Duck Souper Mario Bros: Qwak Free-for-all

By Kieron Gillen on January 19th, 2010 at 11:02 am.

QWAKE ME UP BEFORE YOU GO GO, etc.

Remember when I raved about the PC-version of the ancient Amiga/BBC platformer Qwak? Well, if the thirteen quid-price-point turned you off, here is USEFUL NEWS. Jamie Woodhouse writes, saying that until the 22nd he’s taking a page from World of Goo and Crayon physics playbook, and doing a Pay What You Want sale. In other words, you can have a crack at the demo and then paypal what you want. I’m going to go and do it now. You can stay here and look at the video beneath the cut, if you like.

__________________

« | »

, , , , .

1. Richeh says:

THAT is what real retro amiga gaming looks like.

2. clippa says:

Yeah, reminds me of parasol stars :D

3. amesace says:

have a quack at the demo, surely?

have a gander at the demo?

4. clippa says:

have an egg at the feather, surely http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8G57DHffac

5. AndrewC says:

Are you avian a laugh, amesace? Orange you going to apologise for that? Those are the worst puns i’ve read in both yesterday’s anatidae’s RPS articles. That’s not a plate of duck soup but a platypus.

Yeah.

6. suibhne says:

Whoa, loading the original page of that video (by clicking on it) resulted in a big fake malware/virus warning, a resized screen, and a catch from my AV program. Clickers beware.

7. HermitUK says:

Bought this when you last raved about it. It’s awesome.

We really need a lot more Amiga (or at least that era) titles transferred to PC like this. There’s a massive back catalogue of games which would sit quite nicely alongside a lot of today’s indie fare.

8. Tye The Czar says:

9. Tye The Czar says:

PayPal? Hell no. I don’t want to have to deal with such a corrupt middle-man as them in order to get the game! Why can’t they just use Steam?

10. Lucas says:

I refuse to do business with PayPal.

11. Jamie Woodhouse says:

Okay, for all you PayPal haters out there!.. ;)

Send me an E-Mail, and I’ll send you a FREE copy. Only catch is; you have to make a donation to a charity of your own choice, to whatever amount you feel the game is worth. I’ll trust ya!

Jamie. :)

12. Chandrose says:

Now that sounds like a hell of a generous offer, and because of it I’ll be picking up a copy right now. Of course I’m not a Pay Pal hater, so I’ll just send my money to you.

13. Jamie Woodhouse says:

Offer has ended now (including offer for PayPal haters). Thanks once again to everyone who bought the game, every little bit helps; hope you enjoyed it. Thanks also to Kieron for the coverage!

Jamie. :)