Moose Attack: Dead Rising 2 Trailer

By John Walker on February 12th, 2010 at 9:04 am.

This would be useful in competitive kayaking too.

There are some games you play, there are some games you watch. For some reason I only ever watched Dead Rising, as my former housemate – Xbox supremo Jon Hicks – slaughtered thousands upon thousands of zombies for my viewing pleasure. The sequel, cleverly called Dead Rising 2, is coming to PC too, and so it is that we may delight in the process. The new trailer, below, is a strangely crappy job. It has official Capcom logos on the front, and then looks like it was cobbled together by a seven year old who didn’t remember the music. Anyway, it importantly demonstrates that the sequel won’t be deviating from its purpose: killing zombies in ludicrous ways. I think the highlight below is not the double-ended chainsaw pole, but the moose head.

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. robrob says:

If only Bioware forgot to add music to trailers.

2. Brumisator says:

OH BABY!

One of the very few games I would have wanted an Xbox was dead rising, I’m so happy this is coming to PC!

It’ll probably be a crappy port, but alas, that’s all we ever get nowadays, so it’ll have to do.

• John Walker says:

Capcom’s ports have been mostly decent of late. They seem to be making an effort.

• Dominic White says:

The bad Capcom ports people remember (Devil May Cry 3, Resident Evil 4) werent’ done by Capcom. They were outsourced to Ubisoft, who fucked them up royally.

Ever since then, Capcom have been doing their ports in-house. Although they’re not really ports – all their 360/PS3 games have used the MT Framework engine, which is designed to be multiplatform from the start, and they use the PC as the base/control system, and tone down detail levels as required for the other two systems. DMC4, RE5, Lost Planet, etc – all PC-first.

Of course, Dead Rising 2 is an outsourced game, so there’s the question as to whether they’re using that engine…

• Jad says:

Indeed. I understand that the arcade version of Street Fighter IV (arguably the “lead” platform for a game like that) was just a stripped-down, Intel-powered PC stuck in a coin-operated arcade box. So, in a way, the console versions are actually PC ports. For a fighting game. Which is pretty cool.

• Gutter says:

@ Jad : Arcade aren’t “lead dev platform” since before I was born.

• Dominic White says:

Arcades are still going strong in Japan, and are where a lot of the most innovative games come out, doing things you just couldn’t do on a home system. Fighting games usually release in arcades several months before a more tweaked-and-tuned home release.

That said, SF4 is an MT Framework game, so yes, it runs on PC-based hardware even in the arcades.

3. Ian says:

“The sequel, cleverly called Dead Rising 2″

Where do these marketing geniuses get their crazy ideas?

• hoff says:

The sequel we will cleverly call “cleverly titled Dead Rising 2″ which is sarcastic but we still prefer it over actual clever titles like “Human (R)evolution”.

4. Don says:

From the look on our hero’s face he needs to make a beeline to the pharmacy and find some laxatives, he looks like he’s been constipated for weeks.

Aside from that it looks to be fun. Nice to be able to step into a mall full of zombies and not have them all look up, howl and start running towards you like Olympic sprinters.

5. LewieP says:

I like how the trailer warned me that it contained content for mature audiences.

…where?

6. Diogo Ribeiro says:

I’m really looking forward to this. The first DR (erm the game, not me) was pretty good in subtle ways, verging on the Robotron 2084/Smash TV camp with, well, loads of camp. This looks to be even more outrageous although I agree that this trailer is pretty ho-hum. Watched some trailers last year that had more meat, in terms of showing more segments of gameplay: been expecting the game ever since.

Yeah, the moose head is awesome and the wheelchair – both the normal one and the one with gatling guns on them – rocks as well.

7. TheApologist says:

Glad this is coming to PC so I can explore the violent possibilities contained in unusual head gear.

8. terry says:

Why do Gametrailers vids always display slightly off centre? Gah!

Anyway, I had a bit of fun with the first one so I’m looking forward cautiously to this (caution is always advisable in a zombie apocalypse I find) despite it looking a little daft.

• Richard Clayton says:

@terry: I get this too. Full screen the video and then minimise it back

tomeoftom says:

I also get the same. If you can, don’t pause it until two or three seconds in of streaming, as that can make the visuals black out, leaving the sound running.

9. Ace says:

That chainsaw rig would not work that way.

• Cinnamon says:

And he would break his neck with that antlers trick.

I miss the days when a shower head to the skull or a being cut in two with a over sized garden shears was enough to satisfy our dark cravings for gore and dismemberment.

10. simon says:

First, the gyroscopic effect of the chainsaws would make the double-chainsaw-on-a-paddle very difficult to wield.

Second, what’s the main character’s name, Tallahassee? Is there a Bill Murray cameo in the game?

• Diogo Ribeiro says:

Who cares? This isn’t Fallout 3 trying to explain its incongruences withy Science!, it’s a game that gorges on being fun and ridiculous like most games should be.

11. Jeremy says:

Somehow, somewhere, I’ve seen that moose head before. Did RPS not do something about this earlier? There can’t possibly be another game where you kill zombies with a moose head.

• JB says:

@ Jeremy – There was a Running Man/Smash TV type game with zombies as the opponents on the “gameshow”. There was a dude in the video for that with metallic “moose” antlers (horns? antlers?).

Sorry, can’t remember the game name.

• Man Raised By Puffins says:

It was called “Dead Rising 2″.

• JB says:

Ah, Mr Puffins, that’s the one. For some reason I’d forgotten the name. =)

• Jeremy says:

Aha! I knew I’d seen that animation before.

12. Sharpblue says:

Dead Rising was one of my favourite games on the xbox and one of the few i still keep going back to when i need a bit of stress relief =) I even did the zombie genocider achievement to get mega mans blaster. Well worth the hassle as its an awesome weapon for the slaughtering of zombies and particularly useful for taking out the psychopaths.

13. kai says:

I hope there’s no time limit this time.

14. Clovis says:

This is coming to the PC now? That’s pretty risky. There’s not really an established zombie killing genre on the PC like on consoles …

• salejemaster says:

erm left 4 dead, which is the alpha and omega of zombie games is almost an pc only game since it’s crap for the consoles, and gazillion zombie mods for hl…yeah…

• dan :/ says:

Wow, the sarcasm just flew right on by, didn’t it?

• Gutter says:

Don’t worry, it will become a console exclusive somewhere down the line.

Labeling it as a PC game allow dev to get exposure in community bigoted against consoles.

• Pundabaya says:

Left 4 Dead is not a zombie game, as the enemies you face are clearly not zombies!

15. The Diddler says:

lmao @ the wheelchair !! They should have attached the chainsaws on the wheelchair instead on the bike !!

16. Ghrttg says:

I found it to be a nice trailer, actually. Actual gameplay footage and no generic rock/metal crap music… That’s stuff I’d like to see more often !

17. LionsPhil says:

Moose!

Also, lack of music, and lack of stupid subtitle, are good things. “2”. It is a good number for a sequel. Also, visible gameplay!

18. RogB says:

aswell as forgetting the music, someone forgot to animate his face.

19. the wiseass says:

There, I fixed the music for y’all:

Dead Rising 2 feat. Monster Magnet – Space Lord

20. Cassette Kids says:

Too many chainsaws everywhere. Last time I enjoyed a chainsaw was in Vice City. Couldn’t they think of a better weapon?

21. Gutter says:

“cleverly called Dead Rising 2″

I love British humor, asking “What are the odds” every time a book, movie or a game is named the same as one of the protagonist.

22. Phydaux says:

He doesn’t seem to have a camera. I guess I won’t be able to take pictures.

23. SH4RKY says:

looks like a ps2 game. clunky physics. should be fun….

24. l1ddl3monkey says:

CAPCOM: We f**kin’ hate zombies!

25. Initialised says:

Wheel chair bound zombies! Nice one, haven’t seen that since Dead Set!

Shame Valve didn’t have the gut’s to put the charger in a wheelchair.

26. jsdn says:

I like the part where he casually holds a 5kg sledgehammer with just his thumb.

27. aion database says:

I love this game! Zombie killing is just my thing. LOL..By the way, have you guys watched the movie Zombieland? It just reminds me of this game.