Mafia II World Non-Exclusive E3 Trailer!

By John Walker on June 11th, 2010 at 2:56 pm.

But there's new shots on Monday, so stop complaining.
EDIT: Ahem.

E3 is starting next week, but we aren’t affected by the trifling issues of linear time. So we have for you a world unexclusive reveal of the new Mafia II trailer, The Made Man.

This is not the only place you can watch the trailer until it’s released properly at E3 next week. Which means we’re the same as everyone else.

Sigh.

It really shows off some of the acting in the game. And underlines the more serious, severe tone over the first game. It really does give you the impression of a game that understands cinema. Well, that’s what I think. Have a watch:

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Adrian says:

looks like it could really pull you in to the story :)

2. Alexander Norris says:

I got far more enjoyment out of entering my age as “111” than I should have.

Also, squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Mafia 2.

• Pmeie says:

Ah, i jus must not know how to type in me old agez then. Yay, extra life!

• Jimbo says:

I put 435. Beat that.

• RC-1290Dreadnought says:

I was wondering if the statistics of the age check were being saved for analysis. I was also wondering how many people entered their actual age.

3. Pmeie says:

yeah, some nice acting / filmic moments in there.

finally, at 99 yrs of age, the last year of my life, according to the counter, i can see decent acting in a vidya game. =)

• Sonic Goo says:

Considering the whole cinematic quality and the voice acting, the animations feel a bit jarring, though. It seems so… puppety. But then, there aren’t a lot of gaming companies that get animation right anyway…

4. Nick says:

Apparently it doesn’t accept none of your business as an answer =(

5. Indigon says:

Bah I hate the comment system here. Hopefully this time it’ll be posted.

Mafa II trailer yet not the new XCOM trailer?

6. Cvnk says:

Unfortunately those character models are suffering a little from the uncanny valley effect. They look like corpses (even when they are not). Maybe once I’m engrossed in the game it won’t be as noticeable.

7. ChaK_ says:

E3 trailer?

wasn’t E3 supposed to start on monday?

8. Daniel Rivas says:

Ooh. Catholicism.

9. Mistabashi says:

The voice acting sounds superb, and the motion capture looks pretty good too. Unfortunately the facial animation is pretty bad, which gives the characters that ‘dummy’ look we’re used to seeing in games. It’s a shame, but not a deal-breaker for me, the way the trailler was put together did indeed feel very cinematic so if this carries through into the game itself I think they will have achived what they were aiming for. Never played the first game myself but I’m definately interested in this, it seems like a very grown-up version of GTA but with a proper narrative in place of the wacky ‘make your own fun’ gameplay of those games.

10. Heliosicle says:

I am 100000 years old :)

11. Poltergeist says:

After seeing the DX 3 trailer I must say that this one seemed really disjointed and awkward in comparison.
    Also, congrats on getting to show this trailer before anyone else, RPS!

• Lack_26 says:

Darn, you’ve made me go and watch the DX 3 trailer. I’m also really looking forward to this game.

• lethu says:

No room for comparison, the DX3 trailer is CGI, the Mafia II trailer is not.

12. Sam says:

A new chapter has been published on Mafia 2’s webpage!!

13. Radiant says:

You should also stick it up on youtube [on an rps channel] whilst vimeo looks nicer, you can’t play it on mobile phones [so important when people twitter or email the link around] and youtube just has more eyeballs to see the vid.

14. Choca says:

I’m really starting to hate the world “exclusive” these days.

15. Dubious says:

The faces! What happened to the faces? Those animations kinda kill immersion of anything serious being said.

16. Schmitzkater says:

RPS There is a loud and I mean LOUD advert blaring in my face as soon as I open your website. I can’t stop it, I can’t even mute it!

Sadly I’ll have to turn my Adblock back on, as some woman is talking to me about how clean her dishes are, over my music. Sadface engage.

17. Mojo says:

I mostly wouldn’t come up with Mafia for my “favorite games of all time” lists, but then it still has probably the most intense and memorable storyline of any game I ever played. This could be excellent.

18. madU says:

Hey, I’m bein a stereotype ova hee

Nice trailer btw.

19. Aldehyde says:

The only place, huh? By that, do you mean ““?

• Aldehyde says:

I messed that up… Anyway, it should say, “the only place except gametrailers”. The link is in the question mark.

20. Chunks says:

My god, that video is a perfect example of the uncanny valley. I am an unforgiving fan of the first but this looks repulsive. The dialogue is also not up to par with the first. God I hope this game is good.

This captcha crap is bullshit, by the way your site is not compatible with opera.

21. arsenal4life says:

I put my age at 1,992 :D. Im very old you know. I remember the fall of the roman empire quite well, haha.