The Sims 3: Late Night announced

By Quintin Smith on July 21st, 2010 at 4:12 pm.

I'm still waiting on The Sims 3: Turnin' In Early.

It seems every Sims game means a sexy expansion pack. The original game had Hot Date, the second had Nightlife, and this Autumn The Sims 3 will have Late Night, adding nightspots, celebrity-filled parties and a new hot tub to everybody’s favourite domination simulator, as well as the chance for your sims to go on tour with their bands. Meticulously choreographed teaser trailer can be found after the jump.

I’ve just noticed the guy in that video has a Sims cursor tattooed on his back. That’s a bit meta, isn’t it? A bit disturbing. It implies the sims are aware of the cursor over their heads, and yet are still slaves to it, perhaps even worshipping it. Eee.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Chris says:

for those scratching their heads at “I’ve just noticed the guy in that screenshot has a Sims cursor tattooed on his back” – it’s not visible in the screenshot.

• Justin Keverne says:

I was starting to worry a little…

And oh look Vampire too.

• Quintin Smith says:

Oop. It’s in the video, not the screenshot. Fixed now.

• FRIENDLYUNIT says:

I like your take on the tattoo Quintin. It’s much cooler that way than as an example of self-referential (and congratulatory), excessively twee, “humour”. Also known as a “circlejerk”.

2. Petethegoat says:

The whole replace letters with numbers trend needs to die, now.
    Please.

• Jake says:

Mathematicians replace numbers with letters all the time, so this seems only fair.

• Dood says:

The Sims n, where n = {1,2,3}?

• TeeJay says:

Be careful what you wish for: the video has music by 3OH!3 – who have taken to replacing numbers with letters instead. :(

3. Skinlo says:

Tbh the hot tub should have been in the original game!

• Clovis says:

Well, I’m glad they released Sims 3 when they did instead of waiting an extra year or more to create the complex technology to allow the sims to use a hot tub. I mean, there must be water physics, heat calculations, algorithms to figure out if two Sims accidentaly touch knees, bladder models …

So we got to play some fun hot tubless Sims 3, and now get to play all over again with added hot tub action!

4. RC-1290'Dreadnought' says:

Funny how the music is all in Sims-talk as well.

(Right? I hope its not a language I don’t know about)

• sasayan says:

They had several artists re-record their songs in Simlish (that’s what language is called, right?). There’s a developer video about it somewhere, but I’m too busy driving tanks to look for it right now.

• megalomania says:

It took me at least twenty seconds to realise those weren’t real words. Simlish is dead-on sometimes.

• TeeJay says:

Well they screwed up at the very end because you can hear these lines:

“Let’s do this outside
      Shut down the whole block”

(the rest has been “sim-lished” from the original http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/3oh3/doublevision.html although frankly it was more or less gibberish to begin with)

5. Gpig says:

I remember seeing that developer video. It’s interesting, but I’m too busy plowing pussy at the moment to look for it.

6. Jambe says:

I hope all the Sims stuff comes to Steam. They just released SimCity 4 on there, so perhaps there’s a chance of it.

7. Risingson says:

Really, my weekends are already full of clubs full of hipsters, so I don’t need a game where I have to take care of them.

8. Vitamin Powered says:

I misread the title as The Sims 3: Last Night initially, which I think is a far better name. It’s got that hint of regret to it.

9. Shnyker says:

@Vitamin Powered

Yeah it sounds like some sims went out and got drunk and danced and woke up in the hot tub with some stranger.

10. geldonyetich says:

Still waiting for the Sims 3: Horrible Deviant Behavior expansion pack. It just lacks a certain something without the neighbors facing terrible emotional and mental breakdown.

11. bleeters says:

Strange. I get up to none of these activities when I stay up late at night. I suppose Sims: I Have To Do How Many Words By Tommorrow? doesn’t have quite the same ring to it.

12. mortgagebleeder says:

wow, i love sims 3, but this trailer (and expansion) seems to be stuck in the go-go 2005s. didn’t they hear? the worlds on the teeters of a great depression! well they did party in the 1930′s so whatevah! party to the bankruptcy courts! i have no idea why i wrote this…..

13. Noumenon says:

I would have watched a 5-minute trailer of that girl in the screenshot dancing. Yowza.

• Pmeie says:

lol. you are kidding, right? that virtual girl was the reason i realised how some men sometimes call women ‘dogs’… or, i don’t know, maybe they do it for another reason. but she reminded me of a puppy, and it was strange and unattractive. no offence meant to people who take offence at other people who see some people animals and are then weirded out by it. or maybe i do mean offence to those people. i don’t know.