A Monday Morning Cup Of Joe: Easy Joe

By Kieron Gillen on June 28th, 2010 at 8:00 am.

We like to start the week with sexual congress with gorgeous creatures who exist only for our total gratification by providing hyperorgasm. But when we can’t get that, we’ll settle for burning through a simple room-based escape game with delightful visuals, wit and some great jazzy music. What’s that, TheBlackBandit? Easy Joe, you say? That’ll do nicely. Go play.

__________________

« | »

, , , , .

1. ExplosiveCoot says:

Hyperorgams you say?

2. The Dark One says:

Music can’t be overlooked in these things. Half of what made that flash game with the little robot (that wasn’t Machinarium) was the cool music.

3. Alabaster Crippens says:

Perfectly fun for a hypnapompic monday morning feeling. Or any other time when you’re virtually braindead.

But something jarred with the puzzles a little bit.
    Basically, you aren’t working anything out. You mostly just click things, and the solution kind of happens before (or at the same time) as you see what the problem is.
    At least on some screens.

So it’s not so much a puzzle game as something cute to listen to and look at while you randomly click things.

I don’t think there’s necessarily anything wrong with that, in this circumstance.

4. kyynis says:

That rabbit is a total douche.

5. Corrupt_Tiki says:

I Liked it, quick n easy n nice – just what I felt like =D

6. konrad says:

It’s such a simple game, but I loved every minute of it.

7. Joe Martin says:

I hate this headline.

Cup of Joe, indeed.

8. nine says:

I think you should pluralise “hyperorgasm”!

Funky game, you should mention it only takes 5 minutes or so to complete. Too often these sort of flash games are 30 minute epics.

9. Jacques says:

I don’t know if I could have withstood the 10-20 second music track repeating for more than the little bit that it took. I like jazz, I just don’t like repetition. That said, cute game, easy definitely describes it well, and Joe, well, it’s Joe, if they called him Jazz, well, Epic might not like that

Comment on this story