Hard Surface: Just Cause 2 Trailers

By John Walker on February 23rd, 2010 at 10:00 am.

See, even this screenshot seems to promise more than I can believe the game will deliver.

Can Just Cause 2 really be as good as the expectations being raised by the trailers? Oh sweet hairless Moby on a tricycle, I hope so. But perhaps I’ve just stumbled upon the real reason behind BioWare’s marketing campaign for Dragon Age! They could have released it as a Disney movie tie-in third-person platformer and it would have felt like a better game than we were expecting. Avalanche haven’t thought this through at all well. And as further proof, below the jump are two more trailers for the game that radomaj demanded we post. Both made me laugh at loud and anticipate like a beast.

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. kai says:

“Hard Surface” should become a meme.

2. Ian says:

HARD SURFACE.

3. Schmung says:

Please let it be good, please let it be good, please let it be good.

4. GT3000 says:

Please let it be HARD SURFACE. Please let it be HARD SURFACE. Please let it be HARD SURFACE.

5. Gorgeras says:

‘Hard surface’ is now a meme.

*Cuts tape*
    *Catapulted into the air*
    *Hard surface*

6. Skusey says:

Have they released any multiplayer details? I want to Hard Surface actual people.

7. Psychopomp says:

I don’t care if this game is good or bad anymore.

Fitzmogwai says:

Thank christ this is being published by Eidos and not Ubisoft.

9. SanguineAngel says:

Ok, I’ll admit it. I hadn’t been fully grabbed by this game. But I have just been sold on it. That was awsome.

dog says:

really quite amazing promos… can’t wait to play this…. the first one always had potential but i found the missions to be a bit crap…

• Gorgeras says:

I’m playing through the first and wishing I could do some of the stuff I’ve seen in the sequel.

• Dominic White says:

The first game was a decent first-gen 360 game (and far better on the 360, too – the PC version looks really bad by comparison, for some reason), but it definitely felt like a skeleton from which a much cooler game could be wrapped around.

Pity I’ve not heard anything about online co-op on this one. The dumber and more freeform a game is, the better co-op makes it. Anyone who has tag-team rampaged through Saints Row 2 can agree with that.

• PHeMoX says:

“the PC version looks really bad by comparison, for some reason”

Stop trying to run games on your Pentium 3 machine…

Just Cause 1 looks great on PC as well, there’s hardly a true visual difference.

• Dominic White says:

No, seriously. The PC version looks terribad. I’d take footage myself (my PC can handle Crysis on maxed out detail quite nicely), but someone else did the comparison:

I think they may have used the PS2 instead of 360 version as the basis for the PC port. A bunch of other games have done this, including the recent Iron Man and Hulk games

11. Hypocee says:

I still can’t help grinning when Gametrailers warns me that these videos contain ‘mature content’.

• PHeMoX says:

I always hope they will look at the statistics people enter, because I always try to enter 1900 as my year of birth just to fck with them.

It doesn’t make sense anyway. As if a 14 year old hasn’t already seen Terminator Salvation or Pulp Fiction. Kids these days have seen more x-rated and mature stuff on normal TV and the news than ever has been in a trailer on gametrailers dot com.

• terry says:

I seem to remember a study done of these things and funnily enough the most popular birthdate is January 1st. Whoda thunk?

12. WilPal says:

I HARD SURFACE’d with laughter.

Hahaha, my captcha is “LULD”. How appropriate.

oceanclub says:

Please let the PC controls not be a load of shite and please let the vehicles not handle like wild pigs.

P.

14. Auspex says:

How do you anticipate “like a beast”?

15. PHeMoX says:

“Hairdo still perfect.”

Hahaha.

AndrewC says:

Well kinda, but only if, on *really* close calls, they’ve programmed in mussed-up hair.

16. Jakkar says:

Hard.

Surface.

Sounds like commentary-slang during a sport-submarine regatta.

17. Cool Bananas says:

Preordered this today :>
    Can’t wait.

Spork says:

Just preordered. We get a real map and everything.

<dons bee suit>
    I don’t like kicking the hornets’ nest, but I’m surprised at the lack of rage due to XP being unsupported. Perfectly OK for me but after the hate for Shattered Horizons it seems a bit quiet.
    <jumps into pond>

19. mrrobsa says:

Skies…so blue…
    Looks special.

20. terry says:

No XP, no sale :-)

Err… that was supposed to be a reply. Anyway…

• Heliocentric says:

I too am a bit disappointed on the xp front. But whats the cheapest legal way to get 7? Oem has been canned now or something right?

• Heliosicle says:

there was a deal for people in education where you could get it for £30, it ended on 1st Jan though

• D says:

MSDN Academic Alliance membership gives a free windows 7 (including tons of other products). If you’re in a university as a computer student, they might (probably?) be a member. Worth a check.

However it still needs a dvd-drive or a usb stick to install. I’ve had the iso for months O.o

• balooba says:

Officially the UK £30 education deal ended but if you hunt around Microsoft’s ‘Education partners’ do it for around £33-35. There’s two or three of them, I can’t remember the names though.

• elyscape says:

Most MSDNAA programs offer two copies of Win7, actually, as you can get a separate key for Win7 x86 and Win7 x64, but both keys work on either.

• Vinraith says:

For me it’s not the expense of an upgrade nearly so much as its the trouble. That, and I’m mildly appalled by the list of games in my regular rotation that aren’t Win 7 compatible.

21. Heliosicle says:

HARD SURFACE

I’m totally buying this.

22. hairypotato says:

Time to install Win7 on another partition. Not giving up the XP, though!

23. Wedge says:

I think it depends on the college, mine also has it open to engineering and architecture majors.

• Wedge says:

Crazy reply buttons, that was supposed to be in reply to the windows 7/msdnaa post.

24. CJohnson03 says:

The hovercraft trailer made me laugh, dragging the guy across the entire continent. He just keeps screaming..

25. jj says:

Y’all just got HARD SURFACE’d.

26. l1ddl3monkey says:

I hope the screaming isn’t just something that’s been added on afterwards. It adds a whole extra degree of funny to this.

27. ManaTree says:

I normally don’t comment on trailer articles, but wow, I seriously got HARD SURFACE’D into awesome.

Are there any details on the multiplayer of this yet? And the mapmaking? I could see mapmaking being supremely fun with this game.

Also, shame on you XP people! I can understand if you don’t have money to upgrade to W7, but you’re just holding back the success and advancements of what is a solid OS upgrade, otherwise.

28. Ricc says:

Their trailer making people are fucking geniuses…

Rhygadon says:

I’m reminded of my favorite line from the Tick (the original indie comic, before it was a show). The Tick falls off a building, and says (paraphrasing from memory):

“Aha! I’ll bounce off that flagpole and land safely!”

(flagpole breaks under his weight, he continues falling with the flagpole held under his arm; next panel is his view of the approaching sidewalk)

“Aha! I’ll bounce off that broad, flat surface and be in a lot of pain!”

30. Shadowcat says:

I always like how “Just Cause” looks awfully like “Just ’cause”. It’s like someone asked “Why did you do that?!” right before the title appears in answer at the end of each trailer. I imagine that this is entirely on purpose.