“Gabe Confirms Episode 3 Cancelled”

By Kieron Gillen on March 30th, 2010 at 11:00 am.

This is a lot of photoshopping for a cheap gag.

No, don’t panic. Calm! Calm! That’s how Chris W’s friend informed him via tweet that there won’t be a third episode of the Penny Arcade games. Wot a bast! Anyway, despite Hothead previously saying they’ll do it despite sales of Episode 2 being a third of Episode 1. Hothead plan to concentrate on DeathSpank, but finish the actual narrative on their website. More info on Shacknews and Joystiq, who broke the story. All in all, a bit of a shame.

1. Fazer says:

The funny thing is, I bought PA Episode 2 a couple of days ago – and the day after this info came out. Couldn’t had better timing.

2. MagnusGman says:

I was scared when I saw the headline, but I’m am still sad to that game canceled.

I enjoyed the Precipice of Darkness games :(

3. gwog says:

This is fucking bullshit. I was really looking forward to the next PA ep.

4. derp says:

APRIL FOOOLS!!!
    derp

5. Nighthawk says:

oh well if they’re not going to finish Half Life 2 might as well go kill* myself since there’s nothing more to live for.

(*stop playing computer games)

6. Enshu says:

Damn, and here I was thinking “they decided to abandon all things episodic and make HL3 .__.

7. Shaolin Dave says:

I was actually looking forward to OTRSPOD ep 3 more that HL2 ep 3. Well, I guess this puts HL2 back at the top of my list.
    I’m very disappointed with everyone at Penny Arcade and HotHead. I want a refund for episodes one and two. If I go to work and only do half my job, I don’t get half paid, I get fired.
    Everyone at HotHead should consider new careers as well, obviously they don’t have what it takes to make games. Maybe they should look into fast food?

8. Sunshine says:

Well played, I laughed at your wicked trick, and the comments cursing you for it.