End Of Nations: Some PvP Footage

By Jim Rossignol on August 19th, 2010 at 8:44 am.

Quinns mentioned the intriguing-sounding MMORTS, End Of Nations, in his survey of the first day of GamesCom. Massive tanks, apparently. This is what Petroglyph (C&C veterans who made Universe At War) did next. There’s now been some footage released of the PvP aspect of the game, which allows multiple players (15 vs 15) to battle against each other and AI forces on a huge battlefield. A pretty traditional art style there, but it does look fantastic. Looking forward to marching a righteous RPS horde into this one.

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Senethro says:

Kinda looks like warzone 2100…

2. lePooch says:

I’ve recently been reliving my childhood recently, listening to my old Command and Conquer soundtracks. The music in this trailer was really reminiscent of that. Me like. Any ideas on who’s composing the music for this one?

• HissingNewt says:

I believe it’s Frank Klepacki doing the music for this. I know he works at Petroglyph.

3. Meatloaf says:

Wait… other people have heard of that game? Awesome!

And yeah, as Jim said, it does look similar. And good.

4. Pod says:

“C&C veterans who made Universe At War”.

What proud lineage. This game is simply going to be a blast.

• Harlander says:

Is Universe at War the one where the ‘tutorial’ missions pit the hopelessly outclassed human armies against skyscraper-sized alien walker dealibos?

Then you get some kind of transhumanist manga robots or something…

Arathain says:

That’s the one. Not the best RTS you’ll ever meet, but quite a lot of fun for the unit design alone.

5. Xercies says:

You can easily tell there C&C veterans with the way the UI and everything looks and also by the music. Cool!

6. Imperial Creed says:

Frank Klepacki, formerly of Westwood Studios and composer for nearly every C&C game ever made, is now working at Petroglyph. He also composed the music for Universe at War.

7. Vaos says:

Frank Klepacki is doing the music for End of Nations I believe, he’s working with Petroglyph since they started. If you need your memory refreshed, he’s the one who made the sountrack for all Command & Conquer games before C&C Generals, and he did some tracks for RA3 as well.

• DrGonzo says:

Red Alert 3 was a disappointing game imo. But, it has one of my favourite soundtracks ever. I loved the way it came with several different version of Hellmarch.

8. Snall says:

What was that one awesome looking, modern (weapons that is) persistant WORLD RTS (Like one HUGE RTS world with pplz empires) that was annonced like a decade ago? (Had screenshots in like PC Gamer) and then must have died? I was so excited for that…some day. (I dont like ‘normal’ RTS, but that sounded awesome)

9. -Spooky- says:

I hope EoN will be the same similar fast action like WiC.

10. DunDunDun says:

Not the first mmo rts(company of heroes online is)but could be good looks cool

• Snall says:

Actually there was a medieval one done a year or more ago and finished.. I meant to check it but never did.

• Hanneswall says:

Yeah, Dreamlords. But even that one wasn’t the first one. Thats the problem with MMORTS:s, they never get big enough and people never hear about them.

11. Bigfoot_King says:

seems promising but I keep calling it end nations instead if end of nations

12. WiPa says:

Looks like you get to choose the two tone color of your units too, cool idea. :D

13. Tei says:

It looks absolutelly sweet, but Is another game that will be ruined by the programmers. All life will be suck away from it, to convert it into a “e-sport”.

But thats not a the game fault (the game look georgeous) but our fault.

14. steve says:

There was an MMO RTS quite a few years ago called Shattered Galaxy. As far as I know, it’s still running.

• steve says:

Gah, that should’ve been in reply to a message upthread.

• Tei says:

I played Shatered Galaxy, and it was lots of fun ( you could make a army solely of mine layers, and walk all map placing mines… is not very effective, but.. he!). I don’t know why I stopped playing it.. think it played a trial and it ended, or something like that. Good game.

15. Dave says:

Having seen some of the unit artwork previously, I think the garish red/blue coloration is kind of spoiling the effect. But it still looks pretty nice.