Microphoney: RPS Invades EG Podcast

By Alec Meer on July 13th, 2010 at 4:14 pm.

It’s not really an RPS podcast. Sorry. It’s just me on someone else’s podcast. Sneaky little tyke that I am. My mouth-hole was recruited to accompany Eurogamer editor Tom ‘Tom Bramwell’ Bramwell, their writer Dan Pearson and Ignition producer Jamie Firth in a chat about topics including Dragon Age 2, Blizzard’s real name silliness, War For Cybertron, whether that OnLive stuff is a threat to the PC and whether blockbuster games are allowed more than three As.

I make jokes, mutter and find myself frustratingly forbidden from discussing the preview build of CIv V I’m currently playing. I also make a probably unwise gag about the Iraq war at one point, though they may well have sensibly cut that.

__________________

« | »

, .

1. Arthur Barnhouse says:

It’ll have to do I suppose. But maybe you could replace Dan Pearson with John Walker next time. Oh and replace Jamie Firth wtih Jim Rossignol. Maybe, just to be safe, replace Tom Bramwell with Kieron Gillen.

• Grunt says:

Much more professional approach to this podcast, guys.

No sir, I don’t like it.

Heh. It was fine, but really needs less of Tom holding court and more of a ‘team of equals’ feel.

And don’t think I didn’t hear you making glib apologies for your Transformers passion, Alec. Not cool. Wear it proudly, my son. If they tease, stick a metal Deception symbol somewhere squishy.about their person.

• Ginger Yellow says:

“It was fine, but really needs less of Tom holding court and more of a ‘team of equals’ feel.”

It suffered a bit from the absence of Ellie, who tends to belittle Tom whenever he gets too court holdy.

2. Skusey says:

It’s not a proper RPS podcast but it’ll do.

3. Richard Beer says:

Bah, why isn’t login working?

This is nicely entertaining so far, with slightly superior-to-RPS sound quality. Speaking of which, I’ve just spent all weekend in Newquay being kept awake by seagulls, so I was a little afraid to find them following back to London, albeit digitally – where was this recorded? Bath?

4. Auspex says:

I think you should have mentioned RPS Alex.

5. TheApologist says:

Good stuff. Haven’t tried the Eurogamer podcast yet. This is a good excuse to do so.

Is the RPS electronic wireless show consigned to history, or might it be popping up occasionally in future?

6. SpinalJack says:

Their sound quality beats the hell out of RPS crappy mic sound quality! You should feel ashamed of your own shoddy attempts. I hope you stole their mics on your way out. XD

7. Popish Frenzy says:

Valiant effort at debunking the £1000+ for a gaming PC myth:)

8. drewski says:

So, when’s Dragon Age 4 out?

9. fitz says:

Top marks for the Elvis Costello grab. Pump It Up!

Comment on this story