Global Free Trial On The Agenda

By Jim Rossignol on April 15th, 2010 at 10:39 am.

Hi-Rez send word that their free trial for Global Agenda, which is now also available via Steam, allows anyone to play the game for free, up to level fifteen. You can even create eight different characters along the way, so you get a taste of the different mechanisms. Personally I always enjoyed the nippy little recon chaps, because you had a sword, could turn invisible, and jump like a Kung Fu hero. Admittedly, I also got a bit tired of the game before I got properly stuck into the territorial conquest stuff, but the PvP generally is fun, and it’s definitely worth taking a look at for free.

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Ryx says:

Played this in the beta. Not worth my time imo.

• Howl says:

It’s so bad. It’s Guild Wars meets Team Fortress 2 but fails horribly at trying to be an FPS or a pseudo-MMO/RPG.

Not even worth the bandwidth to downloada free trial, imo.

2. clippa says:

I don’t do subscription fees so I only ever played the “free” part of the game. I played as a recon and it was great fun, gets tiresome after a month or so but great fun while it lasts.

I already have this game and steam started downloading the free trial separately and when I told it to get rid, it deleted the free trial AND the full game.
    I’ve been playing nothing but bad company 2 for a while now so I’m not going to download the whole ruddy thing again just on the off chance that I’ll fancy the odd game in the future.

3. mbp says:

You really don’t have to make an awkward pun out of every post title.

No, seriously, you REALLY don’t have to make an awkward pun out of every post title.

Schaulustiger says:

RPS without sometimes horrible title puns? Don’t want.

• The_B says:

If there isn’t at least a 80% quota of terrible pun headlines, IT ISN’T RPS.

• Vague-rant says:

See, I’d argue that alot of the “puns” used aren’t actually puns, but rather general word play. Theres no double meaning there, simply the connection you make.

Could even just be a coincidence, John may just like wording things in a funny way.

(Also, good job, titles awesome)

• Ian says:

Ignore mbp.

<3 silly titles.

4. Inverness says:

I don’t touch MMO’s unless they have trials or I know what I’m getting into ahead of time. So now I can finally see if this is worth my time.

5. gaga says:

glubul uganda =

El_MUERkO says:

I played some of the free trial and I can honestly say that Global Agenda has the most retarded community in the history of online gaming.

• jon_hill987 says:

There are some very retarded online communities so that must be really bad.

• Choca says:

Anything that looks slightly like an MMO and is at least partly free is bound to have a really horrible community.

• The Great Wayne says:

I concur with Logo. Trying to play a bit of DotA or anything vaguely ressemblant (I’m thinking heroes of newerth) usually ends up redefining your vision of an “awful community”.

7. Ovno says:

I bought the game and had fun for about a month bit but with the open world stuff being limited to people in agencys/alliances I never got to see any of the cool stuff…

8. Laggy Toes says:

That’s not entirely true. Many of the folks left after the beta since they didn’t actually change the game AT ALL upon release. It’s was a solid game with a great community, it’s just that the hardcore folks felt like Hi-Rez dropped the ball.

9. Joseph says:

Do they have an oceanic server yet? When I emailed them they said they had plans for one… :O