More Bioshock 2: Protector Trials DLC

By Jim Rossignol on July 1st, 2010 at 6:29 pm.

Bioshock 2 is to get single-player DLC next month, and it’s going to cost 400 Microsoft Points, which I think is about £3.50 in real money? Anyway, the new content is going to feature six new maps of Little-Sister-defending scenarios, a trailer for which I’ve posted below. It’s going to come with its own set of achievement and unlockable gumpf, but perhaps the most interesting element in 2K Games’ announcement is this: “This is just the beginning. More single-player content is on the way that will deliver more of the intense action and story-driven gameplay that fans have been craving.” More from Rapture in the pipeline, then.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Justin Keverne says:

So, Horde mode for BioShock 2 then?

2. Tei says:

Bioshock videos tend to be very honest. What you see in the video, is what the game have. Like these movies teasers that contains the only one fun joke of the whole movie.
    I am happy videogames are nothing like that. Putting people on fire, and kicking people in the face never gets old. I use to love it in Duke Nukem, and I would love it in Bioshock.

Also Corporation Money is a interesting idea. Microsoft sould put meat and cars for sale with these points, and start paying his people in these points. That way corporations will become mercenary-states with his own money and all. The Russia Mafia sould export dollars using Microsoft Corporate Money, and China sould ban these points, to avoid that type of money trafick.

If the idea of “governs” become outdated, then the corporations could roll his “microsoft points” and things, as a replacement. Hell, most people will not notice.

• Frankie The Patrician[PF] says:

Well, ppl from euro zone would hardly notice…Euro’s are more like Monopoly money, really. Especially after the Greece debacle.

• Hmm-Hmm. says:

Heh. Actually it’s not doing all too badly for our exporting purposes. Lower valuta = better competition. Following that, the economic slump isn’t all that bad. Over here, anyway.

3. Gunsmith AKA NanosuitNinja says:

watching this has made me pick up the eternal and neverending struggle to get System Shock 2 to work on a vista 64 box

4. Flappybat says:

The worst part of the single player game now available for purchase!

5. archangelq says:

On the one hand, I want to like this. Otoh, while I enjoyed the little sister defense, it was that it was for a reward in the game that kept me coming back to it. On it’s own, the combination of the overly wide open environments that allowed enemies to avoid my traps and how expensive the more ‘fun’ traps where (in particular the eminently fun electric line harpoon trap), this felt more clumsy than fun. I usually resorted to overuse late throwing out of the cyclone trap, the most OP power in that game, to save the little sisters. Beyond that, while they where entertaining crescendo moments, the actual strategy of them was rather shallow, and I don’t think would work well, stand alone like this.

6. TheSombreroKid says:

lol

7. Phinor says:

I feel silly for actually liking this game. Well it took half a day to fix the mouse and FOV issues and they kept breaking my mods with every patch but even with the struggles, I thought it was better than most shooters these days.

No DLC for me though. No singleplayer DLC, no multiplayer DLC, not now, not ever.

8. malkav11 says:

I’d really rather they just produce an expansion or another sequel if they want to keep milking the franchise. Dribs and drabs of DLC won’t be the same.

9. Kevbo says:

Good to see people still fighting the paid DLC although this is a PC gaming site so its not surprising. If you read any console centric forums or sites, they just lap this DLC right up and actually expect to pay money for small, trivial and often crappy ‘updates’, add ons or stripped out features.

I don’t mind paying for serious ‘expansion packs’ with major content and extra gameplay but will not support the trend that seems to be growing…. paid dlc (especially the crap that comes out 1 week after release)

Reminds me of a good analogy that I heard recently (possibly on this site):
    The poster reflected on how paid DLC is kinda like dictatorship. The people who are born under it will accept and expect it while the people born before it, will fight it with every fiber of their being.

10. mihor_fego says:

Just wait for the “Game of the Year” or whatever edition and get the whole DLC pack in less than the game’s price on release. Since I’m not interested in the multiplayer part of it, I decided to postpone my purchase in case something like this came out… and voila! Expect paid DLC for all AAA games released on both PC and consoles, people. Everyone still reacts like its’ not a staple yet, while it’s been obvious for more than a year now…

• Thants says:

The fact that people will pay real money to get a bigger gun in a game is a secret that I hoped game makers would never figure out.

Comment on this story