Two Worlds 2 Gets A Proper Trailer

By Jim Rossignol on May 27th, 2010 at 10:35 am.

A while back we did a bit of embarrassed laughing at this, but it turns out the actual debut trailer for Two Worlds 2, which has just turned up, is far snazzier, and makes the game look quite a lot posher too. I don’t expect it will genuinely dissolve the fleshy wrapping of scepticism produced by people who played the original game, but I know that at least some of those people didn’t react badly to it, and will probably be going back to visit ludicrously helmeted fantasy chappies in the sequel.

__________________

« | »

, .

1. Amqz says:

Recognise!

2. Brulleks says:

I liked the first game. In fact, I preferred it to the Witcher…

Come on! Bring on the flames!

• Jimbo says:

Two Worlds wasn’t that bad. I played it the whole way through, which is more than I can say for any of the Elder Scrolls games at least.

Preferring Two Worlds to The Witcher still makes you a crazy though.

3. Quasar says:

Looks interesting… Might have to start following this.

Would you say the first game is worth picking up? I like games. But only good ones.

4. lhzr says:

i find the previous trailer more entertaining: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXESp8vlh58
    in much the same way that a b-movie can be a lot of fun, while the hollywood equivalent (bigger budget and more cgi) is usually no fun at all.

5. Chris Evans says:

I love the use of IGNs quote ‘Intriguing’ Who really puts that quote in a game trailer?

• whalleywhat says:

The first quote, even. They should’ve followed it up with “I’ll have to remember to check this out.” -Kotaku and “Might buy during a Steam sale.” -Gamespot.

6. Peter Radiator Full Pig says:

Very heavily based on the Oblivion School of Graphics.
    Shiny shiny everything.

7. HexagonalBolts says:

What in the fuuuuckkk is that music?

8. LordUbiquitous says:

@Chris Evans

That was my first thought as well. Could’ve been taken from any part of a review or preview. I was saddened to see that they stopped the trend after “breathtaking,” as I wanted to see what more generic words they could use to describe the game. I was hoping for something along the lines of: “Intriguing. Breathtaking. Compelling. Killing. Swords. Stuff.”

9. Supraliminal says:

“Breathtaking” -Destructoid

That must have been taken out of context.

“the environments are nothing short of breathtaking.”
    Apparently not.

10. Oliver says:

Yep, me too. In fact, the problem with TW was mostly with what it appeared to be – that is, an Oblivion knockoff. It wasn’t. If you went into it expecting a Diablo 2 knockoff from a different perspective and bad voiceover dialog (most of which was C-movie-class pure awesomeness), you’d have enjoyed it immensely.

I did – I reviewed it here: http://games.thegeeklynews.com/2009/10/risen-vs-oblivion-vs-two-worlds-vs-torchlight/

Oliver

11. bleeters says:

Hrmm. Another trailer which doesn’t really leave me any the wiser as to what the game’s is actually about, other than stabbing various things with swords.

Unless that’s pretty much it, I suppose, in which case good job.

12. darkbhudda says:

Number 1 was so B-Grade – with Z-Grade acting – I took a shining to it. If no 2 is as fun it’s on the buy list.

Comment on this story