It’s Blitzkrieg: Order of War: Challenge Demo

By Kieron Gillen on March 6th, 2010 at 11:16 am.

Hmm. RPS sort of forgot about Order of War after its demo was released. Men of War devoured our RTS playing time in 2009, basically. We don’t even know if it was any good. Metacritic says… no, not really. It must have done reasonably, however, as a demo of its expandalone follow-up has just been released. It’s taking a more multiplayer approach, it seems, with the demo allowing you to play the three sides in six of the game modes. Game modes involving tanks! Almost certainly the best of the game modes. The game is out at the end of next week, you can get the demo from here or watch the trailer below.

, , , , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Inigo says:

Personally, I am more interested in the upcoming War of War: Warring Wars and War 2 – This Time It’s War.

2. Jonas says:

That’s not a very good trailer voice-over. And what’s with the repeated “instante” typo?

I dunno…

3. Caboose says:

I’m leaning more towards Modernfield: Call of Battlefare 2. I’ve been playing nothing but RTS’s games after Company Of Warhammer 2: Opposing Chaos came out and I desperately need a solid FPS game to fill the gap. I will defiantly play the demo of WoW: WWAW2 – TTIW when it comes out though

4. Thirith says:

Not that it matters much, but it’s “Blitzkrieg”. Lazy spelling in foreign languages, unless it’s for humorous purposes *and actually funny*, irks me. (Of course now people are fully justified in calling me a “spelling nazi”…)

• Kieron Gillen says:

Don’t worry. I do lazy spelling in my own language too.

KG

• pedant says:

Trust me, as a scandi it’s even worse seeing anglo saxon people use your language but omitting dots. WTF is a smorgasbord? Smörgåsbord (ie table of butter geese).

No to mention when they add them, in the UK there is a brand of posh ice cream called Gü but every time I’ve heard anyone say it it comes out like Gu. Pick one!

(at least you are not a lone nazi now…)

• Bret says:

If there weren’t so many dots, you might have a point.

As is?

Other languages don’t use so many. Take it as a hint.

Alternatively, some of us don’t have those symbols on our keyboards, and the meaning is clear either way.

5. cliffski says:

typical rts trailer. Absolutely fuck-all in-game footage. Nothing but FMV and in-engine scripted sequences,
    As usual, if I want to see hwo the game looks when playing, I’d need to go to youtube.
    bah.

6. Fumarole says:

I played the demo, it wasn’t that great. And I’ve played many a WW2 game.

7. Svenska says:

Wow, that might have been the worst trailer I’ve ever seen.

Where was the german heavy metal?

8. pedant says:

Right here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frXiaWpqqL0 From the much nicer game which RPS made me buy and love.

9. EBass says:

Rubbish game, avoid.

10. malkav11 says:

Order of War was really dull.

• proton says:

Orderof War multiplayer was great – still having a game or two every now and then. Hope that with Challenge they’d add something new.

11. JeCa says:

I actually liked the trailer for what it did; showing of tons of in-game footage as opposed to prerendered cinematics and explaining what’s added in the expansion.

The actual game still looks pretty rubbish though.

12. leeder_krenon says:

fuck me, this game was boring. and i generally make time for any WWII shit.

13. Mirsa says:

I think normally if you want to see how what the game is like, you need to watch the gameplay video. Definitely none would add gameplay into a short trailer. I personally cant say whether the game will be good or shit before downloading and actually playing that.