By Lewis Denby on April 7th, 2010 at 11:06 am.
OH CRAP, IT’S ALMOST WEDNESDAY. Which means I’ve spent the last seven days forgetting to compile a list of the latest interesting mod-happenings, and since Gentleman Jim needs my copy by tonight, I’m having to do it all now. Even though I should totally be tidying my flat, which I also forgot to keep on top of this last week. Right then. Mods. Here’s your lot.
– Ooh, a truckload of Just Cause 2 mods. Particularly interesting is talk of a multiplayer mod. The only thing more brilliant than tethering people to other people would be tethering real people to other real people.
– No idea what the name’s about, but Thieveous looks rather interesting. It’s a Doom 3 sneak-em-up, looking a bit like Thief and thus being the second exciting prospect in Doom 3-based stealthing in recent times. Here‘s a big news update, with images and videos. They might want to think about scaling back the HDR lighting, since it almost made me blind.
– HL2 mod Tension features first-person grappling-hook platforming. Which should sell you on it already, I’m sure. The team’s also posted an interesting video about how the level design style has progressed through the testing process.
– Still on Battlefield but two centuries earlier, Eve of Destruction has a new version out.
– Firearms: Source drops dedicated servers and introduces something called FANet.
– HL2 scary-spooky mod Visage is looking very promising. Here’s some new info and media.
– ModDB starts charging for membership OH NO THAT WAS AN APRIL FOOLS DAY JOKE AS WELL. At least, I /assume/ it was. Writing up news from the 1st April is a /nightmare/. I wish we just stuck fish on each other’s backs like the French.
As usual, here’s the obligatory plug for UserCreated, where you can quite literally read blog posts about mods. Ta-ra!