War For Cybertron – First Footage

By Jim Rossignol on February 26th, 2010 at 8:04 am.

Well, it’s supposed to be the first footage of Transformers: War For Cybertron, and I think there’s some in-game snapshots in there, but this is one of those cases where it’s hard to judge precisely where the FMV ends and the in-game stuff takes over. So that means it’s looking pretty spectacular and, dare I say it, “cinematic”… Ooh, I had a little shudder there.

Robo-biff will be arriving on 22nd June.

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Gareth says:

This looks exactly like how a Transformers game should be… except it has a horrifying lack of The Touch by Stan Bush.

• Cypher3au says:

It’ll probably start playing if you massacre enough decepticons in a row without taking a scratch, accompanied by an appropriate power-up, both in recognition of the ass-kicking you’ve already accomplished, and in anticipation of you further driving your gigantic metal foot up decepticon ass.

• Andy says:

The only appropriate power up would be that instead of a sleek sports car, your character now transforms into a family friendly SUV.

• Serdren says:

Damn right! Also Dare by Stan Bush is required.

… very occasionally I miss the 80’s.

2. Spod says:

I can’t possibly imagine it’ll be anything utter than total guff.

‘Tis awfully shiny though.

3. Lemon scented apocalypse says:

why is it the spamotron munches up my innocent musings on pom bears and leaves this monster to burn the eyes of all and sundry?.Why i asks you? WHYYY????
    *ahem* Im off to break something

• The Dark One says:

The future DLC obviously involves purchasing branded footwear for your in-game character. Of course, the boots themselves are transformers too, just backwards ones (looking like a mundane object when their owner is in robot form and vice-versa). In terms of gameplay, the things acts like a pet from a fantasy rpg. In footwear-mode it gives you some stat bonuses, but when it transforms it’s able to cast its own devastating attacks.

4. Pew says:

I came.

Let’s hope the.. eh… what do you call it… ah, the gameplay holds up?

5. Shadow Aspect says:

You can’t argue with Timberland boots, they’re so outdoorsey

6. Lanster27 says:

Well, this can’t be worse than the two movie games.

7. Gareth says:

Anonymous Coward said:
    Well, this can’t be worse than the two movie games.

That’s just tempting fate right there.

8. Darren says:

Looking forward to this. I mean, really, who would argue that we all do not need boots?

Oh, the game looks sweet. I can only hope that the game play holds up like the graphics do.

Finally….I must ask a question of you all.

Do YOU have the touch?

9. 57005 says:

i know i shouldn’t be as hyped as i am now, it’s the dejavu of seeing sonic game trailers of the past decade

10. Gareth says:

Cypher3au said:

Beats the Shia LaBeouf power up when you run away shouting “Nonononono” and in general, become an utter dickhead.

• l1ddl3monkey says:

Shia Lebouf has a special remit to utterly destroy things I remember fondly from my youth. Transformers, Indiana Jones… What’s next Lebouf? Oh, the Wall Street sequel you say? Yeah that’d be about right…

• Lemon scented apocalypse says:

Whats that? Shia Ledouche?

11. Phil H says:

Looks like a pretty solid aesthetic, some sort of mesh of G1 and Bay that leans towards the former. Here’s to hoping its anywhere near as fun at the Transformers PS2 game.

• Dominic White says:

Yeah, this is the yardstick that I measure all Transformers games by, now. “Is it as good as the Melbourne House game?”. If it isn’t, then I just cease caring.

I can’t wait for PS2 emulation to really hit full stride, and for my PC to get beefy enough to run that game at some fantastic super-high resolution.

12. Catastrophe says:

They seem to have to original look of the robots done well, and the transforming looks feasable, so far it looks interesting, but lets hope the gameplay holds up.

I’ve dreamed of a day when a good transformers game would be released.

13. Wednesday says:

Looks slightly Gears of Warsy at moments.

I predict a waist high wall shooter.

• Mr_Day says:

Except, by our standards, they would be 2 story high wall shooters.

14. MajorManiac says:

Personally I think the best Transformers game that will ever be made, has already been around for some time.

It may pretent not to be Transformers, but we all know its in disguise – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mZZiI4ShQ

Watching that intro made the hairs on the back off my neck stand up. I must find the old CDs and reinstall it.

15. SirKicksalot says:

The game might seem like Gears of Transformers in screenshots, but there is no cover system

The opening Autobot mission I was shown began with Bumblebee racing down a Cybertron highway, under fire from Decepticons.

The gods have smiled upon us!

16. ruaidhri.k says:

its late. its friday. its two bottles of wine in my belly.

its transformers wit me running around an enormous boss in a circular motion until his three defences are destroyed and pre programmed attacks are beaten.

psit took a lot of retyping to get this post legible so you kids better appreciate it!

bah

17. Spacewalk says:

Still not what I’m after in a Transformers game, which would be a Super Robot Wars copycat that does all of Generation 1 including the Japanese continuity.

18. Hmm-Hmm. says:

Transformers.. Whee!

Although I run the risk of judging a game by a trailer, it does look a bit.. less than interactive.

Oh man, what if it’d offer multiplayer matches in big Cybertronic arenas, for example.. but yeah, probably not.

19. bill says:

If the movies had been THAT then i’d have been very happy.

20. WilPal says:

Optimus Prime doesn’t need boots you idiot.

21. l1ddl3monkey says:

Am I the only one who finds it amusing that the advertisers have found their way into a post about the Transformers game. Y’know – commercialism, franchise, product placement etc etc.