Night-time Story: The Curfew Less Wobbly

By Kieron Gillen on August 14th, 2010 at 2:23 pm.

Her eyeliner is made of splendid

The Curfew’s been in Beta for a few weeks now with all the four episodes running, but they’ve been a bit twitchy. However, as the end of its Beta approaches, it’s basically in a good enough state for me to feel happy to link to it – which is pretty much what Curfewer in arms Simon Parkin said last night. As in, my saved game for the end of episode one works and I got all the way through it with only a couple of eyebrow raises. For those who the loading is still iffy – and it’s always been fine for me – I’ll say two things. Try loading it and leaving it running in a tab for a while, because I vaguely recall it having some streaming tech. Give the game a chance to get ahead, and it could be smoother. Secondly, they’re planning a full 700Mb Download of it for September, which will obviously solve everything. What’s the Curfew? Well, it’s… oh, let’s hand over to Simon’s short description

EDIT: But see the edits at the bottom of the post too…

The Curfew is the spiritual successor to Littleloud’s BAFTA-award winning adventure game, Bow Street Runner. It’s been written by my friend Kieron Gillen, commissioned by my friend Alice Taylor, had consultation from my friend Margaret Robertson, and is directed by my friend Darren Garrett. Also a bunch of super talented artists and coders at LL. Isn’t it awesome when you get to make something with/ for your friends?

The Curfew is a game about civil liberties. But it’s also about videogames, immigration, CCTV, police brutality, manipulation of the media and washing dirty windows for small favours. It’s game that uses live actors (including libertarian comedian Mark Thomas doing a worryingly convincing turn as a Fox News-esque anchor), which might make you think it’s a bit like Night Trap.

But it’s actually more like Broken Sword crossed with Big Brother in terms of its systems. It features a dynamic solution that shifts according to how you play the game. There’s no preset ‘right’ answer in the endgame, despite what many players may think from their first play. I hope you enjoy it.

I’ll add that The Curfew is the only game I know of which features the phrase “shaved his balls”. Like Simon, I hope you enjoy it. And I’ll stress, the dynamic endings can terribly tricky and some are far easier to get than others. I tried to get the trickiest one, and despite having written the answers, I couldn’t remember them well enough to pull it off.

More another time, I suspect. This whole experience has been interesting.

EDIT: Interesting and useful bug found by our Trollface in the thread. If your save disappears, you can go back to the save game screen and even if it says its empty, you can select it and load it. And – er – this appears to allow you to re-load and select another ending.

EDIT 2: Actually, it appears that it always gives you the bad endings at the moment. I’d save your save game before the choice until after Beta.

EDIT 3: And the good endings appear to be working now. Phew.

, , , , , .

1. roBurky says:

I think you forgot to actually link to it, Kieron.

2. Deuteronomy says:

I’m just concern about the association with Amnesty International, being aide-and-comfort types for the enemies of Western Civilization and all.

• Bhazor says:

If by that you mean getting a bit shirty about people being held without charge for four years then sure they’re supporting the enemies of civilization.

• A-Scale says:

You should know as well as anyone that being suspected is as bad as being guilty. Right? Oh is that what this game is bemoaning? Whoops!

• Drexer says:

True, those enemies of Western Civilization should be exposed and put under surveillance 24/7 while under our Western Civilization. And they should have to prove themselves when entering our civilization, and not make such a fuss.

Some kind of Curfew to keep them under wraps would also be a nice measurement to apply.

• Deuteronomy says:

I suspect it will be the left that most rues the day they made their dark alliance.

Harlander says:

Oh, crap, you think so? I better call the Necromancer’s Guild and tell them the arrangement’s off… far too risky.

• qrter says:

What does that even mean..?

• Deuteronomy says:

Oh come on you can’t be *that* dense. I realise this game is addressing issues specific to UK society, like amazingly large number of cctv cameras. But Amnesty International is going around trying to assert rights for people that are clearly terrorists – like the battlefield pickups in Guantanamo.

The entire cloud of assorted leftists, from the Chomskyites pining for some utopian world without centralized state power to Greens who just want to bring down the entire edifice, think that allying with fundamentalist types will be to their long term benefit. The enemy of my enemy is my friend as they say. But of course if two billion people were to be radicalized it would be 1) socialists 2) earth-worshipers that would be first against the wall. What the ratio between the crass power mongers like Gore and the true believers (useful idiots) like Chomsky is in the left I don’t know. But the money that supports AI is clearly from the first group, and the volunteers from the second.

So while I consider myself a pragmatic libertarian and am generally against misuse (or really mostly use) of state power, and in principle support the basic idea behind this game, the association with a creepy organisation like that bothers me.

• vanarbulax says:

So are you saying you’re against due process then? I don’t think anyone is claiming that terrorist shouldn’t be charged or imprisoned but if these people are “clearly terrorists” why haven’t they gone to trial? It’s not human rights except when it’s convenient, it’s human rights which should apply to all people and be a consistent framework which means a legal system can deal with people while stopping the government detaining people without cause or oversight. And the right to an open trial happens to date back to the Magna Carta.

Though I’m probably not as knowledgeable about the issue which you bring up, least of all because you haven’t named it.

But yeah this kind of annoyed me a bit in The Curfew when

*!SPOILERS!*
      *!SPOILERS!*

The incident with the bomb on the subway station is revealed. It disappointed me firstly because I could see it coming and secondly because I think it loses the impact of the message. It shouldn’t be “look this system is bad because it was faked” but “look this system is bad because it destroys personal liberties, galvanizes aggression against the state, makes people who wouldn’t deal with criminals usually do so, creates unnecessary and controlled surveillance and decreases the signal to noise ratio etc. etc.”

*!SPOILERS!*
      *!SPOILERS!*

This also combined with the fact I state before that the state was “unhip” while the crime boss was charmingly quaint.

That all said it was good game and I really enjoyed playing it. Really slickly done, apart from a few unintuitive sections which will hopefully be smoothed out post beta.

• pipman300 says:

Burn the HereticChomskyite
      Kill the MutantTerrorist
      Purge the UncleanLeftist

• pipman300 says:

lol that looks way funnier in the gibber box then it does in the comment field.

MutantTerrorists

• pipman300 says:

kieron i played your game and immediately turned into a muslim chomskyite is that a bug?

• Kieron Gillen says:

vanarbulax: I think you’ve missed a fairly enormous plot element.

pipman3000: No, that’s a feature.

KG

• A-Scale says:

Kieron Gillen: Laughsmith

• Bhazor says:

Deutronomy

You watch fox don’t you?

3. Ghost of Grey Cap says:

A stressful year of developement has left Kieron’s nerves (and linking abilities) in shreds. Maybe?

4. zorba says:

fart

5. airtekh says:

I think I’ll wait for the downloadable version.

I got really annoyed with the multiple long loading screens when I tried to play it recently.

6. thekelvingreen says:

Someone made a sequel to Burn: Cycle?

I kid, I kid…

7. Lewis says:

Any advice on the slingshot, Kieron?

• Lewis says:

Immediately after typing that I fired a crazy unhinged shot out of frustration. Perfect hit.

Answered my own question, it would seem.

• ohnoabear says:

Yeah, despite thoroughly enjoying the game up to that point, I almost quit in frustration at the slingshot.

Then I fired off a shot at random and, to my complete astonishment, it hit.

Fucking slingshot.

Flimgoblin says:

Not sure if it’s just because it’s been mentioned in so many media outlets – but finding that actual URL on google is a pain, get some SEO on there :)

My save game appears to have been clobbered (most likely by my anti-spy-cookie flash-cookie-nuking plugins and not any game bugs) but now that all 4 are there I shall have to give it another go.

9. Hamish says:

Damn man, this isn’t very fun. playing fifteen minutes and I’ve used my brain to:
    -click on a phone
    -click my way around some environments that I’m sure… took a lot of work, but they’re pretty OTT
    -play a crappy whack-a-mole game (I realise that it’s *supposed* to be crappy, but when the most intense part of the game is satirical, what are you living for?)
    -choose dialogue options. It’s cool that there’s a system embedded within the process of talking to people. But right now, I’m not getting any clear sensations from it. The choice I won points on seemed arbitrary, despite the flashy TRUST GAINED graphics. It’s not really enough to keep me playing, even though I can feel a seed of something interesting in this game-smuggling guy. Maybe it’s because he keeps squinting. I have personal problems with people squinting at me.

If someone can assure me that it gets more interesting though, I guess I could have another try!

10. Jetsetlemming says:

I can’t figure out what to do on the first screen of “The Immigrant” chapter. I can click the bookshelf, look at the pictures, and get a bonus, and I can examine the computer and the character comments on it, but I can’t figure out how to progress.

11. Al3xand3r says:

Too much loading, waiting for the downloadable. What I “played” seemed nice though, good job.

12. Octacon100 says:

The music is awesome. Anywhere I could get it from? The title music is so much like silent hill 2 it’s not funny.

13. Jetsetlemming says:

I found the tiny little hot spot of the note next to the couch, and now a couple screens later I’m stuck after picking up some wire. This chapter is a big pain in the ass compared to the last one. Why did this suddenly stop being about making choices and start being about fucking pixel hunting?

• Jetsetlemming says:

Specifically, there’s no “Return” button on the zoomed in screen and there is absolutely nothing else I can find after picking up the wire that I can click. I quit.

Hodge says:

*SPOILER*

I got stuck there too, after about half an hour I managed to randomly click my way through it. There’s a tiny hotspot on the door which is supposed to represent the keyhole, if you can find it and click on it you’ll continue.

I was greatly annoyed too. Why not just make the whole door a hotspot? If you click on the wire then click on the door it’s pretty obvious what you’re trying to do. Boo! RANTYPANTS.

14. Octacon100 says:

Just got a bug where if you watch the bonus news video while looking at Dave Sweeny (The hologram version), the return button doesn’t work. You don’t go back to lucas’ burger start screen.

• Bhazor says:

Also if you scroll the security camera all the way to the left it loops around to the beginning and won’t rotate either way and won’t let you leave the screen.

Also the subtitles option doesn’t seem to work.

15. Peter Radiator Full Pig says:

The only thing i want to know is, why not take the safe option, and deliver the data yourself?
    Or will the “doubling back” of the security forces somehow stop this?

If im so crap, why did i even get the data, and why give it to me if im only going as far as a safehouse?

• Bhazor says:

And if I’m going to be captured anyway why try to be clandestine when it just means you might get arrested before you even pass it on? Just bung it on a torrent or something or make a few copies and leave them lying around.

Also are the police completely blind to the massive glowing signs visible on seemingly every phone?

16. Trollface says:

Weird.

On the immigrant chapter, and i get stuck on the scene after the tasty taste burger one. Seems liek the only interactive area is the doorway, where i can get the piece of discarded wire, but there’s no return button to let me return to the wider view

Hodge says:

Gah! A bunch of us getting stuck here – see my reply above.

17. DoucheMullet says:

“including libertarian comedian Mark Thomas doing a worryingly convincing turn as a Fox News-esque anchor”

I wouldn’t exactly say that Fox News is the government’s propaganda machine.

• Jetsetlemming says:

It’s worse than that, but I think the meaning there is the overall tone of “Everyone’s out to get you, immigrants and terrorists and criminals, you can only trust us”.

• Chris D says:

Not this governments.

18. Trollface says:

Thanks a lot dude :D i’ll go and look for it. WITH THE EYE OF THE TIGER.

19. Matthew Montoya says:

Really want to play it, but the loading is murder. I’ll wait until I can download it, but really looking forward to it Kieron.

20. Mox says:

*** Spoiler Warning ***

I have played it through a couple of days ago, but I was a bit disappointed, that all the endings had a negative outcome (I had backed up my save game before finishing, so I tried different choices at the end). I had been building up trust with everyone (at least I never lost trust), so this was a bit unexpected

Is this how it is supposed to be or was it just because the “beta” did not incorporate all possible endings?
    If this is supposed to be like this:
    I could understand that from an “educational” standpoint. But if all the endings are bad all the time, what the heck am I building up this trust for? It is the only gameplay mechanic that is really present, so I am a bit at odds with it being completely meaningless.

*** Spoiler End ***

Otherwise very nice game, I did enjoy the writing a lot.

Hodge says:

Well, this post is eerily timed for me. Back when KG announced the beta I was dead keen on playng it, but after reading all the ‘still buggy’ comments I decided to leave it a few weeks.

Last night I finally decided to give it a go and… well, it still had pretty much all the problems that people were mentioning weeks ago. The loading times are atrocious, it froze frequently + needed to be restarted, and the audio often drifted out of sync with the video. There was one bit of voiceover from the immigrant which kept being played out of context during the other characters’ scenes. Then, about halfway through, one of the very loud ‘secret found’ music cues got stuck in a loop and continued to play constantly, often obscuring the dialogue.

In other words, it’s still very much in beta, at least in my experience. To be fair, I played it with the Beardy PC Flash plugin, which is basically rubbish, and that might be causing some of the problems. But yeah, I’d say waiting for the downloadable version might be the way to go.

That all sounds really negative, so I should point out that the game itself (apart from odd clunkers like the slingshot game and the wire puzzle) is really well done and well worth anyone’s time. Once they sort all the problems out it will be something special indeed.

Oh, and that Mr Gillen can sure tell a story. He should totally write comics or something.

22. Wednesday says:

Noticed the “Brighton View” there. Is it Brighton set?

23. Trollface says:

WELL THIS RULES.

I finished the Ex-policeman Scenario. THEN, he goes on about making choices. Ok, i presume that this is the part where i give the person i choose to trust T3H INFO.

Yeah no. It looped back to the section of the file where i had completed episodes 1 to 3 and then after clicking the policeman again, he does his intro, flash, aaaand his face gets stuck in the beginning of the Choices Speech.

Ok, reload, use sa…..wh….where did my Save file go? The damn game erased my save file!

RAGE.

• Trollface says:

I reloaded the site, clicked on the first file, where mah save was, and it was still there. Reloaded, and now i get to doom britain, as i’ll probably choose the wrong person to give the info to :/

24. David says:

Rarrrrgh that same thing happened to me too!

And I was enjoying it so much too :(

25. Alex Vostrov says:

Microreview:

Britain has a fine history of being taken over by dystopian regimes, We have 1984, V for Vendetta and now The Curfew. I’ve decided to write a couple of words about the game, because it tweaked my game design neurons.

I was impressed by the writing and production values. The interweaving plots were well done and I also enjoyed the satirical bits and the background content. I could tell that a lot of energy was spent on thinking out the world. For example, the idea of info-grafitti was a clever detail.

As an interactive piece, The Curfew is unfortunately left wanting. A lot of the dialogue is railroaded, leaving the player with no agency. The root cause, of course, is that the work is at the mercy of its form. Branching narrative has severe problems that have been known for decades and using FMV only burdens things further. In many ways, this is a retread of the FMV game explosion of the 90′s and the accompanying problems.

I question the game’s ending. Perhaps I did something wrongly, in which case the game did a poor job of giving me feedback and allowing me to correct. I felt like the ending negated the whole experience as an interactive work. It made me think that the creators were all too eager to speak and not that willing to listen. In this, the game falls into the well-populated trap that previous plot-based games have succumbed to.

Overall, I liked The Curfew and would recommend people taking a look at it. It doesn’t stand out as a game, but one has to make distinctions between the craft and the content. The content and the thinking behind the game is well done, even if the game design is lacking. My feeling is that if we have more games that subject matter that’s as interesting, the craftsmanship will follow. The right frame of mind to appreciate The Curfew is not as an interactive story, but as a sort of interweaving video collage.

26. blank says:

“I wouldn’t exactly say that Fox News is the government’s propaganda machine.”

Yeah, most people who bash on Fox News haven’t seen more than two seconds of it, if they’ve turned to that channel at all. I can see what he’s trying to say, “the government in The Curfew is what Fox News would be in support of” but that’s obviously bull.

Mr. Parkin is also misinformed in that Fox News is not “libertarian” in the least, no matter how many times Glenn Beck says he’s not a republican. Obviously that whole statement was construed just to be another jab at those darned right-wingers.

Just another of example of the fallacy of poisoning the well.

27. Cheesecake says:

Hate the website though you may, but check the links in the story.

On topic: I like this. Only half way through it but not sure where it’s going. Statement: fuck the government and their criminal banker masters.

28. Armyofnone says:

Oh my. It up and crashed right after the opening cutscene. Twice. But it looks so good! I suppose I’ll have to wait eagerly for it to come out of beta.

29. zakkmiester says:

SPOILERS BELOW.

I have to ask, is it even possible to win?
    I reloaded and tried all the endings. Didn’t go well.

• Kieron Gillen says:

SPOILERS: Select to see easier.

The level of trust you have with each person determines whether it’s a good or bad ending. Each character has a different trust threshold, with some easier to reach than others.

I have absolutely no idea how they’ve balanced it. I only gave relative values to questions in my stuff.

KG

30. Alex Vostrov says:

According to the producer’s website, the endgame is dynamic. I, however, couldn’t locate any trace in the game that validates that.

31. Lobotomist says:

Nice game.

But i could not find a “terminal” in burger place quest. It just wasnt there ?

Also. There was no save.

Very frustrating. So i left :(

32. Alex Vostrov says:

Thanks for the clarification Kieron.

It’s unfortunate that the game is such a one-shot deal. I had no idea that I was doing badly, but even if I had I would have no way to adjust my play. I’m not going to keep pressing on this point, since I’ve already stated my opinion on the ludic side of the game.

I really liked how 3 of the characters are connected. I wonder what the girls would do to each other if they knew where the IDs were from.

• Kieron Gillen says:

Alex: I’ve just added some edits to the main post. Using Trollface’s “Get your apparently disappeared save” thing, I’ve checked all my endings, and they’re all bad. If I can’t even get the threshold of the easiest character, it implies something is bugged or been imbalanced somewhere. If you were getting the even minorly positive ones, you should have passed the threshold of at least the easier characters.

KG

• Bhazor says:

Today you have learned a valuable lesson.
      That lesson being “The reason game designers drink so much”.

• qrter says:

Perhaps they should drink a bit less..?

33. farf says:

IS this the project introversion was supposed to work on with Channel 4?

34. A note says:

Kieron, I actually thought on my play through that the bad endings were intentional, for one reason or another. I think this was triggered by reading your article on Starcraft 2, and how the designer could influence the game. On top of this all the endings seemed a little too logical and I thought that the others would act in that manner no matter what… I would say adding a way of telling what endings you got out of how many possible endings could be helpful in this department, but I’m not sure there would be an efficient way to do that.

I liked the game, even though it had its quirks, and I would like to see more of your non-journalistic writing in action. (Well more journalistic writing, too…)

No proof reading for me!

• Kieron Gillen says:

“Either way the trust mechanic seemed like it needed a bit of tweaking because it doesn’t quite make sense to me to ask the other person questions and in turn have them trust me more…and if it’s the other way around (how much I trust that person) then it doesn’t make sense that I could influence their actions.”

That it’s about both is the heart of the game. The stated aim angles slightly differently from the real aim.

KG

35. Yeah says:

Aisha’s hot as heck.

36. mister k says:

Oh thank goodness for edit 2. I thought this game was unbearably mean and hard- having picked wrong and got a bad end, I reloaded the empty save, and then got the bad end for every single person, and felt utterly incompetent.

That said, I think I’m going to wait on the download before trying it again- the loading times were just too painful for me.

37. Trollface says:

BTW Kieron, ta to you and Channel 4 for not imposing any silly regional limitations. Although i live in Finland, and this game is really british (with the basis on current CCTV thingies etc.) I thought that some of those things could happen here as well. That is, if we could actually get enough money to implement the things in Curfew.

also, The Airtags, That’s something that IMO should be implemented soonish. It seems like a plausible idea. All you really need is some augumented reality software for your iPhone or Android handset, and a camera to see/read them.

• Kieron Gillen says:

Thanks! And yeah – they’ll be here in a few years, I’m sure. The game-ification of Citizen Points was the other sci-fi idea I was quite pleased with.

KG

38. farf says:

Damn it, played long enough to do all 4 flashbacks and just after the end of the 4th one (ex-cop) game froze.

Reloaded the page and had the “invisible” save problem. Had previously managed to have very positive trust levels with all 4 characters but only getting bad endings now … No way am I going to replay through the whole thing though.

Nasty bug and shame the game was released in this state. Such a show-stopper bug completely overrides any good impression :(

39. Trollface says:

Also, Kieron:

Props on the character of Leah. You don’t see many women like her in video games, if you catch my drift.

40. A note says:

Perhaps I put too much trust in stated aims, then…

That is an interesting thing to try to pull off in writing, especially since certain questions and responses could result in the character and the questioner both responding differently…and the player responding another way…

Unless you’re saying that the players trust of the character is considered to be an element of the game, which it technically is, but that would mean the only direct influence on trust would be on that of the person you’re questioning, because otherwise there would be the person you’re questioning, the player character, and the player all having different amounts of trust, which would be disorienting, especially since so little is known about the player character (because it intentionally really isn’t much of a character).

I almost think that the issue is that only certain elements of the game mechanics are shown, while others aren’t. Had the “trust points” not been shown at all (whether they went up or down or not) I almost feel like I wouldn’t have been as bothered by the system, as it would have felt a bit more human… Meanwhile had they been shown in more detail I would have felt I understood the system better. But perhaps the point was to not show me that system (which would make sense) but then why show any form of references to it (oh, yes, it was made for a broad audience and not people like me…).

I am actually very interested in this, but based on the amount of sleep I have I may not be making as much sense as I think I am….so I’ll leave this as it is for now.

41. thekelvingreen says:

Hardtarget, that’s because it was a fairly decent game. It was an excellent game by the standards of the CDi, but pretty good in general.

42. Thelonious says:

I’m not sure Mark Thomas would appreciate being described as a libertarian.

Sagan says:

I’m stuck in the burger scene with the immigrant. I talked to the guy, but then she says that she needs more leverage to get him to talk, and I have no idea what I have to do next.

Sagan says:

As soon as I had written this, I randomly find the solution. You have to click on the piece of paper on the floor.

44. Bunny says:

damnit, massively stuck with the part-girl’s story. Needf to get in the manager’s office, found all the bonuses, can’t find ANYTHING else to click on and no clue as to what I should be doing.

A great game concept, but without some sort of hint or clue in each scene, it goes from a fun puzzle to just scanning each scene for the right pixel.

• vanarbulax says:

I got stuck there too for a while. Since you a fair way through a game where some of the clues were so small that you just clicked everywhere you probably just clicked on everything and moved on when nothing happened. However the door at the back where she says “the manager’s office” has a rather long audio piece associated with it and if you let her finish you go through the door.

45. kaptainkommie says:

Fun game, I enjoyed it although it wasn’t terribly interactive. I found the premise to be really cool and the graphics to be great for a flash game. None of the endings I received were positive either, although I’m sure none of my trust was maxed with any of the characters. Great game overall, will be recommending it to all my friends that are fans of steampunk.

I apparently didn’t encounter as many bugs as these other players did. I had no actual crashes occur and the load times for me weren’t bad at all. I’d suggest you guys make sure you have the latest version of flash.

I didn’t find many of the bonuses and the ones I did find were just from random pixel hunting for things to click on. I did notice that camera wrap around bug while playing Aisha and the difficulty/unpredictability of the slingshot. A few other things I didn’t see mentioned here was that at one point the sound effects from the questioning portion looped and continued looping throughout the rest of the scene; even though it was still playable and the other sounds were audible, it was annoying enough where I just refreshed and reloaded and it went away. Another minor glitch was in the alley when you’re your wake up your cop buddy. I tried slapping him, and dragging the items on the ground into his face, only to realize they would just disappear and cause lag for a couple of seconds. Apparently you have to drag them around his face and on to the top of his head. Couldn’t make out what it was I woke him up with, but it damn sure looked like a rat, haha.

46. jdoe says:

“How could you knew you could trust Luther?” Shouldn’t that be *you know*?

47. 9of9 says:

Fun game, I liked it. Even though there’s not much in terms of gameplay – it does a good job of putting you into the fucked-up world of Shepherd’s Party Britain. Reminds me a lot of Culpa Innata, actually.

I ran into a lot of bugs that many others here have already mentioned, but one I’ve not seen was when talking with Sloane at the very end, after completing all of his flashbacks. I suddenly get questions like ‘So when did you become an informant?’ and ‘So is Shamus okay? Assuming that there really was a Shamus?’ and ‘What really happened then?’. It follows from this that he says something that implies he’d been lying to me the whole time, but the thing is I hadn’t seen anything from him that would suggest that, leaving these deductions rather weird.

Also, some brilliant acting from Kieron there at the end. Really nailed that terrorist role ;)

• Kieron Gillen says:

Death of the author and all that.

Yeah – the final question should have skipped if you went the path you did. Mentioned it to the team, so they can check if it’s a general bug.

KG

48. Kieron Gillen says:

And the endings of the Curfew appear to work now, if you want to go and try.

KG

49. WildSurge says:

I tried to play the endings, with the save of a game I played a couple of days ago, but all I get are blacks screens :(

50. Jess says:

PLEASE HELP. I’m stuck on the part where as Leah, you have to make coffee. I put the coffee in the cafertiere thingy but then nothing?!