A Simon Parkin Special: Cordy

By Kieron Gillen on June 24th, 2010 at 11:09 am.

CORDY!

Cordy, as Simon Parkin rightly notes, is a Little Big Planet clone, crammed into Unity. Only a couple of demo levels here, but feature all manner of Rube Goldberg styled levels of spinning, falling and crushing stuff. Very quick to play, and hopefully more to come – though, obviously, to be a real Little Big Planet clone, it’d have to include some manner of construction elements. WELCOME TO OUR ROBOT GAME state Silvertree media, proudly. I would be too.

__________________

« | »

, , , , , .

1. Skurmedel says:

As long as it doesn’t feature a calmly voiced narrator babbling forever till you ears start bleeding – colour me interested.

• SanguineAngel says:

Woah, I take umbrage with this comment, sir!

• Item! says:

Indeed umbrage should be taken.

The presentation was the best thing about LBP – and Mr Fry was the best thing about the presentation.

It was an interesting “toy” but failed pretty dismally as a game. Not only were the fundamental mechanics pretty limited, the controls and weight of the characters were pretty horrible.

A noble failure all things told.

• SanguineAngel says:

Spot on Item!

Only thing I will say is this: I don’t play it on my own because, as you say, it’s not a great game. BUT it is a riot with a group of us so we regularly play when there’s a few of us hanging out. Laugh a minute.

• Skurmedel says:

I don’t have anything against Fry nor his narration, quite the opposite, but their desire to have him chat with you allllllllll the time made me tired. It felt like you had to listen to him, so you wouldn’t miss anything.

I didn’t like the game very much in other regards as well for the reasons you have already outlined.

2. Peter Radiator Full Pig says:

Sled levels!
    Best levels in the game. Need more of those.

3. GetOutOfHereStalker says:

someone make a clone of this clone called geordi. it’d be just like this only you need a special space visor to see anyhing

4. Bilharzia says:

Rube Goldberg? good god man, have you lost your mind? You mean Heath Robinson.

5. pakoito says:

Unity Engine is growing pretty pretty big with the web player.

6. Hobbes says:

Hear, hear!

7. Devenger says:

Aww, it’s so cute! I wonder if they have any online multiplayer co-operative stuff planned, for that would sell it to me.

8. Al3xand3r says:

It does feel like LBP. And that’s bad and the one thing they should not copy from that game. The actual platforming is horrible. Just copy Mario physics if you can’t make your own decent jump & run guys.

9. Player2 says:

Gah, wonky jumping and slowing to a stop position from which you have to slowly turn and accelerate from is not fun. Could be quite fun with a bit of tweaking.

10. Larry Smith says:

Cute game… wish there were MORE levels – Can’t get the grandkids to stop asking me if they can play Cordy… over and over …