‘Tis True: Fable 3 Officially Confirmed For PC

By Jim Rossignol on May 21st, 2010 at 2:20 pm.

Lionhead have confirmed on their website that Fable 3 is indeed destined for PC. Which is interesting, given previous form (there’s no Fable 2 on our beloved box). Lionhead say: ” The Windows version will retail for $49.99/£39.99/€54.99, and will also be available for download exclusively on Games on Demand on Games for Windows – LIVE.” More details about the special edition through the link. I’ve rounded up some of the more watchable videos for the game and posted ‘em below.

, .

1. squirrel says:

From the announcement I interpret it as both disc and download version would be available, but if you download you can only download from GOWL. Of course, we will have confirmation once they put up an official website for the game as those games with disc version will have “PC-DVD” logo on them.

But one thing is certain, currently they dont plan on a limited or collector editions for PC, which is quite disappointing. Of course, many so-called collector editions bundled only with the “behind the scene” DVD, which worth nothing to me. But man, I want that Fable III player card so badly. Do I need to buy an XBOX just for that? Furthermore, and most importantly, it seems PC version does not provide access to collector edition exclusive DLC. I hope they would do something about it.

I cant any release day. The subtitle “Epic “Fable III” Journey Expands to Windows This Holiday” seems so unclear. Holiday means summer holiday? or Christmas?

2. rf says:

Yep. GFWL (and Xbox Live) are nice and all… when they work, but Microsoft’s stupid to lock out unsupported countries – and also for not allowing people to change an account’s country designation afterwards. Lots of little, silly things that I fully expect a huge corporation like them to make, of course.

Not to mention that sometimes content on Live is locked by IP address and you cannot download it no matter what. Duke Nukem 3D and Doom on XBLA are good examples.

3. Ben says:

“People who aren’t interested in that side of things will still enjoy.”

Why are developers making their games for anyone other than the people who are interested in them?

4. Oddtwang says:

You’re all missing the salient point, here: There’s a chicken suit. CHICKEN SUIT!

5. Pijama says:

Seriously, ever since Lionhead got with Microsoft, they have got increasingly mind-numbingly retarded.

Might be the choice of the publisher, but a designer with so much clout as Molyneux could have done something.

Anyway… Way to go from one of my (once) favoured studios.

6. gamefool says:

Red bandana? John Cleese? Peter M doing his thang?
    Oh, I’m just being cinical, I’ve never played a Fable game.
    What is the franchise like for dialogue (choices)?

7. PHeMoX says:

No way I am going to pay 15 euro bucks more than US customers would be paying for the same game.

I’m pretty sure European gamers will feel RIPPED OFF because of this, so before they’ll point their fingers towards piracy again…. change the pricing and just make it 100% even.

8. -Spooky- says:

What´s about Fable 2 for PC? *tztz*

• Heliocentric says:

*recharges tazer*
      Sorry, it just seemed the right thing to do.

9. Magic H8 Ball says:

DarkFenix said:
    For every developer that ceases PC development in a big sulk when its mediocre but high budget game flunks, another two small developers rise up and take to the stage.

And then get nowhere with their games, can’t secure a publisher and fail.

10. Hmm.-Hmm. says:

No, Jim, on the contrary. I’d say the really strange thing is that Fable 2 wasn’t released for the PC.. all things considered.

oceanclub says:

I’m not sure why people get worked up about A-list titles being dear when purchased at release via digital distrubution. At this stage, that’s like getting annoyed at death or taxes; it’s just a fact of life. I’m sure Fable 3 will be around €25 via online retail. Since I got tired of Fable 2 relatively quickly, can’t see myself buying the sequel though, even on my preferred platform.
    P.