Vroom Or Similar: netKar Pro v1.1 Final Demo

By Kieron Gillen on April 6th, 2010 at 12:30 pm.

Get the fuck off my bonnet

Final Demo does make this sound somewhat ominous, as Kunos Simulazioni know something that none of us does. Let’s spare no further thought for imminent Armageddon – because it’s too late to do anything about that now – and go straight to linking this demo version (which can apparently be unlocked to the full thing). More details on netKar’s site. In short: a simulation with more details. The latest footage I could find of the open Beta is beneath the cut…

And netKar’s punctuation is very silly.

, , , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola

AndrewC says:

WHAT IS THE DRIVER MOVING THE STEERING WHEEL WITH?

• El Stevo says:

@AndrewC:

He has a psychic groin.

• Wulf says:

Telekinetic groin!

…what a hilarious concept.

…the things you could do with that…

…I’m going to stop thinking about this, now.

• Jason Moyer says:

Moving hands/wheel is probably the worst feature in any racing sim, and the first thing I disable if the option is available (and if it’s not, it typically doesn’t last long on my HD). It looks really silly having 2 sets of hands/wheels moving around when you’re driving.

2. Mathew Jensterle says:

It’s obviously a paraplegic with one of those brain-computer interfaces.

3. bill says:

Avast says the netKar site has a trojan.

No idea if it’s correct or not.

4. Bloke says:

Credits will do fine

5. Rei Onryou says:

Header image alt text is brilliant. Also the tags.

• Wulf says:

Agreed! Especially the Staring Eyes thing. It’s curious why that’s such a common problem throughout gaming (except Valve, who seem to have it nailed).

6. Wulf says:

I wish I could be into something like this, but all the teeny, tiny illegible text is absolutely terrifying to me, my ageing eyes would despise me for playing something like that.

Oh well… at least I still have Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast, and I do love me some Outrun.

…this article has now convinced me that I need to play Coast 2 Coast again, and I all ready have far too many games to get through! D:

7. Bonedwarf says:

I am an avid sim racer. Hardcore into it. NetKar is amazing, but two things prevent me from buying it.

1) NO FUCKING AI! Which is fucking stupid. Ordinarily wouldn’t be a HUGE problem except…

2) A friend who owns it says the online is very quiet.

So basically you have to ask yourself: Do you just want to hotlap? Because if you actually want to race, you could very well be SOL.

For sims I’d recommend, in order, GTR2, GTR Evolution, rFactor, Live for Speed.

Until such time as they add AI, NetKar (fuck them and the way they write it) is largely pointless.

8. Bonedwarf says:

So no credit system? So you don’t get paid for driving the car.

No wonder F1 drivers are so fucking miserable.

9. Xitax says:

Hmm, the track in the video is clearly Spa Francorchamps, however no mention of it on the site under the tracks section.

And no AI… oh well. Not really interested considering I already have rFactor.

10. Supertonic says:

Nothing beats Grand Prix 4. Nothing.

11. Bassism says:

I think I’m going to have to give this one a download. I’ve been meaning to give it a shot for ages.

Sadly, however, I’ve been sucked into iRacing, and don’t see how yet another sim can really fit in. iRacing does online racing better than I can imagine anything else doing it, and I have no urge to race against AI anymore.

All the same, word on the street is the nkp engine is very good.