. If you believe the hype they are also including SF/SOF operators as military advisors. I enjoyed MW2 for what it was, I’ll enjoy MoH just as much if not more. Plus DICE doing mulitplayer hopefully = win.

48. ZIGS says:

I just had to mention this one: Amnesia: The Dark Descent, from the makers of Penumbra

49. DrKeithCurrie says:

Games!!! Really enjoyable for everyone to kill time. Fighting games might be more enjoyable among two or more players. Above all Computer Games are the best way to kill idle time.

50. lissAdministrator says:

links of london sale
    [url=http://www.linksoflondonstore.com]links of london[/url] cool !