Soldiering On: TF2 Propaganda Runners-Ups

By Kieron Gillen on February 4th, 2010 at 12:42 pm.

I didn't even mention the fact the Soldiers won. Despite the fact we did. Because we are best.

You remember the TF2 Propaganda compo, yes? You remember the winner, yes? Do you remember the runners-ups? If you do, you’ve been to the TF2 blog before we posted this. If you haven’t, go look, and prepare yourself of future remembrance of the awesome array of talent shown by the TF2-community. There’s just some brilliant stuff and I salute them all. The top image is by the delightfully named metalpiss. I’d go see a doctor about that, man. It’s not right.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Nero says:

There’s some great looking posters on there.

The “Most Convincing Argument for Learning How to Contract by One Pixel in Photoshop” gave me a good chuckle.

2. MinisterofDOOM says:

Some of those award names are brilliant.
    “Best Attempt to Make Demoman Look Like Billy Dee Williams ” and
    “Best Attempt to Make Soldier Look Melting ”

I love Valve.

3. Amqz says:

I’ll admit, I didn’t get that ”cease and desist from Bethesda”-poster.

4. Zaphid says:

Mine was probably too boring to win any of those prizes, oh well :( 11 000 participants is one hell of a competition.

5. Qjuad says:

That’s ace Zaphid! Though I confess it took me a shockingly long time to get the joke…

6. Hobbes says:

There are some secret super-special bonus posters if you change the image URLs:

likeness_2.jpg
    not_stolen_2.jpg
    sex_sells_2.jpg
    garrys_mod_2.jpg
    weapons_3.jpg

7. LionsPhil says:

I approve of these artistic shenanigans. “Best Alternate Entry by a Contest Winner” is, as could be expected, excellent; the Medic one’s a nice variation too.

Wrong period aesthetic in “Best Attempt to Raise Awareness About Sticky Bomb Tragedies”, but nicely done nonetheless.

8. Pod says:

The quality of art on that page makes me weep with joy.

9. A-Scale says:

I got a little bit of a boner from some of those. You know, the ones with the women.

10. Malibu Stacey says:

I would so use the “Run Bawbags” one as my spray in TF2 but it’s probably not very appropriate since I play Scout (or Sniper) & am pretty terrible as both Demoman or Soldier.

11. DJ Phantoon says:

Why did no one from RPS note the new TF2 game mode (albeit for serious types) with 1 of each class and 9 players max?

• Collic says:

It’s easy to miss since it’s buried in patch notes. It’s not a huge thing either, people have been playing highlander games for ages now. Nice to see a proper server cvar for it though. Maybe we’ll see it running on pub servers more often now.

12. Silverflash says:

That one was mine…. >_>

Done in 15 minutes in paint, just for fun.

Comment on this story