Sam & Max & Demo Of Episode Four

By John Walker on July 28th, 2010 at 11:18 am.

But will the Soda Poppers appear?

Want a demo? Oh, okay, you’ve been good. Have the demo for the fourth episode – Beyond the Alley of the Dolls – of the vastly superior third season of Telltale’s Sam & Max. An army of canine clones is attacking. Briefly do something about it, before being tempted to complete it, and the other five episodes.

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. mlaskus says:

Meh, it’s not funny

2. T-Bone says:

I love Sam and Max, episode 4 was the best episode of this season. It’s well worth checking out.

3. Toby Wintrmute says:

I’m liking this one quite a bit.. I like the way each episode this season has had a different theme.. with this one having a particularly dark eldritch horror feel to it.

I don’t know why they bother selling them as separate episodes though – if you picked them up stand-alone, you’d have no idea what was going on, and miss most of the funny references to earlier episodes.

Edit: how many attempts will I have to take to get this Captcha right? ;(

4. Freudian Trip says:

Just wanted to stop by and say thats an absolutely beautiful picture. Bye now.

My Captcha is PETA. I swear I’m leaving now.

5. Optimaximal says:

Other 4 episodes… They moved away from the 6-episode season quite quickly.

6. N says:

Game should look like that screenshot.

7. fink says:

Is there a mac demo?

8. Reverend Speed says:

Not as good as episode two of the same season, a little too easy, villain’s just a little weak…

…but a fine, FINE adventure game, nonetheless. And funny.

Sam’s stunned, creeped-out encounter with his new REDACTED, mirroring so many similar moments in genre fiction had me giggling, chuckling and letting fly with the occasional guffaw.

A little pissed with the frivolous treatment of the mythos (something of a sane-to-mental in ten seconds purist), but this is outweighed by the fact that IT’S SAM AND MAX HOW ELSE WOULD THEY TREAT IT?

And that cliffhanger. My… GOD, I can’t wait for ep 5.

Who kept at the dispenser?

9. pipman300 says:

buy sam and max get free cocaine it’s the deal of the century

csi: sam and max

Lambchops says:

I enjoyed episode 4. Probably the easiest of the episodes so far but some good lines and it rolled along nicely in traditional Sam and Max absurdity.

Also I’m starting to think I’m the only person that doesn’t think that episode 2 was the best episode.

11. Ginger Yellow says:

Episode 3 was my favourite so far, though 2 was my second. I loved the interrogation stuff, especially choosing the “noir” option even when I knew it wasn’t the right one.

12. Navagon says:

Dammit! Why can’t Telltale get the games looking like that? That would be fecking awesome and I’d buy ten!

• Navagon says:

The Server Hamster has fallen off its wheel again. Only this time he’s landed belly up with his feet in the air. Looks like now is a good time to invest in that shiny 486 server you guys have been eyeing dreamily.

13. geldonyetich says:

I’d like to play it, but apparently all Telltale Monkey Island and Sam & Max games fail to launch on Steam right now. Seems to be related to some kind of Windows Aero incompatibility when you have a second monitor installed. You can get it to run either by disabling aero or disabling your second monitor, but neither option is cosmetically appealing.

• Navagon says:

Just use compatibility mode to remove Aero just while the game’s running. That way you won’t even notice it.

Right click on main exe – properties – compatibility – disable visual themes.

That should probably take care of it.

• geldonyetich says:

It’s trickier than that. Being a steam app, you don’t launch it directly, but rather go through the steam launcher to get to it. The shortcut for the game that’s on your desktop goes through the steam launcher and acts like a shortcut to a URL. Consequently there is no compatibility tab.

I did muddle around with it and found a work-around that is beyond the range of a lot of casual players to pull off. If you go into [drive]\program files\Steam\steamapps\common and then the appropriate Sam and Max or Monkey island folder, you can then get to the properties of the .exe to get to the compatibility tab.

There, you can make the necessary changes, and it seems the steam shortcut is affected. However, an important addendum: it’s not “visual themes” that needs to be disabled. It’s “desktop composition.”

14. Shadrach says:

Oooh, I want that header image as a desktop background, someone tell me where I can find a nice hires one please :)

15. Koozer says:

HOW THE HELL DO I GET OUT OF STINKY’S I ATE SOME PEANUT BUTTER I GAVE A HAND CHOCICE THE BUTTON WON’T WORK IT’S THE FIRST BLOODY SCREEN WHAT DO I DO WHAT DO I DO

16. Soobe says:

Take one of the ice cream bars from the freezer. Sam will try to eat it but can’t because of the peanut butter. Now, walk to the toaster and give the ice cream bar to the clone hand poking around. The hand will go away and Sam can now use the toaster….

By the way, this one has easily been my favorite so far. Funny, perfect difficulty, and just thew right length. Superb stuff!