Line-up: Max & The Magic Marker Demo

By Kieron Gillen on February 17th, 2010 at 8:36 am.

Not as magic a marker as something I've just thought of.

Originally a Wiiware game, I notice this drawing/platformer is now on the PC. You can get the demo from here and then consider buying it, for cash money. With me getting seethingly angry with a Jean advert yesterday, I can’t help but think that someone should do a drawing-style game with an adbusting motif. Take that one, developers. Make it so. Until then, a trailer staring Max and the magic marker, follows…

I’d have written it so Max was delusional, claiming his marker is magic while vandalizing everything in his suburban town.

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Munken says:

Was it the new Levi one? It probably should have made me angry but I was just marvelling at how they managed to make the BRUTALIST (that is always spelt brutalest in my mind, as a warning to other forms of architecture) UEA look soft, lovely and full of people with obscene cheekbones.

• noom says:

Is it more annoying than the fucking Citreon advert? John Lennon must be spinning in has grave right now.

• Sonicgoo says:

People still watch ads?

*only uses tv for footie*

2. Tom O'Bedlam says:

That pissing advert has had me wanting to take to the streets with firebombs and a machete.

3. lhzr says:

i found this more fun than crayon physics, prolly ’cause of my fondness for jumpnruns.

4. Ian says:

What jeans ad??

Chaz says:

Yes what is this jeans ad of which you speak.

Surely it can’t be worse than those T-Mobile adverts that make want to commit mass murder?

5. RogB says:

something in that music keeps reminding me of Dangermouse.

6. terry says:

Don’t draw attention to the ad! You are just falling into their trap!!

*Hasn’t any idea what the ad is

This looks like Crayon Physics with a tiny guy. Cool, I guess.

7. Kieron Gillen says:

That’s the reason I didn’t mention it. It’s mentioned yesterday on my twitter, for those who are that intrigued.

KG

• Ian says:

I’d checked your Twitter, but I’m still not sure what specific [brand] ad I’m looking for. Is it a billboard or one of them big video screen thingmys?

• Kieron Gillen says:

Any of the ones in the current campaign would do, but I describe the poster, in all its detail in a tweet.

KG

• Richard Beer says:

I saw your ejaculation on Twitter yesterday but I still have no idea what you’re talking about, and I work in advertising!

• Ian says:

Ahh, I’d never even checked to see if that next one seemed related. Because I’m a dunce.

Anyway, have found a page with all sorts of billboards for [brand]’s new campaign now. Oh dear.

I can’t decide if they, as a whole, don’t get the idea for their campaign or if the person who had the idea has been locked in a room and not allowed to explain it to the people making the posters, etc.

8. Mike says:

Jesus, that demo was a lot harder than I thought it’d be. Really clever stuff.

9. find coupon says:

I have seen the video and its fantastic and so much fun.I surely play this game and also will share with my friends.Keep sharing.

10. Kelerian says:

I loved Harold and the Purple Crayon as a child, and was immediately reminded of it. It seems to be an interesting implementation of the idea. (See also: Crayon Physics)